• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is the kind of stuff dakkumauji likes:

7uAfV.png

I see.

Please, my games would have more options.

upandaway

Who's making the thread?
Whoever it is please do not make it later than the time at the time of this post because it's really late in everywhere aside from that place.

I remember how it took survivor like half an hour past my bed time to make the thread and I was grumpy the entire next day. Seriously, what the hell.

retcon
GUNMAN DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY WORKS GEEZ

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Let's get this ball rolling:

One Piece isn't very good. Bad art, luffy is worse than Naruto, and his rubber ability is dumb as hell.

survivor

Banned
Solanin Sunscreen

Hmm...so I'm not really sure what to say about this one. I think I like Asano's other works better. I feel like Asano didn't have a good understanding or control of his symbolism. It seems forced and unpolished. And he definitely got better with his use of quick cuts with AGBTS. However, the "ugly" adults, wacky bystanders (two guys on bicycles flashing a woman), and snot are all there. It is just a much rougher work.

Read Nijigahara Holograph next for more rough Asano early work. It's probably his first manga (or maybe it was What a Wonderful world). Holograph is also probably the best mindfuck manga he has ever written. First time I read it, I understood nothing and thought this shit was way too deep for me.

gunbo13

I'll just sit this one out.

/afk
I was TOTALLY being sarcastic. TOTALLY. Seriously, bad form all.

Aoharaido

Kou is still so dreamy. I'm going to put stickers up of him on my walls.
Read Nijigahara Holograph next for more rough Asano early work. It's probably his first manga (or maybe it was What a Wonderful world). Holograph is also probably the best mindfuck manga he has ever written. First time I read it, I understood nothing and thought this shit was way too deep for me.
It took me months to finally read Solanin Sunscreen. Expect me to read those by 2014.

Lain

Was thinking about reading Black Cat. What's shounen-GAF opinion ?

For what it's worth, I liked it. The Creed/Black Cat back and forth can become annoying, but I liked the Numbers (Sephiria especially, which got so much deserved love by Crimson), the fights, the powers and the main cast. Train and Eve were my preferred ones thanks to their exchanges.

gunbo13

If we are doing this I would rather the equivalent exchange be 4 volumes of Ludwig Revolution + oneshot for 1 volume of Nijigahara Holograph and whatever number of chapters translated for Again.
Damn...thought I had you on that one.

There's only 15 chaps of Again. Is that good enough? I could always read Shingeki no Kyojin.
For what it's worth, I liked it. The Creed/Black Cat back and forth can become annoying, but I liked the Numbers, the fights, the powers but especially liked the main cast.
Yea but you like Vampire Bund so...

:)

retcon:
Scy, come back I was joking... Seriously man, not like this...

survivor

Banned
Damn...thought I had you on that one.

There's only 15 chaps of Again. Is that good enough? I could always read Shingeki no Kyojin.
19 if you know where to look

fuck SnK, Again is better. I was sorta hoping by the time you read it, the translations will cover the third volume but that's probably only happening by 2014

Y'all could just do as the Japanese do and say in the OP, "Post #19956 makes next thread", or something.
Well the method we are using is first come first serves but it seems like no one is volunteering yet

gunbo13

19 if you know where to look

fuck SnK, Again is better. I was sorta hoping by the time you read it, the translations will cover the third volume but that's probably only happening by 2014
Manga bets inspire me. Just pick something the equivalent of the Ludwig material - Holograph. If that's 19 chaps of Again, then that's fine by me.
Well the method we are using is first come first serves but it seems like no one is volunteering yet
Damn are we an uninspired bunch...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I nominate survivor, with the condition that he replaces fairy tale with silver spoon because really, who gives a shit about fairy tale?

Wiseblade

Rage Town

Things ar getting good! It's about time that Haruto started truly suffering for picking the Worst Girl.

Rage End

This could really go somewhere ragetastic...

scy

Was thinking about reading Black Cat. What's shounen-GAF opinion ?

Black Cat is pretty much average. There feels like a lot of wasted potential for certain characters (Sephiria!) and certain plot angles but it's not that bad, really. The evolution of Creed throughout is probably one of my least favorite villain evolutions, though, in a manga. Just something about him that I never quite liked.

The cast is pretty good though. Train and Eve notably.

retcon:
Scy, come back I was joking... Seriously man, not like this...

oh god whyyyy

survivor

Banned
Manga bets inspire me. Just pick something the equivalent of the Ludwig material - Holograph. If that's 19 chaps of Again, then that's fine by me.
Yeah, Holograph + Again is fine by me

Hype level through the roof. With a volume twice a year, the wait is painful.
jWkQL.jpg
me so jelly

I'm learning French this year and this is one of the few things I'm considering importing when I'm good enough at reading.

Kurita

me so jelly

I'm learning French this year and this is one of the few things I'm considering importing when I'm good enough at reading.

You won't regret it.

Also, thanks everybody, I guess I'll give Black Cat a shot, I found the first twelve volumes for 30€ so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom