• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 12 Man League can finally start

hgplayer1

FrenchMovieTheme said:
hg im home from work so i can play at any time, sign onto AIM when you see this and ill talk to you there (or if you know a definite time you want to play let me know)

sorry I missed you. Im meeting up with stooge for ESPN at 8 CST so we can play after that if you can.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Bob, I don't think I'll want to play after my ESPN game, I gotta go to bed. Won't be able to play at all tomorrow.

It's either Thursday, or before my ESPN game. Bog says he can start from 9:30-10, so if you want we can squeeze it in early.

Deadline is 10:42 PM PDT on Thursday, so we got all night, but I like to start my games before 10:30 on weeknights. I gotta be up at 5 AM weekdays.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea I'll be online at 11 pm eastern.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hey Mav..what was with the no huddle madness to start the game and the stupid ass squib kick in the first quarter?

GG btw...my best fucking receiver gets knocked out of the game in the beggining of the 2nd quarter...Im f-ing cursed.

I couldnt stop your passing game...stupid ass Texans D.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
2-0!

This is unpossible. How the f*ck am I winning in Madden?! Thomas Jones is a beast!

I cant wait to play you....Pats O right after the Ravens D is enough to make someone hate this game...I crave baby bears choke jobs :p

Matrix

Yea I'll play you...its fun to lose :D I'll go log on.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
I cant wait to play you....Pats O right after the Ravens D is enough to make someone hate this game...I crave baby bears choke jobs :p

Be careful what you wish for!!!

hgplayer1

Fifty said:
What happened in the Cowboys/Niners game!

44-6!!!!!!!!

What!!!?!?!

what happened is a Madden vet playing a virtual Madden noob.

I just cant get a feel for this game. everything seems so weird to me.

I missed the extra point on my only TD. that was the second time it happened tonight. the first time was in an offline game.

I just cant seem to deal with the lack of protection from my O line not to mention the D line being almost non existant. I dunno I think Dallas is just a mediocre team in this game. Im sure most of its me but when my O line is missing blocks on run plays its kinda hard to do anything. I still have a hard time reading defenses.

Fifty

Oh, I didn't know you were new to the game. :( If you posted it earlier, I must have missed it. I hope you rebound :)

dallas is rated at least 10 points higher than the niners i think. it's not all about ratings in madden, it's also about schemes.

as far as lack of pass protection, sometimes you're going to have all day even with a blitz coming, other times you're going to get sacked with a 3-man line and no blitz. you had time, you completed passes, but sometimes you held onto the ball too long (i sacked you 3 times with blitzes off the corner, and all 3 you drifted back about 10 yards, you had time to throw, but you have to pick a receiver and go to it, there's not much time to sit back and think).

anyways i think you played a pretty good game, despite the score. it's not like i was running up and down the field in one play. lots of counters, weak side runs, passes out of goal line formations, and so on, that is what it takes to win sometimes: schemes

p.s. just play bad luck on that kick return fumble for a TD

Fifty

hgplayer1 said:
I missed the extra point on my only TD. that was the second time it happened tonight. the first time was in an offline game.

That used to happen to Matrix :lol

Just make sure you don't use that much power in your PATs at first. The bar can only be half full, and it'll be fine. It'll make the accuracy better of course, and it's a good way to get used to the system.

Mrbob

I think I missed like 10 PATS in my first five games or so in Madden. One game was really frustrating because I hit two 40+ yard field goals but then I also missed two PATs in the same game. Just keep on kicking, and it gets easier the more you kick. I would recommend doing the madden field goal kicking skills test. It really helped me with my accuracy.

Slo

As always, later is better for me, but I can try to be flexible :-\ I work until about 6:00 Central everyday.

Drey1082

hgplayer1 said:
what happened is a Madden vet playing a virtual Madden noob.

I just cant get a feel for this game. everything seems so weird to me.

I just cant seem to deal with the lack of protection from my O line not to mention the D line being almost non existant. I dunno I think Dallas is just a mediocre team in this game. Im sure most of its me but when my O line is missing blocks on run plays its kinda hard to do anything. I still have a hard time reading defenses.

You can battle me for last place, since i've got a bad case of the ESPN's (I couldn't even remember basic audible commands, embarrassing...) I'll try to get some practice in this weekend after DM kicks my ass.

Matrix

Fifty said:
That used to happen to Matrix :lol

Just make sure you don't use that much power in your PATs at first. The bar can only be half full, and it'll be fine. It'll make the accuracy better of course, and it's a good way to get used to the system.

:(

Maverick

Martix-

That was the plan I had to start the game. I wanted to try hurry up on you to get my offense going early because I hadn't played the game in forever. Just trying something different. I wasn't running the same play all the time, I was basically trying to pull a real-life Brady (against the Colts) and audible everything at the line.

And the squib kick was just something else to try to throw you off. It didn't really work that well.

I thought the game was pretty cool. I made mistakes, but I tried to run as many different formations and throw to as many different recievers as possible (i hit 9 different ones in the end).

You're run D was killing me. I've never passed the ball that much in an online game, ever.

Slo

Charter just fucked me up bigtime. I'm reseting my modem and my routers. I'll be on as soon as I can.

Ramirez

GG Slo,I've never been able to run that effectively before this year,it was amazing,I was loving it.My main problem with the game has been its impossible for me to get a good running game going...I had to d/l a new roster,maybe they saw how good we were running the ball and bumped up our stats or something,or maybe it was the Colts D :p

Deuce and Plax both coughed it up though...and Porter was hurt in the first and out for the rest of the game,my D stepped it up though :D

Matrix

Oh just f-ing great...I got Ram in week three with a running game....here's looking to an 0-3 start *sigh*

Slo

Ramirez said:
GG Slo,I've never been able to run that effectively before this year,it was amazing,I was loving it.My main problem with the game has been its impossible for me to get a good running game going...I had to d/l a new roster,maybe they saw how good we were running the ball and bumped up our stats or something,or maybe it was the Colts D :p

Deuce and Plax both coughed it up though...and Porter was hurt in the first and out for the rest of the game,my D stepped it up though :D

That was a humiliating and humbling defeat. My receivers couldn't get off the line and I saw 3 down and 15 almost every drive. I got the ball run down my throat and couldn't do anything about it. Ramirez was just plain better than me tonight.

I did find it odd how when they were up by 17 in the fourth quarter, the Steeler's conservative, dominating ball control offense turned into the fucking 1999 Rams. I can't say I appreciated that. /bitter

Fifty

Matrix.....Since your Private messages folder is full, I'll say this here. Sorry I couldn't make it on for that exhibition. My computer crashed, and I lost my internet connection for a while as well. Ugly stuff. Sorry dude.

SLO: The deadline is tomorrow night at 10:42 pacific, I can't move it up, and I wouldn't want to. We're doing great as is, and maybe a day off will do us all good. :) When can you play? Friday afternoon works great, although I doubt you'd be around. The evening....maybe, I'd need to know what's good for you.

Slo

:) Later is better. I'm sorry to be a pain in everyone's ass, but it will be very difficult for me to play before say 9:30 central time. I work about 50-60 a week and I make it a priority to spend time with my kids until their bedtime.

I will try to be as flexible as possible, and I know it's not fair to make everyone work with my schedule.

Ramirez

Not sure what you mean...I only passed it like twice on that one time I was in the redzone.

Like I've said a million times though,any of you ever get the chance to run the score up on me,go ahead,doesn't matter to me,I won't cry!

Slo

I understand, you were probably just padding your BCS rating so you'd get into a better Bowl game.......OH WAIT! ;-)

No hard feelings, I just get bitter and frustrated when I lose that badly. As I said, you clearly outplayed me and deserved the win. I guess I just take "running up the score" a little more personally than you do. Expect to be eating 31 flavors of raging, hateful revenge come playoff time. :)

I've said a million times though,any of you ever get the chance to run the score up on me,go ahead,doesn't matter to me,I won't cry!

at first i was only going to stomp you by 20 in our game. after you've said that, it will probably be a triple digit victory for me. adios steelers!

Ramirez

The Niners will be shutout,just like in real life!

But honestly man,I wouldn't call what I did running up the score,you went for it on 4th down once didn't you?I got the ball at like the 15 with like 3-4 minutes left,what do you want me to do,take 3 knees and kick a FG?I've blown 21 point leads in ESPN and Madden before (in the 2nd half),so I'm not too keen on playing conservative.

Slo

Call it what you like, but you've just created the most BITTER RIVALRY IN GAF LEAGUE HISTORY!!!!!111. They're going to be showing replays of me kicking your ass on ESPN Classic for the next 30 years.

But seriously, don't take my bitching too seriously. I'm a pouty bastard.

Ramirez

I'm just throwing fuel on the fire,I want everyone to hate the Steelcurtain! :D You will most definitely ph33r them!

Top Bottom