• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Custom Boxart Covers

Darksol

Just bought a PS4 copy. Appears I'm only a few hours south from you. Awesome project!

EDIT: Sent you $3.50 because I'm blind as a bat and read that wrong. Just sent you a second payment with the difference :p

Just ordered 4!

1 to hand out to a buddy, 1 to use as a poster, 1 to replace the cover of my XB1 CE and 1 to replace the PS4 copy I'm buying next year lol.

But yeah, this is seriously fantastic man!

Gaffi

Went through paypal and got 4 for PS4, going to hand these out to all my friends too. It looks amazing and they all appreciate Kojima's work so it's a win-win. Thank you for putting all the effort into this for everyone's sake. /BigBossSalute

R-User!

Ordered and excited!

Thanks for the time and effort you're putting into this! I'll always have a unique and happy memory associated with this game due to he art and your selfless kindness despite what horrible things are bound to happen in his game!

The Phantom Pleasure looking at that Art on the case!

Great job! This is a really cool thing for the GAF community as well. Someone should link Kojima this thread on Twitter so he can see the community here wanting to support him by having his name on the front of the cover.

Cheers all around everyone.

just ordered one. Was looking into doing it myself just the other day and this actually cost about the same or less than doing it myself would have.

Thanks

Kaz42

So would an amazon.com gift certificate work with amazon.ca? Or does it not matter?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the answer

Femto.

Dumb question, how do I make a payment through paypal?

Send & request > send money to friends and family or Send & request > pay for goods or services?

MisterMac

I just bought a 4 of these! For all the OCD folk you could always cut the spine out of the original MGSV box-art and keep it in there to preserve shelf unity.

That's... an insane response!

I'm swamped with emails and I've been jotting down a lot of the info in excel for the past few hours, ready for labelling and shipping, and confirming the consoles and quantities.

Thanks everyone for being awesome about it. I've send emails to everyone who didn't specify the console or quantity; everyone else who did has been noted down and will definitely recieve it! I'll send emails once they ship.

So far the PS4 is leading the request by a long stretch!

Thanks again for being true heroes, I'm heading to bed! ♡

P.S. If you're sending PM or email, please do mention the PayPal transaction ID so I can identify you quicker. Thanks!!

Fjordson

Just sent a request on PayPal for a PS4 one. This is an incredible thing you're doing breh.

I'm guessing if we're using PayPal we don't need to PM you on here or anything? Posted all the relevant info (quantity, address, etc.) in the PayPal text box on the form for sending payment.

DieH@rd

Banned
Amazing work shagg_187, your FOB base will always be well-defended. :)

So far the PS4 is leading the request by a long stretch!

You are doing a important market research! ZhugeEX is probably trembling, wanting to get your platform breakdown stats. :D

edit - does anyone has clear image of this back-art from official Steelbook
MGSV-TPP-Steelbook-Shinkawa.jpg

EndMerit

Just sent a payment, with little extra for international shipping. Hopefully at the end of the day you'll have few dollars for yourself, you've deserved it!

P.S. If you're sending PM or email, please do mention the PayPal transaction ID so I can identify you quicker. Thanks!!
Well whoops!
Another PM incoming.

Armaly

Do you guys think it'd look good if I took the template, made the background transparent, printed it into a sticker, and attached it to a blank steelbook?

Well, thank you shagg_187 for providing this invaluable service (at cost no less). I've order one PS4 version for myself.

I pretty hype for this. It's going the first time I'll get to play a Metal Gear at launch! I'm frantically trying to play all the Kojima cannon games so I will have the full context for the events of the game, but also trying to take my time and be fair to each game individually as to properly experience each chapter's story and game play .

Emedan

This is fantastic, what a great person you are - Shame it'll probably be all out when my semester starts which is when I get my money! None the less, so nice of you, what an initiative.

Manoko

Payment done !
Can't wait to receive them, they are amazing.

And I'm glad you included the "A Hideo Kojima Game", I'd feel embarassed to have the original box art with this missing.

Top Bottom