• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyNapSe

Looks like they might choke in the first round

Eh, Virginia started out real slow too. Could just be nerves

edit: well and Virginia adjusted and went small. Had to leave at half time and I'm back at "work" so can't see the game anymore. It looks like UNCW has made a run to get back in it.

Gonzaga will readjust at half and win by 15+, happens every year to a 1 seed.

I don't have them making out of the weekend so if they lose today that's fine by me lol

SyNapSe

Gonzaga will readjust at half and win by 15+, happens every year to a 1 seed.

I don't have them making out of the weekend so if they lose today that's fine by me lol

Agreed. Pretty hard to upset a top seed when you have 22 points near the end of the half. They needed to be at 30+ here to have a real shot.

ryseing

Helluva game Hoos. UNCW's shot selection was just so damned poor.

Keatts is on to bigger and hopefully better things.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
WVU off too a good start, shooting well and forcing turnovers with the press. Wish Princeton had pulled the upset. ND (along with Syracuse) was always our Achilles's heel when we were in the Big East.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
WVU off too a good start, shooting well and forcing turnovers with the press. Wish Princeton had pulled the upset. ND (along with Syracuse) was always our Achilles's heel when we were in the Big East.

They should be able to handle the press pretty well. Their entire rotation is guards and wings.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
They should be able to handle the press pretty well. Their entire rotation is guards and wings.

Yep, we didn't play the press back then, but they've always had strong guard play and had a knack for beating us in close games repeatedly when we were in the Big East.

I fully expect Huggs to have WVU ready for ND, and Gonzaga on top of that. I feel an Elite 8 run out of them this year.

Edit: Of course they could always just lose to Bucknell and make it all a moot point anyway.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Bucknell has cut the lead to 3, has the ball, and I'm wondering what made me think WV could go to the Final Four.

Yeah, I'm a WVU fan and alum and I have them going out in the Sweet 16 to Gonzaga.

We're just too inconsistent to make a deeper run this year IMO. We've shown all year we can beat anyone, but also lose to damn near anyone with losses to shitty teams like Temple and Oklahoma (at WVU even).

Falchion

Just started following the games since work has been crazy today. Didn't expect UVA to get tested like they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom