• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

What exactly is the argument against Brock? Dude is the biggest heel in the company and can wrestle his ass off. Him being around also guarantees lots of Paul Heyman which is also great.

He sweats too much
He wants too much
He's never around
I don't like him
He's a homophobic fuck
Seeing a guy walk away from Vince twice would be hilarious
Seeing him get his ass kicked in UFC was hilarious, let's do it again

What exactly is the argument against Brock? Dude is the biggest heel in the company and can wrestle his ass off. Him being around also guarantees lots of Paul Heyman which is also great.

SOME people have a problem with his limited appearances, unaware that it's perfectly possible to book a show around that.

styl3s

Line in the sand: Do you want Brock to stay or not?

I do
If i had it my way i would keep him champion till NEXT WrestleMania, bump his pay to have him wrestle at every PPV and a few RAWs and have him completely fucking run over everyone until Royal Rumble 2015 NXT super star Kevin Owens debuts as the last guy in the rumble with 5 dudes left in the ring. Reigns, Show, Kane, Bryan and Cena or swap one out for Orton, have Owens completely destroy everyone and cut to the back where Lesnar is watching on a monitor and have him just legit shook.

Owens vs Lesnar for WM next year and have it be 10 times as brutal as the match Brock had with Cena when Brock dominated him for like 20 minutes. I think it was the first encounter they had i don't remember but have the match just stupidly violent and over the top and have Owens barely win clean.

It's a pipe dream, it's stupid but it's the way i would do it. Even without Owens i would still keep Brock champion till next year.

JavyOO7

If WWE creative booked all their champions like a Brock Lesnar... there'd be more balance in the roster. I mean you don't have to make all your champs look like him, where he's an unbeatable monster that needs tons of finishers to put him down, but just where your champs always look strong. And less appearances is always good as well. If you booked Roman Reigns like that once he gets the belt at Wrestlemania then I think that's a good thing. Just have him wrestle house shows where he does singles matches with people not named Kane and Big Show. =p

Kaiterra

Banned
If WWE creative booked all their champions like a Brock Lesnar... there'd be more balance in the roster. I mean you don't have to make all your champs look like him, where he's an unbeatable monster that needs tons of finishers to put him down, but just where your champs always look strong. And less appearances is always good as well. If you booked Roman Reigns like that once he gets the belt at Wrestlemania then I think that's a good thing. Just have him wrestle house shows where he does singles matches with people not named Kane and Big Show. =p

I'd also like to see champions in general booked a bit more like Lesnar. But only if they'd actually put the effort in to the rest of the card to support shows he's not on. Keep the midcard titles strong too so that they can headline a live event without any problems and have compelling storylines that aren't part of the main event and multiple strong challengers who can headline with a #1 contender match.

They suck ass at those things though so maybe going back to normal instead is the right call.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
That's okay. I'd trade off living in the future for living in a place where everything doesn't want to kill me.

Better everything than everyone.

I had to jump over a Brown Snake when I was out jogging last night tbh, them things will kill you alright.

Also those house shows. BO DALLAS!

Banner in the OT is shit, Big E but not #TheFuture Seth Rollins?

Anth0ny

The thing is... WWE creative isn't booking shit when it comes to Brock. That's why he's so great. They can't fuck him up because he rarely appears on the show. Rest assured if Brock was a full timer they would have fucked him up so bad by now. The Lesnar "final boss" persona succeeds in spite of WWE creative, not because of it.

I absolutely want him back. stay in WWE and get paid to stand around while Heyman talks once a month, you fuck.

Kaiterra

Banned
Maybe Big E is being featured because he's gonna win the Battle Royal.

That'd be cool.

The thing is... WWE creative isn't booking shit when it comes to Brock. That's why he's so great. They can't fuck him up because he rarely appears on the show. Rest assured if Brock was a full timer they would have fucked him up so bad by now.

Hell, they already came damn close at Night of Champions.

B-9L_wnXIAA0-js.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member

By the way this is how WWE champions were booked by and large before the In Your House expansion. Hogan only showed up rarely on television events and it was special.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ric Flair has as far as I'm concerned the best post match interview of all time after the 1992 Royal Rumble.

Alucard

Banned
I'll post more detailed impressions later, but everyone got please come back chants, Bailey being the one most over. It helped that he was going up against biff, so the crowd was more easily split.

Beaver boys and monster Mafia had to play heels against best friends and the young bucks respectively so it was hard to get a read on the crowd, monster Mafia being more over from the start. Jon silver got some good attention mostly because he's small but comes off really well. Like what if grizzly redwood didn't suck. I really like monster mafia's double team moves

Chris Hero pic goes up later. His gut is mesmerizing

Hey tm, do you have any lucha or PWG stuff you'd like to see in the OP?

somedevil

If the backstage friction last Monday had anything to do with Vince trying to screw over Brock's contract, current or potential future, I hope he gets the fuck out of this carny bullshit.

It was not over his current contract. He got upset and left over something when him and Vince were negotiating a new contract. He still has 4 dates left on his current one.

If they get over this impasse he is staying.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, Punk slut-shaming Missy Hyatt. Fuck that shit.

Alucard

Banned
If anyone has suggestions for pro wrestling podcasts they'd like to see mentioned in the OP, please let me know.

I'll also be updating the OP fairly regularly with anything cool that gets pointed out, or other funny random stuff related to wrestling.

To start, I've included Data West's joshi match suggestions in the updates section at the bottom of the OP.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, the Lucha thing is coming later today since I thought the op was going up later today but than the swift thing happened

Understandable. I'll be out all of tonight, but will have time to edit tomorrow. Feel free to add some images too.

Zach

Why the h did Hogan single-handedly beat the Twin Towers at this SNME where the Mega Powers are exploding??

Zach

It's an important part of the build up between him and Macho Man.

Yeah, everything's great, but why did he have to win after Macho walked out? Wouldn't it have been more effective if the Twin Towers prevailed? Or at worst, the end result would've been about the same, but the Twin Towers would've reasonably won because of their 2-on-1 advantage. The Mega Powers things was going to be white-hot regardless, so why did they feel the need to job out the supposedly dominant Twin Towers? Or does this lead to something significant with the Twin Towers? I guess I'll find out soon.

I had a random flashback to LDW's Wrestling Channel days, and 1PW dvds of these two charver/townie characters but I can't remember their names. They were funny as hell though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hogan does not job...except against Piper in WCW.

His big thing in WWF was to get beat the fuck down in post match segments.

Top Bottom