• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Fuck yes. Amazon Japan order went through. Why the flip didn't I bring my Switch to work today?!

Waji

Nice OT.
But I'm sad to not see any love for the "joy-cons in each hand" play.
Much better than grip, to me.

probably been asked a thousand times, but can you move digital games between sd cards?
I think you can transfer them between SD cards using a computer. Not 100% sure tho.
I'm a dirt poor student, so the ability to resale the game if needed has some weight. But I do want the convenience of having the game installed in my Switch.

Decisions, decisions...
Hmm... which country are you in?

Under 対応言語 it lists supported languages. For MK8D, for instance...
日本語 - Japanese
英語 - English
スペイン語 - Spanish
フランス語 - French
ドイツ語 - German
イタリア語 - Italian

etc.

Thanks. So every game I'm looking at I just need to look for those 2 Japanese characters and if it has it the game supports some form of English.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Nice OT.
But I'm sad to not see any love for the "joy-cons in each hand" play.
Much better than grip, to me.

you can. the joy-cons don't know if they are actually in a grip or not I believe. when you are ordering stuff, you just hit L/R instead of SL/SR

So my son is having friends over tomorrow. They want to play mario kart. They can't run 3 pro controllers and the 2 joycons in the grip? The last man out has to use one joy con?

As far as I know, yes. This is pretty dumb, anyone have any video proof of it being this way? If it is true, I really hope a patch comes quick.

I'll be ready to get back into it once I get a Switch.

That change to online is pretty weird though. Does it just randomly choose between the 3 engine classes before each race, or do you get placed into a specific room? It seems a bit jarring to have to switch (heh) play styles between races.

It's not a huge deal since racing in GAF/private rooms is better anyway. Though I wonder how active they'll be by the time I get around to playing this.

Youngfossil

Neo Member
:(

4Cdfir1.png

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
How long did it take to get past verification?

Roughly 3 hours.

Congrats

I'm so unlucky hahaha

I'm so sorry. I noticed before I submitted that I screwed up my billing address and it still went through. Some people have kicked around the idea of buying an eShop card from PlayAsia so that might be worth a shot.

Ninja Dom

I just realised - and I'm sure it's been discussed before, but how do you feel about not being able to see what items other opponents are holding?

On the Gamepad for the Wii U version you could list all the racers and it would show what item they were holding.

Also, do we still have the horn?

5b54a610_DDsftak.jpeg

Got some extra money today that I wasn't expecting so looks like I'll be able to pick this up tomorrow (hopefully) instead of waiting a few weeks

This will grow my Switch game collection to an astounding 2 (this and Zelda...lol)

I'm hoping to add some of the old crew from Wii U kart gaf :) Also anyone else is certainly welcome as well.

FC: 5831-8153-2523

Can't wait for tonight, this game looks great all over again :)

I just realised - and I'm sure it's been discussed before, but how do you feel about not being able to see what items other opponents are holding?

On the Gamepad for the Wii U version you could list all the racers and it would show what item they were holding.

5b54a610_DDsftak.jpeg

I'll miss the youtube upload feature more but there was no real way to bring the item display over without cluttering the main screen. I used it way more on the DS and thats mainly because the screens are so close together. The horn is mapped to tle L/ZL button, the same as WiiU

I'll add my Friend Code in here once I actually have the game...I remember having fun playing GAF members on the Wii U version (and losing badly...lol)

img_40776ckln.jpg

well seems like I played against that gameXplain guy!
And you can't upload screenshots on twitter/facebook if the game hasn't released officially.
That's why I had to take a picture with my phone

I assume KB is always heavy in Mario Kart because he's a fairly large character.

But weights in MK sometimes don't really make any sense, like Waluigi being a heavy in MKWii.

JustenP88

img_40776ckln.jpg

well seems like I played against that gameXplain guy!
And you can't upload screenshots on twitter/facebook if the game hasn't released officially.
That's why I had to take a picture with my phone

Damn, he's good.

dolabla

5b54a610_DDsftak.jpeg

I didn't even know that was a thing until I watched a video earlier and the guy was talking about it (along with other differences between the two versions). I never used the gamepad when I played on the Wii U, it was always pro controllers.

I actually prefer not to know what my opponent has and leave it a mystery.

I never played any of the DLC for the Wii U version so a large part of this game will be new to me...I'll also enjoy being able to use Dry Bones

Leatherface

As someone who already played the ever living shit out if the WiiU version, all I can say is HYPE!!

Can not wait for that proper battle mode!!! Woo!!

AdanVC

I wonder if MK8 originally was going to have proper battle mode included but once they saw how badly the Wii U was doing and that it'll probably never pick up, they decided to take those features for a future port on the NX. Because really, there's no other proper reason as to why they did that on the original MK8 with battle mode.

Managed to download it from the JP E-shop and man... I missed this game. It looks absolutely phenomenal on the Switch, and plays as smooth as butter. Can't wait to play against GAF-folk soon!

Duderz

Banned
Does anyone know if you still go around the track only
once on Rainbow Road N64? Hated that change for MK8 and hoping they dropped it here.

AGoodODST

I wonder if MK8 originally was going to have proper battle mode included but once they saw how badly the Wii U was doing and that it'll probably never pick up, they decided to take those features for a future port on the NX. Because really, there's no other proper reason as to why they did that on the original MK8 with battle mode.

There is 0% chance that was the reason and 100% chance it was because the game was rushed to get it out the door

Top Bottom