• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Avengers |OT| (Dir. Joss Whedon) [Spoilers unmarked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

- J - D -

superheroesjohanssonban.jpg

Come on, Cap should be front and center. Stupid marketing (or smart marketing).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't suppose Thor goes berserker in this movie? Spoil me if you've seen it.

I'm guessing no as it'd steal the Hulk's limelight a little bit. :p

Askani

/vaderno.gif

Someone offered me a free pass to check out the screening tonight...and I had to turn it down because I can't find a sitter.

Well, wait...

They'd probably be okay in the car in the shade for a few hours right? Just throw them a box of Cheez-its and some drinks? Yeah...yeah this could work...

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see it with the masses later. :(

Mr. Sam

Is there any news of Edgar Wright's Ant-Man movie? It's such an absurd idea that I just can't help but look forward to it, if it is indeed still getting made.

Black Widow's pose. :lol

If only Cap looked that awesome in the movie.

The problem with Cap's costume isn't the helmet itself. It's the fact that it's slightly a different shade of blue and stands out as a different material from the rest of his suit. Also, the suit itself doesn't seem very symmetrical, the whole thing is just off.

The problem with Cap's costume isn't the helmet itself. It's the fact that it's slightly a different shade of blue and stands out as a different material from the rest of his suit. Also, the suit itself doesn't seem very symmetrical, the whole thing is just off.

I'm fine with the suit itself, but the helmet just looks so out of place. If it looked more fitted like it does in that promo pic, I'd be really happy with it.

Evans just seems to thin looking in the Avengers suit. The padding and extra bits on the cap movie one made him seem bulkier, while this new costume is just too slimming. Even bulks up, Evans is still to slender and they needed to compensate more with the costume like the Cap movie did. Look at dem thighs in the art!

mrkgoo

That's actually decent. I still do not understand what Black Widow can contribute in that battle.

Black Widow's pose. :lol

If only Cap looked that awesome in the movie.

I'm fine with the suit itself, but the helmet just looks so out of place. If it looked more fitted like it does in that promo pic, I'd be really happy with it.

Evans just seems to thin looking in the Avengers suit. The padding and extra bits on the cap movie one made him seem bulkier, while this new costume is just too slimming. Even bulks up, Evans is still to slender and they needed to compensate more with the costume like the Cap movie did. Look at dem thighs in the art!

I,m just going to say, 'see the movie'. Captain America in motion is way less goofy when you're not sitting there analysing a still frame. And Black Widow is totally capable of keeping her own.

Spiders

Just got back from the theatre. Wow...Best movie I've seen in a while.
I had really high expectations and it still blew me away. Definitely going to see it again.

Cartman86

Banned
Also, was I the only one who saw the film with a rather strange aspect ratio? It's like the film wasn't widescreen enough. Maybe it was just the projectionist but I felt like watching a TV cropped copy of the film or something.

It could be because the film was shot in 1.85:1 which is closer to the 16:9 ratio of television sets. Here's a quote from the cinematographer on why.

"Shooting 1.85:1 is kind of unusual for an epic film like this, but we needed the height in the screen to be able to frame in all the characters like Hulk, Captain America and Black Widow, who is much smaller. We had to give them all precedence and width within the frame. Also, Joss [Whedon] knew the final battle sequence was going to be this extravaganza in Manhattan, so the height and vertical scale of the buildings was going to be really important."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom