• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 12 Man League can finally start

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
WTF cant my team ever recover fumbles...you suck ass Texans! jump on the ball you douches and stop giving up 3rd and long plays after you play great D on the first two plays!!! ughhh.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Johnson is god...too bad the rest of my team is crap in this game.

It hurt my D losing Sharper in the first quarter :( and then I lose Gaffney on O near the end of the 3rd,he came back in but I was on a nice drive when he went out and lost a weapon on O for a few snaps and ended up having to punt.

Fifty

No, tomorrow wouldn't be good at all. We can still play tonight at 11 EST, I just wondered if you were, because I could have played now. :) We can proceed as scheduled.

Slo

WTF!? How come the web page says that round three ends at 10:42 PST on 10/10? Isn't that tonight? Didn't round two just end?

Matrix

dskillzhtown said:
I am starting to hate this game...

You will like it again in week 4...you play me :(

Fifty

Our score still hasn't uploaded! I think it's because XBL went down while we were on. EA's servers/XBL have been shaky today. Ugh............... Can you spot me a 35 point lead?

They really should have given us an option to assign wins...Not that bitching about that will get me anywhere.

hgplayer1

hey Drey when can you play? Im gonna be watching a couple of games tomorrow so Im not sure if I can meet you then but give me a time and Ill try.

Drey1082

hgplayer1 said:
hey Drey when can you play? Im gonna be watching a couple of games tomorrow so Im not sure if I can meet you then but give me a time and Ill try.

Sunday would be ideal for me. I'm going to a birthday party tomorrow, so i'm not sure when i'll get back from that.

Fifty

It didn't register. Slo, when do you want to redo it. I'm not sure how we should handle this....Even though it was a blowout, we have to do it again.

Slo

Fifty said:
It didn't register. Slo, when do you want to redo it. I'm not sure how we should handle this....Even though it was a blowout, we have to do it again.

Yeah, I'll make sure you get your win. And I'll make sure you win big if you care about that.

I'm so fucking frustrated. I'm such a weaksauce player with the Colts, I wouldn't be suprised if I went 0-16 this season. I hate this game. :mad:

Fifty

I don't really care about the stats, I just wish we didn't have to redo it. When do you want to try again? I'll be home at 11:30 tomorrow. Maybe you can just give me a 10 point lead...I don't want to seem like an ass, but every win counts.

Fifty

Heh, their website redefined slow and steady. Amazing... XBL went down while we were playing and the game still recorded. It's on the league page.

Slo

I think this season has finally exposed Peyton Manning as a guy who just happened to be in the right place at the right time. He's a no talent hack that benefitted from the scheme of offensive mastermind Tony Dungy. His 5 consecutive 4000 yard passing seasons must have been a fluke. A very long, consistent, and infaliable fluke.

I only wish the Colts would have drafted a QB so I could sit Peyton and start preparing for next year.

Maverick

DSkillz, that was a really good game we played. I know you were frustrated about your turnovers, but it was just a game played by two good ballers. You definitely gave me some trouble.

Just when I thought I was going to pull away at 28-7 I made a bunch of mistakes and you killed me with Taylor.

That INT/Hitstick/FUMBLE! was crazy.

I have more offensive yards in technically 2 weeks of actually playing than anyone else. LOL. WTF. Usually online I win with less offensive yards than the other team, I just cause more turnovers.

Giants CB's hands > 49ers WR hands

what a garbage game. 6 ints by Rat, 9 drops by my receivers, 28 pts off turnovers for CK, i lose 31-9. it was just one of those games where nothing goes right dudes.

kbar had a good game but because i was down early i couldn't run too much. gg ck, for shame niners :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think it's kinda sad that my DBs caught more passes than any of my receivers.

But yeah, that was some crazy sticky hand action. Wonder if any recent roster updates had anything to do with that.

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Giants CB's hands > 49ers WR hands

what a garbage game. 6 ints by Rat, 9 drops by my receivers, 28 pts off turnovers for CK, i lose 31-9. it was just one of those games where nothing goes right dudes.

kbar had a good game but because i was down early i couldn't run too much. gg ck, for shame niners :(

:lol Holy crap!

DM goes down, FMT goes down. Is there a power shift occurring in Madden??? :p

Matrix

Dm actually lost to me yesterday too,sad for me it was only an exhib. game,but he had 6 turnovers,4 ints...first time I have ever beat him :D Texans > Bucs.

Slo

Well, I feel a little bit better. I don't think my problem is that I suck, as much as it is that you guys are just really good. Or maybe a combination of the two. :p I've been practicing a bit offline, and I'm finding that I have to turn the difficulty up to All-Madden and play against the Patriots to start reproducing the results that I'm seeing online in all of my tournament games.

That doesn't make getting blown out any less frustrating, but it atleast makes it understandable.

the key to winning in madden is to NOT turn the ball over. i guarantee you that in 95% of your games, if you have 0 turnovers, you will at the very least be in the game at the end. i'm not guaranteeing no turnovers = victory, but it will prevent you from getting blown out. so, practice ball control offense and let your defense do it's job.

p.s. if you are the colts, you should be destroying teams on offense.

Slo

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the key to winning in madden is to NOT turn the ball over. i guarantee you that in 95% of your games, if you have 0 turnovers, you will at the very least be in the game at the end. i'm not guaranteeing no turnovers = victory, but it will prevent you from getting blown out. so, practice ball control offense and let your defense do it's job.

p.s. if you are the colts, you should be destroying teams on offense.

Well yeah, I'm not really competent running the Colts offense. Rushing Edge James seems like I'm either going to get 3 yards or -3 yards, it's about 50/50. When I look at the pass plays it seems like they are designed to go 15+ yards downfield, or all have some long developing play action. The problem is I can't seem to get enough time to let those routes develop. Either I'm holding the ball to long, or I'm not getting good protection. I end up in 2nd and 3rd and long just about every drive, and when that happens the situation is pretty much hopeless. :(

Any other tips would be appreciated.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
In terms of rushing, you HAVE to follow your blockers and let the play develop. Don't immediately jam on the A button, just move your back and then hit the speed. It takes a lot of discipline, I know, still working on it myself.

In terms of passing though, ugh, I can't do it myself. My plays just don't work out well, and heck, my O-Line just did not give me enough time. Oh well.

Slo

Maybe it's just because I've been playing great defensive teams (jags, ravens, steelers), but it seems like slamming into the hole is the only way I even get back to the line. I have the whole D-line and half the practice squad in my backfield before the exchange is made.

I'm so weaksauce. It help that the last football game I bought was NFL2k on the DC. :(

Maverick

Well you're about to play another great defensive team, biatch! ;)

Seriously though Slo, when would be the best time for you to play?

Ramirez- You're just saying that because I scared you before my damn controller went out. =P

And most Madden ballers out there would pick the Colts, Vikings and Ravens over the Patriots. Despite the rating, those 3 teams with their speedy RBs (Dillon is very average in Madden 05), fit better into the actual game.

Im not saying I dont have an advantage over say the Texans or Jags but come on, give me some props.

here is the thing. you see the pats "99 ovr defense", but what does that really mean? it means they have depth. now, if you want to compare STARTING squads, most teams in the game can easily stack up (and in many cases surpass) the patriots. for instance, the jaguars and panthers have a better STARTING defense than the pats (if you go by the numbers). the 49ers have a very good starting defense. but because many teams don't have depth (the 49ers, for instance, drop down to a 71 ovr defense because our 2nd stringers are so terrible).

don't kid yourself though. the defense in madden this year is VERY good, even for "bad" teams. if you play disciplined D you will have success.

slo, try out some different playbooks. before you push start on the team select screen, press Y. you can pick from ANY of the playbooks in the league. for the colts, try out Pass Balanced. You may find it fits your style better (if you dont like a downfield passing game).

Slo

Mav, I don't think we can play today. This round doesnt end until 10:42 Pacific tonight.

Howabout tommorrow after 9:30 Central?

Top Bottom