• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Gonna play now. Am I the only one who finds it weird that we can play it now for free and in some weeks we need to pay? Isnt that confusing to customers who don't read Neogaf etc. Maybe because the negativity from the paying online would be harsh when launching alongside MK8?

Played some on the Wiiu but never the DLC. Really hyped!

Draper

Gonna play now. Am I the only one who finds it weird that we can play it now for free and in some weeks we need to pay? Isnt that confusing to customers who don't read Neogaf etc. Maybe because the negativity from the paying online would be harsh when launching alongside MK8?

Nah, Nintendo just didn't have their shit together, so instead they're spinning it like a bonus incentive for being an early adopter.

Either way, I'm in.

I've got my best mate coming over 2moro with some beers and we gon smash Mario Kart 8 all evening!

This is why I'll always support Nintendo local coop

Cannot wait for 2moro!

I'm in the same boat

I wonder if I should just go digital if it hasn't shipped by tomorrow.

You have the same order status as the picture I posted? Hopefully they'll get it taken care of and it's a just a mix up in their system. Possibly the Friday release that is causing them issues as I had the same problem with the Switch launch.

Its been a while since i last played mk 8, but man i forgot what shit the rng can be...about to finish a place first, one blue shell and two red later im down to 6th...literally inches away from the finish line

Ninja Dom

If I buy a digital code from GameStop... how does that work? Will they email it right away or does it need to be delivered

I ordered digital too (from another retailer) and they used the term "delivered" but I'm not expecting them to send out a code in the mail/post. I'm expecting an email with the code.

I'm so excited for this and I don't know why...cos I played around 50 hours of Mario Kart 8 on Wii U.

Ok.. So the Japanese version Switch's and uses English text if that's what your System set as. I did not know that. I already preordered a Physical version at my local Gamestop so no biggie there. My Question is how do you know what titles on the Japanese eShop has English audio or at the very least English subtitles? I created a Japanese account on my Switch and would love to get any Japanese only game that has English subtitles or dub.

Very happy I mostly skipped out on this for Wii U. I played a fair bit of my friend's, but once announced for Switch I knew I had to wait. Looks like such a complete package; so many characters and stages to choose from, it's nuts. I initially was a bit weary of the $60 price point but this is legit a huge package. Will be very easy to jump in and out of this with friends

Theswweet

Ok.. So the Japanese version Switch's and uses English text if that's what your System set as. I did not know that. I already preordered a Physical version at my local Gamestop so no biggie there. My Question is how do you know what titles on the Japanese eShop has English audio or at the very least English subtitles? I created a Japanese account on my Switch and would love to get any Japanese only game that has English subtitles or dub.

Under 対応言語 it lists supported languages. For MK8D, for instance...
日本語 - Japanese
英語 - English
スペイン語 - Spanish
フランス語 - French
ドイツ語 - German
イタリア語 - Italian

etc.

Playing it since yesterday and it is sooooo good.

On my way to university I got Golden Mario.
Are the mercedes cars still in this version?

ZZMitch

First time playing MK8 so super excited! Haven't got to play Mario Kart since the Wii version.

Mario Kart 64 might be my most played game all time so feels really good to get back into this franchise again

Roo

Playing it since yesterday and it is sooooo good.

On my way to university I got Golden Mario.
Are the mercedes cars still in this version?
Yes, all the Mercedes stuff is still in the game.
Just like any other vehicle part, you'll need to unlock it with coins tho.

Pastry

Banned
I conveniently have tomorrow off, completely unrelated to MK8 releasing, and my girlfriend is going on a day trip all day Saturday. It's going to be a fun weekend!

I haven't played a console Mario Kart since N64 and he last one I played was the DS one I think?

Just got it, Perú is a magical place for games.

Posting impressions soon

18156872_10155224164907346_8979502736791234171_n.jpg

D23

Was about to place an order from Amazon, but im not sure if they are going to do release date delivery! not taking any risk, ill just pick it up from Bestbuy or Target tomorrow!!

so hyped

Flintty

Awesome OT. Great work!

I have a £50 Amazon voucher to spend - I was going to claim it on Fire Emblem next month but damn, tempted to double dip.

brinstar

iirc one of the first things the Switch tells you about when you set it up is that the online will be paid later

daffy

Banned
Its been a while since i last played mk 8, but man i forgot what shit the rng can be...about to finish a place first, one blue shell and two red later im down to 6th...literally inches away from the finish line
how did you forget? its literally the shittiest thing about the game

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I'm really leaning of buying this game on the eShop over acquiring a physical copy... I'm just not 100% certain yet.

Argh.

Man, I'm still on the fence about going digital or physical.

I don't ever sell my systems or games, so I don't care about losing the opportunity to resell, but I do love me my physical games, especially Nintendo titles, not only that, it's cheaper. BUT if I do go physical, I know I'm not going to play it as much as I would if it were digital (looking at you Binding of Isaac).

What a first world problem to have -_-;
I'm in the same spot. I LOVE the Mario Kart series and I know digital is a no brainer, but I'm getting it for $30 (GCU and Visa checkout + certificate). I'm broke as shit, so those $30 that I'm saving is kinda a lot right now. If I'm lucky I can sell my copy for most of my money back and then just get a digital copy when I get the chance later.

DKL

I'm really leaning of buying this game on the eShop over acquiring a physical copy... I'm just not 100% certain yet.

Argh.

You save $10 and the only reward from getting a physical edition seems to be a key chain not many people are too into...

You can't resell the game, I guess, but why would anyone do that with this game :v

Vic

You save $10 and the only reward from getting a physical edition seems to be a key chain not many people are too into...

You can't resell the game, I guess, but why would anyone do that with this game :v
Indeed :\

Edit:
Wrong thread? This is Mario Kart, not Puyo Puyo Tetris.
Yeah, should cost the same whether its the eShop or physical version. I did bought the physical version of Puyo Puyo Tetris and it was $15 CAD more expensive than on the eShop!

Theswweet

Wrong thread? This is Mario Kart, not Puyo Puyo Tetris.

dolabla

Really wish GameStop was doing a midnight launch for this :(. Although the guy did tell me they're opening early tomorrow.

Argh.

same. But having the game always on the system could be very neat on switch. It's very expensive though...

edit ; my supermarket sells the game at 43€. eshop is 60€....

Vic

Go digital y'all

Faster loading times, don't have to change the cartridge to play a couple rounds etc

same. But having the game always on the system could be very neat on switch. It's very expensive though...
I'm a dirt poor student, so the ability to resale the game if needed has some weight. But I do want the convenience of having the game installed in my Switch.

Decisions, decisions...

Top Bottom