• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mankind Divided game breaking bug? [patch aiming for Aug 29]

tuxfool

Banned
Does this work once you've started the side missions?

I don't know. I only did the
second K
mission then the main mission and it crashed. I went back and did the main mission, travelled to jensens place and started all the secondary missions and it worked.

I was hoping I'd get lucky and somehow not encounter this myself but nope, totally unable to finish the game because of this bug. They said they've already found a fix that will be released with the next patch, which seems overly laxadasical to me. Should have released that fix alone as soon as they found it, making people wait days just to be able to continue playing a full priced game they paid for sucks.

Yeah for me the experience is ruined. Last time I bought a PC game on Launch or full price.

DukeBobby

In my playthrough, I had pretty much every bug imaginable (including one that made the game drop to 1fps around the Palisade bank and surrounding areas) except this one.

I guess I got lucky, but it was still a very rough experience for me on PC.

Ruff

I reloaded a save before the 2 missions choice, decided to go to the church then just went through the story quests without doing any of the side quests during martial law Prague. Loaded through the subway fine this time and was able to finish. Seems like something is wrong with the sidequest although I didnt have the time to pinpoint what one,

the only way I was finally able to get through the bug (after restarting the game and playing all the way back to rainy Prague) was to do not even a single side mission in that chapter. pretty crappy.

My saves in the third visit to prague no longer work. The game crashed on me while in the sewers looking for a POI related to an SOS message. I've tried rebooting the console etc but my saves won't load and blue screen the game, kicking me out to the PS4 menu.

Since the third visit to Prague, I've completed two side missions and moved the main story along a bit by visiting HQ. I've used the subway once with no issue.

Not sure what triggered it, but my two autosaves are screwed and I've had to go all the way back to the GARM facility (to the first part of the game where I was feeling pretty bored, nonetheless) losing me nearly 2 hours of progress.

tuxfool

Banned
Which isn't really a workaround if you don't have a save before you started doing the side missions.

Sure. In a perfect world one shouldn't have to breadcrumb their saves, but it isn't a perfect world so that it what I do whenever a game gives me that choice.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
For myself and others on various forums (Steam, here, Square Enix support) we've all hit a game progress halting bug where upon the 3rd visit to the Prague hub (specifically mission 14) whenever one uses the train station the game keeps crashing. This makes further game progress impossible as there is no other way to cross between the north and south sides of Prague.

No idea what is causing it, but devs are aware. Seemingly this is not limited to PC but has been found on XB1 and PS4 as well.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/337000/discussions/1/355043117529889878/
http://forums.na.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=190870

Just giving everyone a heads up so they are aware as the game is still quite new.
Lock if old.

Ive had it crash once more like freeze during loading which caused a hard reset. Interesting to see it was an actual issue. As its only happened once just shrugged it off as "one of those things" due to no real S rank issues like that appearing otherwise.

So is general consensus I should wait for the patch until replaying my lost couple of hours?

I was hoping to get my first playthrough finished today as back to work etc tomorrow...

They better fix this soon. I mean how did they even miss this bug?

It doesn't happen to everybody.

It seems like a lot of people are reporting it, but there are likely many times more people who played through fine without ever encountering the issue.(including everyone who reviewed the game, otherwise this would have been mentioned)

It happened to me, I went back to an earlier save and did a couple things differently and it didn't happen to me the next time. I talked to other people who did things the other way I had originally and they didn't have an issue either. It's probably some weird combination of things that not everyone runs into.

The patch just went live on Steam. 75MB in size. Here's the changelog
• Fixed a crash during the subway loading scene.
• Fixed issue with loading a saved game while in cover and pressing [SPACE], causing Jensen to vault over cover.
• Fixed crash when leaving for Golem City.
• Fixed issues where the UI was offset at some aspect ratios, such as 21:9.
• Fixed issue where vibration was not working on gamepad.
• Fixed an issue where some keyboard language settings could cause the game to not launch.
o Some users had a workaround by creating a new user account or by changing their keyboard language setting.
• Fixed various issues related to Breach.
• Fixed issues related to Tobii EyeTracking.

Now I can continue my game in peace.

Top Bottom