• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Patryn

If they want to keep Reigns face, I think they have to let Brock destroy him worse than he did Cena. Like to the point even the IWC feels sympathy. Then you can build him back up and have him compete for the IC title for a while.

Kaiterra

Banned
I knew Lesnar was gonna re-sign.

Except I thought he already had and it was being kept hush-hush until after 'Mania to keep heat on him, heh.

RP912

Banned
If they want to keep Reigns face, I think they have to let Brock destroy him worse than he did Cena. Like to the point even the IWC feels sympathy. Then you can build him back up and have him compete for the IC title for a while.

That wouldn't work at all when you have some people on the IWC counting down the days until he gets a career ending injury :/. If anything, Bork destroying Reigns would fuel the bloodlust.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I knew Lesnar was gonna re-sign.

Except I thought he already had and it was being kept hush-hush until after 'Mania to keep heat on him, heh.

I would agree with this as well, even his appearance at UFC

Toki767

The problem with this, though, is that ratings are showing that Lesnar isn't drawing. He's over with the IWC, but can he be a megaface like Cena with the everyday fans that spend money on merchandise? I don't know if he can pull that off.

WWE doesn't even advertise when Brock is on TV.

That was apparently a bargaining tactic for them to get Brock to re-sign sooner. Like Brock really cared whether he got advertised or not as long as he got paid.

Ithil

That wouldn't work at all when you have some people on the IWC counting down the days until he gets a career ending injury :/. If anything, Bork destroying Reigns would fuel the bloodlust.

That's like, two people. On youtube.

No one actually wishes injury on him, it's only wrestling.

Gonzalez

Banned
Did anyone ever make a gif. of Will Forte getting super excited about having sex with Melissa that he ran to his house, and started snickering into his pillow on Last Man On Earth? That's how I feel right now after hearing about that Lesnar news.

Mahonay

Banned
Please push Cesaro.

Him vs brock needs to happen.
goodfellas-laughing.gif

Patryn

I think if he got killed and dropped back to the upper midcard, a lot of the resentment about him being pushed to the moon would subside. They could still have him be "the guy", but a more natural build.

It would even give him a story about trying to get redemption after failing his first chance at glory.

Toki767

I think if he got killed and dropped back to the upper midcard, a lot of the resentment about him being pushed to the moon would subside. They could still have him be "the guy", but a more natural build.

It would even give him a story about trying to get redemption after failing his first chance at glory.

Give him the Shinsuke Nakamura story of getting a rocket to the top only to get rejected by the fans and then working his way back up to earn fans' respect.

Granted for Nakamura it was like a 5 year story though. WWE doesn't have the patience for that.

Give him the Shinsuke Nakamura story of getting a rocket to the top only to get rejected by the fans and then working his way back up to earn fans' respect.

Granted for Nakamura it was like a 5 year story though. WWE doesn't have the patience for that.

Yeah, cena's redemption arc with brock was like weeks lol

The problem with this, though, is that ratings are showing that Lesnar isn't drawing. He's over with the IWC, but can he be a megaface like Cena with the everyday fans that spend money on merchandise? I don't know if he can pull that off.

Well, that's the assignment ahead for their crack team of twenty or so writers!

RP912

Banned

He still would have to work on his character regardless of the killing.

bad?

Congrats WWE. You didn't think the GDT reactions would get any better? Now we get to see the GDT reactions when Brock stays and Reigns still wins and leaves Mania and Raw with the belt.

Kaiterra

Banned
And they will just continue writing to avoid having Vince throw away their scripts! Easy, really. Vince has his pulse on the WWE Universe after all. I love it Maggle!

Maybe when Vince says he listens to the WWE Universe, he means whatever shitty algorithm it is that books WWE Universe Mode in the games. I always found myself complaining about the way it works and then realizing that it books the same way as they do on TV.

kiguel182

Great to see that Lesnar resigned. Will at least give the main event some suspense. Even if Reigns will still win it. Probably.

I'll have some secret hope for a future program with Rollins and/or Bryan. I don't learn.

Mahonay

Banned
Maybe when Vince says he listens to the WWE Universe, he means whatever shitty algorithm it is that books WWE Universe Mode in the games. I always found myself complaining about the way it works and then realizing that it books the same way as they do on TV.
I think you've cracked the code.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
WWE doesn't even advertise when Brock is on TV.

That was apparently a bargaining tactic for them to get Brock to re-sign sooner. Like Brock really cared whether he got advertised or not as long as he got paid.

But ratings dropped in third hour last night. People knew he would be on.

Well, that's the assignment ahead for their crack team of twenty or so writers!

The inevitable feud with Big Show will be just the ticket!

Top Bottom