• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Avengers |OT| (Dir. Joss Whedon) [Spoilers unmarked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

noah111

Still Alive
Yay, unmarked spoilers.
IuAHA.gif

ReiGun

Forget Thanos and Hulk. Can a brother get a gif of Iron Man bouncing his repulsors off Cap's shield?

In fact, get me gifs off all the cool Captain America moments.

Let's look at what I said:

Yes, bad can come from this. Joss could write it. Joss could cast Summer Glau in it. Those are two terrible things that can happen to the film.

As a director on the project, I am not excited but I am not totally against it. If he was writing and directing it, I would run for the hills.

I am glad to see I am in a group that is not as small as I first predicted. (The Anti-Whedonites).

Although, I have been saying for quite some time now that Jensen Ackles should play Hawkeye. He definitely has the cocky, horny asshole thing down pat. And I love it.

He is still better and more talented than Joss Whedon.

I am curious to see Whedon direct with a budget though. But again, as long as he has no hand in the writing of the film.

I want all dialogue by Whedon excised. His story ideas and characters are cool, I will give him that, but once they speak in their cool hip dialogue and references all the time, I just want to stab my ears with an icepick. I know he loves the medium and has written for them, but that doesn't change the fact that he is overrated.

Whedon toned down the Whedon-ness of it. That or having actors that can actually deliver it and make it work made the world of difference. There were definite parts that screamed Whedon-ness, especially evident during a second viewing.

In another thread I posted how I was not thrilled with Whedon making it but at the same time he seemed perfect for the job because he was a comic nerd and would want to give us comic nerd moments without too much stylistic spin on it.

Damn, was I wrong on a lot of it. I am still not a fan of much of Whedon's work (and he is still overrated), but I honestly never thought he would deliver 11 out of 10 with this movie.

Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse, and especially Firefly are overrated. But fuck, did Whedon bring the goods on Avengers. I just pray that he does not fall back into his regular style for the sequel. Keep it toned down enough for everyone else but just enough in there to remind the Whedonites that he made it.

It would be the best gif.

Cap fan represent here (Best Avenger), but the best gif would be a gif of that one long take that went between all the Avengers fucking everything up. Starting with Iron Man bouncing the repulser off of Cap's shield and ending with Hulk smashing Thor.

Thanos. Pretty much Marvel's Darkseid.

People who don't know who Thanos is aren't going to know who Darkseid is either, so that answer doesn't really help clear up matters.

It's like if someone from the 17th century asked what an airplane was, and you responded with "it's like a jet."

People who don't know who Thanos is aren't going to know who Darkseid is either, so that answer doesn't really help clear up matters.

It's like if someone from the 17th century asked what an airplane was, and you responded with "it's like a jet."

While I do not agree with much of anything you post on here, the post of yours I quoted is a spot on response. Perfect.

Moaradin

Kinda hard to explain who Thanos is, other than he's a big bad guy who is literally obsessed with death lol.

YES!

Ruffalo's line, the transformation, the punch.

It was so perfect.

DAT PUNCH!

When I saw the trailers, I said to my friends that I wanted Hulk to take that big serpent thing down. Just to show that you do NOT fuck with Hulk.

My body was not ready for the single punch takedown.
PERFECTION.gif

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How the fuck are there HD quality scenes being ripped into .gif form

Don't tell me there's a Wolverine release like thing with the Avengers sans Arrrrrrrr!

DA FAK!?!

Z9e8Ul.jpg

DAT POSE!.... it's baaaaaaaaack!

Alx

tumblr_m39vnb76lp1r03eggo2_250.gif

That helmet is so ridiculous, especially the way it makes his cheeks and chin look chubby... They should have kept the original head piece, that looked more functional and less part of a Halloween costume :

3phemeral

Yass! Single-punch Hulk was bad assery. Totally what should happen and I was so glad it did. I didn't get any sense they were illogically limiting their abilities because they couldn't figure out a way to properly use it. Hate with a passion when they weaken/dumb down characters for the plot to move forward.

And where are people getting these HQ gifs?

Moaradin

That helmet is so ridiculous, especially the way it makes his cheeks and chin look chubby... They should have kept the original head piece, that looked more functional and less part of a Halloween costume :

Yea the costume for the Captain America movie was so good. Agent Coulson sucks at designing armor.

Log4Girlz

The original movie's suit is just pretty awesome IMO, they should have left it in.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The original movie's suit is just pretty awesome IMO, they should have left it in.

I think that Blue looks way over saturated

In Cap movie, it blended well, toned down, he stands out a little too much in present Cap Blue

Log4Girlz

So guys, best comic book movie ever right? I like The Dark Knight and whatnot, but Batman is just a hero, doesn't seem very super. I say 180 mil OW and 650 mil US run.

Nelo Ice

Banned
God damn what a movie! So hyped after watching though I still need to see Thor =(, guess I'll watch it when Netflix has it on instant next month. Also that post credit scene would have been so epic if some of my friends on facebook didn't fucking spoil it. One friend posted Thanooos and my cousin was like who was the red guy at the end and someone commented it was Thanos.

Log4Girlz

God damn what a movie! So hyped after watching though I still need to see Thor =(, guess I'll watch it when Netflix has it on instant next month. Also that post credit scene would have been so epic if some of my friends on facebook didn't fucking spoil it. One friend posted Thanooos and my cousin was like who was the red guy at the end and someone commented it was Thanos.

Time for new friends.

antonz

So guys, best comic book movie ever right? I like The Dark Knight and whatnot, but Batman is just a hero, doesn't seem very super. I say 180 mil OW and 650 mil US run.

I am really curious how it will do. It will likely come close to if not pass 500 million worldwide today. Its got many weeks left in it in the US and Rest of world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom