• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Defenders *SPOILER THREAD* |OT| Super Friends - August 18th on Netflix

Saw it, pretty good. Better than Jessica Jones for sure. Not as good as DD s1 or s2. I think maybe 7.8/10 overall. The Hand are such a boring bunch of jobbers, I can't care for them. DD always did a poor job of making me not care about them, and this followed through here. I liked Elektra and Weaver is an amazing actress (haven't seen her in a while, please act in some big well written movies). Chemistry was pretty good, and they worked well with one another esp JJ and DD.

Marvel still can't write villains for shit. What would even happen if the Hand gets what they want, the city goes down and they are able to live for a few more centuries? Ehh something like that :\

It was hilarious how a 130 year old Stick got away from the warehouse just by cutting his hand lmao.. One thing that was annoying was Ironfist using his fist at the end to unlock the door because he was mad. What the fuck was that shit? He even says he knows what she's trying to do like 5 seconds before he does it lol

Because he's The Immortal Iron Fist, the living weapon, protector of Kun Lun, the sworn enemy of the hand

damn, he sounds perfect for Daenerys Targaryen

AndersK

this was ok. Pacing was brisk-ish and episode 3, 4 and 5 were standouts to me. I know its likely budget issues, but the restuarant episode worked really well for me despite the low key location.

Fights scenes were fairly inconsistent, sadly. Some pretty cool stuff sprinkled in from time to time but a lot of ehhh stuff too. I guess i expected this to be for the TVU what Avengers 1 was for the MCU (obviously scaled back significantly) but the few moments there were lacked some oomph.

Banter and chemistry between the various ensembles worked pretty well, and i wouldnt mind to see them crossover again. The fingers of the hand were decent too. Felt like a team of villans which is fine with me. Japanese dude had a nice presence, Gao is usually good and Bakuto’s actor is amusing when he is doing the mad sensei sthtick. Alexandra ate a lot and got fucked, so, uh, okay. Thought she would be...more?

Stick remains a Dick. But in a good way. The actor oozes B-film shlock and i fucking love it. Elodie Yung does great with what she has to work with too.

Overall I rate it Ward Meachum/Wilson Fisk.

Good. Decent. Could have been much more.

Top Bottom