• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

b/c Nintendo fans don't ask for much

they're okay with these simple ass experiences

A "simple ass experience" is bad...? I mean, my incentive to play online is to... play. I don't need a reward for everything I do.

Do other players hear the horn when someone beeps it online?

Nope

They did in 7. The way you unlocked the gold kart in that game was to reach 10,000 VR.

Yeah and it sucked. The current system is better since you can get it by playing offline too

Theswweet

Guys. You can change the account region to your home region online... if you're worried about getting a new Switch, you can just do that.

tiijj

Not quite like those platforms. On those you can deactivate through a website, no need to have your console on hand. With the Switch, if your console is stolen or breaks down the only way to get your purchases back is to call Nintendo so they can deactivate them from that console. Very similar to 3DS/Wii U in this scenario. Also why I would not recommend buying a console from outside of your home region.

Hopefully when Nintendo launches the whole paid online thing, they'll be able to sort this thing out. Like being able to deactivate your primary hardware through whatever app they are going to release which should be the same app that they wanna release their voice chat or the parental control app that they have right now.

Why specifically other regions? It isn't any different from the region you're on

Could be the price. You can get MK8D for ¥5,812 (from amazon jp) which is around CAD$71-72 for everything. Normally it retails for $79.99+tax (~$90.38 in Toronto), the JP one's almost $20 cheaper.

Guys. You can change the account region to your home region online... if you're worried about getting a new Switch, you can just do that.

I don't think that would solve it, you'd still have made the purchase on a different eShop than your region.

Then again, when my Wii U broke they restored both my NA account AND my Canadian account, so who knows

Okay, tried over twenty times now with the codes to all tournaments from the OP - none work. I can create and join other tournaments fine. What am I doing wrong??

Edit. Just says "Unable to find a tournament with the number you entered" to all of them, every time.

Theswweet

I don't think that would solve it, you'd still have made the purchase on a different eShop than your region

That doesn't matter, the purchase is still tied to your account. If the question is about whether or not you can recover that purchase when you get a new Switch, all you'd need to do is change the region, call up support, then change it back.

Putosaure

Unlocking parts by playing online is terrible. Managed to grab 200 coins last night, and now everything unlocks one part at a time.

"You collected 40 coins ! New part available" prompt. Go check new part. Go back.
"You collected 70 coins ! New part available" prompt. Go check new part. Go back.
"You collected 100 coins ! New part available" prompt. Go check new part. Go back.

Unlocking parts by playing online is terrible. Managed to grab 200 coins last night, and now everything unlocks one part at a time.

"You collected 40 coins ! New part available" prompt. Go check new part. Go back.
"You collected 70 coins ! New part available" prompt. Go check new part. Go back.
"You collected 100 coins ! New part available" prompt. Go check new part. Go back.

Yeah I'm surprised they didn't adress this in Deluxe...

Veldin

Yeah, the GAF tournaments are broke as fuck for me now. Can't connect to anything but an empty room. I dunno what happened because I was able to connect to them earlier today.

gaf room is always empty when I join :/

Same here, I just got in after dozens of times. Now empty!

Yeah, the GAF tournaments are broke as fuck for me now. Can't connect to anything but an empty room. I dunno what happened because I was able to connect to them earlier today.

Might not be the case here, but when a room is full any extra people joining are sent to a second room and so on

I started the game last night. Even though I have played 115 hours of Zelda and the majority of that has been on handheld mode, the graphics have absolutely floored me with this game. I can't believe I'm playing a game that looks this good on a handheld. Massive props to Nintendo .

ryushe

That doesn't matter, the purchase is still tied to your account. If the question is about whether or not you can recover that purchase when you get a new Switch, all you'd need to do is change the region, call up support, then change it back.
Hope I'm never in this position, but this is good to know. Thanks.

Zampano

Holy fuck this is a dangerous game to play in portable mode. The rage is real when you go from 1st to 6th on the last straight from a blue, two reds and a green. Nearly threw it across the room.

Holy fuck this is a dangerous game to play in portable mode. The rage is real when you go from 1st to 6th on the last straight from a blue, two reds and a green. Nearly threw it across the room.

Oh no.

It didn't dawn on me, but we're going to see a lot of pictures of broken Switches very very soon...

MouldyK

I just can't get 4 wins on 150cc haha.

Every time a Shell or something comes out of nowhere!

I love it!

EDIT: Actually, I think Tilt Controls are ruining me...but I love them too much to quit. :(

Is there a way to control better with Tilt Controls? I use ATVs, but they seem weird turning this time round.

EDIT 2: Actually, I think Monster Wheels just can't turn good enough for me. Need to try others.

I just can't get 4 wins on 150cc haha.

Every time a Shell or something comes out of nowhere!

I love it!

EDIT: Actually, I think Tilt Controls are ruining me...but I love them too much to quit. :(

Is there a way to control better with Tilt Controls? I use ATVs, but they seem weird turning this time round.

EDIT 2: Actually, I think Monster Wheels just can't turn good enough for me. Need to try others.

Have you paused to see if Smart Steering is on? I thought my controls were broken, then I realized that it seemed to be on by default (or I accidentally enabled it in kart customize). Try checking that, and if it's on, turn it off.

Neiteio

Some screens I took. Check out how nice and shiny Boo looks when wet! Also note the sand on the wheels in the first pic. :-O

2017042820035100-1685x1uk6.jpg

2017042820042000-1685fiuuz.jpg

2017042822133600-1685vvu1y.jpg

2017042822141800-1685pjugx.jpg

2017042822152100-16858tue1.jpg

2017042822203500-1685hfucm.jpg

2017042822495600-1685utu3e.jpg

2017042822493000-168559udj.jpg

taoofjord

Keep getting communication errors when joining an online game. Haven't been able to get into one yet :( I tried changing the DNS to 008.008.008.008 but that didn't fix it. Any ideas?

Edit: NM, switching off my 5GHZ connection fixed it.

LaNaranja

Played a bit today. I'm kinda really bummed I have to unlock everything again. I wish there was a way to transfer my save from the Wii U and let me start with all my golden stuff. Getting 10,000 coins again is gonna take forever. :/

Turned on my Switch last night for a Zelda session, and as always I checked my friends list. 8 friends online, all 8 playing Mario Kart! Must be selling like hot cakes! Also was the first time since launch I checked my friends and nobody was playing Zelda!

Charamiwa

Banned
Getting 3 stars in 200cc GP is devilish. I spent 2 hours getting destroyed in Shy Guy Falls.

Good thing is it forces you to learn and master the track, which is good practice for online later.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
So what is 200cc supposed to actually do because it feels like it just fucks up the controls in an unbelievably annoying way.

You have to practice using the brakes while drifting. Once you get the hang of it it makes 200cc much easier.

A good track to practice on is Mario Circuit from the Shell Cup.

Top Bottom