• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 12 Man League can finally start

hgplayer1

I dont agree that following your blocks and being patient is the key to running the ball. Ive looked at some of my run plays VERY closely and there are so many things beyond my control happening that patience is not an option. a lot of times I have people in the backfield hitting my RB as soon as the handoff is made. sometimes my lead blocker is across the line of scrimmage by the time I get the ball and he hasnt touched a soul and Im gettin nailed in the backfield. most of the problem is with the O line just gettin beat badly and guys coming free before theres time to do anything. there are very few times when following the lead block or the direction the play is designed to go is the best way to go. I think it depends a lot on the team youre using as to how successful you can be with the run. Im not even sure if on a lot of the plays that I get stuffed in the backfield that Im not getting blitzed. I think its just the other teams LBs reacting VERY quickly to the run action.

Maverick

HG.

Counters. Counters. Counters. Run counters. Also, a lot of people talk about using the run to set up the pass. I usually use the pass to set up the run.

hgplayer1

Maverick said:
HG.

Counters. Counters. Counters. Run counters. Also, a lot of people talk about using the run to set up the pass. I usually use the pass to set up the run.

its interesting you say that because one of the runs that I started having some success with is a counter play. Ive only found one that seems to really be effective though and its in a single back set.

Ramirez

Matrix was stuffing my run,which was amazing to me considering how well I had ran the ball against Slo...but towards the end I kinda figured he was blitzing the middle,so I started running sweeps and tosses and I was getting good yardage,they work if people blitz the inside.

Drey1082

for some reason, all of a sudden the ea servers don't like me. Me and hgplayer played our game, and it hasn't updated. I clicked end game after playing, it went back to the connect to the ea server screen. And then it signed me out. It better have recorded.....

Drey1082

whew, it updated...

You guys are mean.. I know I haven't played much with you guys in the past, but putting me in the same division with dmczaf and french?? Very cruel..

DMczaf

Drey1082 said:
whew, it updated...

You guys are mean.. I know I haven't played much with you guys in the past, but putting me in the same division with dmczaf and french?? Very cruel..

:lol

Ramirez

How come no one uses voice chat?

I mainly due it out of respect to the player Im playing...chances are Im gonna be fucking cussing my opponent out throughout the game,lmao.Say something I don't mean and regret it later :p

Plus it breaks my overall focus of the game :D

Fifty

Drey1082 said:
whew, it updated...

Heh, I had to put someone with them, and I wanted to keep NFC team together.

Drey1082

Fifty said:
Heh, I had to put someone with them, and I wanted to keep NFC team together.

I was mostly kidding, it's a lot of fun just playing with people who you know will play fair and not cheese. I'm glad i'm in any division.

Fifty

Yeah, I never use mine for league games. I can't concentrate when I'm cracking jokes, and that's what I end up doing when I have a mic on.

Drey1082

Mic's are fun in shooters, racing, etc. In sports games however, unless it's a good friend, I don't normally use them. It's just too destracting, and i find i make more mistakes.

drey you're my week 4 game, when can you play?

it will be an important game as we are both 1-2 and must keep pace with dm :(

i'm ready to go now if you're around

Fifty

HAHAHAHAHHA

Jesus fucking Christ
Dead whores in a meat locker
fucking fucking fuck

Sure, my team can't pass....Sure, I'm more one dimensional than anna nicole smith, but this is ridiculous. Ok, I started this off wrong...My lack of passing didn't lose me the game....2 fumbles that lead to TDs cost me the game. FUMBLES OFF OF PUNTS. Two muffed punts, 14 points. AHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Ok, that's not fair...Calm down. You're not making any sense. What else happened?

Well, there was that crucial third down where I finally made a pass, this time to Heap over the middle for the first. Wait, no...My All-Pro TE decided to drop the 6 yard pass. That's ok! What about the time (this one's funny) I manually (while strafing, of course) pressed Y with Ray to get an INT...The ball bounced off of his fingers and into the hands of a Steeler. Now THAT was classic. Good game otherwise, but I still want to commit suicide.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sweet 0-4 :D I was horrible against Dskillz's running attack on D,just horrible :( which then opened him up for an easy passing game.I dont understand how one min my team can just flat out stop the run and the the next min play like ass.I admit I blitzed a lot on Dskillz,but after he pulled off an amazing 77 yard run up the middle I wanted to shoot myself :(

I get 2 ints and still give up tons of yards on the ground and air.

Gg Dskillz,you gave me a texas ass whooping despite what the score reads.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Slo...fear cousin David cause he will be gunning the ball week 5 :D

I'm soooo going to lose just cause I'm cursed like all Houston teams.

Ramirez

Well how about those 2 big plays by Jamal,or just the utter lack of my run defense?You got perfect blocks no matter what I did,I stopped you better out of the Dime than the 3-4,stupid.

But I mean seriously,you didn't move the ball at all against me,you got two big running plays,and those punt fumbles could have easily been avoided if you would just have called fair catch or got out of the way...

Fifty

Ramirez said:
But I mean seriously,you didn't move the ball at all against me,you got two big running plays,and those punt fumbles could have easily been avoided if you would just have called fair catch or got out of the way...

Oh, don't remind me...Boller was beyond terrible. I actually put in Kordell for a snap and his first pass was an INT! :lol That was also his last pass. We both made mistakes, and it was a true test for me to stay focused amidst those fumbles in my 10 yard line...I don't mind them that much, I just couldn't believe that immaculate reception from my Lewis tip. Oh well, it'll be a good division race. I hope someone can stop you (well, besides mav :p I play him next week, and I hope he disconnects)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DAMN DAMN DAMN! I totally change my offense and it worked in getting me to decent field position, but I could never punch it in against DM. I was able to tie it up with under two minutes left in the game, and I should have been able to hold (let's ignore the missed ints! ARGH!) and then DM let's it fly and I accidently switch to the guy covering him took me a fraction of a section to realize what happened but that gave DM's guy the space he needed for the long bomb into field goal range. He ends up winning with a field goal. ARGH.

Maverick

Will Tom Brady continue to sling it and slang it tonight? We'll see on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!

You know, I love this Brady guy. He's just so smart. He's one of those 600 I.Q. guys, you know? He's just a football guy. He's got those intangibles. It just gives me goosebumps. And make no mistake, Tommy's a man. He's a big hulking man with the face of a Greek God and the charm of a prince. He just loves football. He's great. He just loves the game. He's a player. He just loves the game.

Maverick

i'm in the middle of a fucking ridiculous game right now with Slo.

This is fucked.

honestly slo, you suck? i dunno, you think you could get any more plays against me?

Maverick

wow dude.....another ridiclous grab!!!!111

im so suprised!

at least when i ws slingin and slangin it my guys were open. and the plays made sense. this is a crock of shit game here.

and now he gets to run freeny's ridiclous ass in from the outside every goddamn p[lay since im behind.

Fifty

About time he slings and slangs it with the Colts. He has a ridiculous offense, he was due for a breakout game.

Maverick

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA i score the n cause a fucking fumble and his o lineman picks it up and rumbles for the first

this is the NO FUCKING WAY GAME in madden. i am experiencing it.

Fifty

Hey, at least during my "no fucking way" game, earlier today...I saved my comments for after the final whistle. :p

Maverick

Slo I know you are gonna come on and read this and argue that you deserved the win, and maybe you did.....but for chrissakes the game was pretty bad, man.

That Freeney shit? ugh.

And some of your catches were just crazy.

It wasnt as bad as i was making it I GUESS, but shit.....that should have been a defensive battle and not some 30-14 goddamn blowout.

wtf.

Slo

Yeah, there was good coverage on a couple of my longer receptions, but I didn't think it was anything unbelievable, or anything that hasn't happened to me all season long. Live by the sword, die by the sword I guess.

I thought the game was pretty well played actually, there was basically two key plays that turned the game my way. The INT I returned for a TD and the wide open drop that your receiver had. That's a 14 point swing. If the score was 23-21 instead of 30-14 you wouldn't have had to go 5-0-0 all the fourth quarter and you could have played the game much differently.

But don't worry buddy, we've got 2 more rematches this year. I'm sure I'll beat you by a lesser amount next time! :D

Drey1082

FrenchMovieTheme said:
drey you're my week 4 game, when can you play?

it will be an important game as we are both 1-2 and must keep pace with dm :(

i'm ready to go now if you're around

sorry french, i worked late today, and didn't feel like madden when i got home around 9 central. I did, however enjoy watching the packers getting their asses handed to them....

I sent you a pm.. but is tomorrow any time between 7:30 and 10 central good with you?

i enjoyed that too drey!

i'll be home tomorrow @ about 3 pacific, so anytime after that is fine with me. i'll be on AIM (whossorrynow015) and checking the boards, so let me know when you're ready

Maverick

Fifty said:
HAHAHAHAHHA

Jesus fucking Christ
Dead whores in a meat locker
fucking fucking fuck

Ok, that's not fair...Calm down. You're not making any sense. What else happened?

Good game otherwise, but I still want to commit suicide.

+ my quotes

=

Madden day of frustration! :lol

Ramirez

I was cussing the game the entire time as well,I have never seen such awesome blocking on EVERY running play like he was getting,yet when I try to run there's a LB in the backfield before I even have time to take one step after the handoff -_-

well i beat drey 23-14 in a hard fought game. good game dude.

i was playing pretty sound defense (i.e. bend but dont break) and the score was 20-0. then in the 3rd, drey punts, i call a fair catch but jimmy williams decides not only will he not catch the ball, he's going to touch it with his leg for good measure. drey gets the ball inside the 10 and scores. then, i move to about midfield and get a great kick off, landed inside the 15 i believe. 2nd play on that drive drey breaks one for 75 yards or something with bennett, so it's 20-14.

but, my final meaningful drive was a good one for me. to be honest with you i was truly conceding the ball. all i wanted to do was run 3 plays, get some time off the clock, and let my defense go to work. but somehow i kept converting.

good luck i guess, but then again don't we all need a little luck here and there? gg drey

hgplayer1

Fifty said:
HG and Bob, you guys have until 10:40 Pacific to play your game.

oops!

we were setting up the game by PM and had agreed to try to play last night. it kinda slipped my mind though and Im not sure if I missed a chance to play him last night. I played my ESPN game earlier that evening and when I was done I left my Xbox on for a long while so I was signed in most of the evening. I dont think I ever got an invite from him though?

I can play tonight if youre around Bob just name the time.

Mrbob

Hmm, I thought it ended tommorrow? Damn.

HG, I can play as soon as I get home from work (Which is about 40 minutes from now). I'll post here. I am leaving for the night at about 5:30PM Central time, and I won't be back until tommorrow. So I guess the game has to be soon or it'll be a tie.

Top Bottom