• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Defenders *SPOILER THREAD* |OT| Super Friends - August 18th on Netflix

devilhawk

As others have said, it may be as simple as it's easy to use a stunt guy in a DD mask while it's harder to film for the other characters.

LotusHD

Banned
What will always piss me off the most about IF is how they literally had a cameo for a previous Iron Fist, in his costume kicking ass.

As others have said, it may be as simple as it's easy to use a stunt guy in a DD mask while it's harder to film for the other characters.

I'm sure that's true, but I also feel like with some of the shaky cam and choppy editing in this show they could have stunt doubles in basically every shot and we wouldn't know the difference. Half the time I can barely make out which character I'm looking at, let alone the actor's face :p

caliph95

What will always piss me off the most about IF is how they literally had a cameo for a previous Iron Fist, in his costume kicking ass.
With both fists

I also remember an interview where he can't think of a reason for him to wear a mask even though Iron Fist can just have a uniform or be a vigilante by night

I'm sure that's true, but I also feel like with some of the shaky cam and choppy editing in this show they could have stunt doubles in basically every shot and we wouldn't know the difference. Half the time I can barely make out which character I'm looking at, let alone the actor's face :p

Personally this is my least favorite fight scene technique and I think it would have been worse for it.

I'd really hope that the actors would be trained to perform the fight scenes, with stunt actors for when a scene was too difficult or dangerous.

aly

With both fists

I also remember an interview where he can't think of a reason for him to wear a mask even though Iron Fist can just have a uniform or be a vigilante by night

That's so stupid. Maybe IF is just too much of a comic book character for grounded Netflix. They took all his support cast away to give to other characters and won't give him a mask.

- J - D -

Ah. I don't read the comics - is his tattoo public knowledge?

My memory could be wrong but I think at some point post-Civil War a connection is made between Danny Rand and Iron Fist. Anyway, Danny's tattoo in the show(s) is often peeking out of his outfit even when he's not doing anything superheroic. It annoys me.

Also I find it funny that they've now completely dropped the pretense of trying to hide his identity, when they actually made some (slight) attempts to do it early on in his own show.

fist_trailer-832x447.jpg

My memory could be wrong but I think at some point post-Civil War a connection is made between Danny Rand and Iron Fist. Anyway, Danny's tattoo in the show(s) is often peeking out of his outfit even when he's not doing anything superheroic. It annoys me.

Also I find it funny that they've now completely dropped the pretense of trying to hide his identity, when they actually made some (slight) attempts to do it early on in his own show.

fist_trailer-832x447.jpg

LOL. Scott Buck!

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Well, that was dull. At one point, I hoped Tony Stark would show up, just to jazz things up a bit.

At least it was marginally better than iron fist, I have little hope our hype for Punisher at this point.

Shredderi

Man, watching DareDevil Season 1 again since the first time I watched it when it aired, it really is on another level compared to the other marvel netflix shows (and DD season 2 itself). It was actually surprising how much better this is. I kind of forgot it after watching all the other shows. That fight at the end of episode 2.

Mr. Sam

It transpires that Finn Jones went to the same school as me. I'm glad that people enjoyed his performance so much.

Two things that really bothered me:

In episode... two (I think) Jessica follows Matt down an alleyway, about ten feet away, without Matt noticing the one other person in the alley with him before scaling a building. In the next scene the two share, Matt hears a silenced gun go off at the top of a skyscraper from the bottom.

In episode seven, Luke, Jessica and Matt all wake up at the police station. Supposedly, the police found all three out cold next to a bloody corpse and, instead of taking them to hospital, assumed it was best to take them to the police station. Luke is unbreakable, and maybe they know that, and maybe Misty knows Jessica has superpowers so it's no big deal if she's out cold... but everybody thinks Matt is just a guy. They took Matt's shirt from his unconscious body - and replaced it. Jessica wakes up handcuffed to a table in an interrogation room. What the fuck?

The Hobo

If Danny hadn't left Kun Lun and come to New York, the Hand would have been screwed. They would have found that wall and be unable to open it. They really lucked out that Danny chose to return to NY.

kiguel182

The last two episodes were dreadful. Messy plot, bad production and, despite a couple good moments, boring.

The middle of the show was okay, it showed promise but it didn’t deliver.

Danny Rand is impossible to take seriously.

Jessica and Luke are awesome but are given very little to work with.

I don’t get why this looks so cheap and uninspired.

It’s bad.

It was all "ok". It just felt like the stakes were never that high. Yeah, NY will fall etc, but it never felt that way.

Either be "street level" crime fighting or have things really go off the rails in the city. This in between approach fell flat.

cLOUDo

Finished today

For a show that was hyping for years, the show is mediocre.

Specially the finale episode, that was stupid as hell

A bomb? Seriously?
The CGI in the elevator was really bad, lmao
The rap song in the final fight, lol
Daredevil was rescued for a group of nuns? Seriously? I mean... Seriously?

The good
Daredevil
Luke cage
A less annoying Jessica Jones

The bad
An stupid iron fist
An annoying stick (more than usual)
An annoying misty (more than usual)
The Hand as an organization was real lame, no menacing or powerful at all

graffix13

Just finished Episode 4 tonight and I hate Jessica Jones more each episode. Not sure if I can finish this with her annoying attitude. Terrible.

Bog

Junior Ace
If they need the substance to come back to life, how did Harold Meachum just suddenly wake up from under water after his son murdered him? No substance, no help.

Makonero

If they need the substance to come back to life, how did Harold Meachum just suddenly wake up from under water after his son murdered him? No substance, no help.
How did Bakuto come back?

it doesn't make sense. Just pretend Iron Fist didn't happen and we're all good.

DeathyBoy

Banned
If Danny hadn't left Kun Lun and come to New York, the Hand would have been screwed. They would have found that wall and be unable to open it. They really lucked out that Danny chose to return to NY.

No, see, it makes sense.

They knew Danny would go back to Kun Pow. So they sent The Hand to Kun Lao to kill everyone. Then when Danny went back to Kon El, he'd have to go back to New York.

Course if The Hand knew where Luke Cage was, I don't know why they needed to find the bones of Spiro The Dragon...

Zzoram

Was the Nobu actor unavailable or something? His boss turned out to be a chump and Nobu would've been a more credible threat who we already knew.

Fight scenes were... mostly meh unfortunately. Power levels were all over the place. What happened to the ninjas? The minions in this were just in regular clothes, much less threatening.

Watchable but kinda disappointing.

Zzoram

Middle part was the best. They needed better villains. 8 episodes turned out to be a blessing, this show couldn't handle 5 more hours of filler.

I'm glad they didn't sideline Colleen through the whole thing, she's almost equal to Danny in fighting without the fist, but he barely uses that anyway so she's on par.

Also, when Colleen was slashed and they were all concerned about her, I thought for sure Danny would fist heal her but I guess he couldn't afford any fist down time at that point.

I like how everyone still acknowledges that Danny is stupid.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I have no idea how they're going to write him out from under a pile of skyscraper, but the Maggie mentioned in the last scene is Murdock's mom.

I'm going to go with the theory that Elektra dragged him out and dumped him on the nuns doorstep so they could look after him before she ended up hightailing it out of NY.

You know I KNEW it was gonna happen but Elektra icing Alexandra was a pretty big twist on everything

I like that it was because she said to kill Matt too

Edit: If I didn't know Misty from Luke Cage I would freaking hate her character in this because my god it's wet blanket city

LotusHD

Banned
You know I KNEW it was gonna happen but Elektra icing Alexandra was a pretty big twist on everything

I like that it was because she said to kill Matt too

Edit: If I didn't know Misty from Luke Cage I would freaking hate her character in this because my god it's wet blanket city

Yea I dunno why they didn't just let her wild out, say fuck following the rules

Top Bottom