• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT| The Man Who Sold The World

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wonderful OT, Dawg

I replaying GZ right now to get familiar with the mechanics and PW fallout again. GZ is a much better package than I originally gave it credit for. Been on a super strict blackout for this game that actually kept my hype in check because I was mostly ignoring it but now that it's almost here and I'm playing GZ, I'm insanly excited. One of my favorite series in gaming.

Duxxy3

Any good deals out there? Have my pre-order in at gamestop, but always looking out for better.

It's strange that my hype level for the game is fairly low. Not that I'm not expecting greatness, but I think because it was first shown so long ago. Not worried. Love the series.

This game is leaps and bounds better than MGS4 and PW. It's up there with PSX and PS2 era Metal Gear, so far. V has come to live up to the hype!

Still unsure what system I want to get this for.
GZ ran fine on my pc, but I'm pretty much on par with the minimum requirements listed on steam and I'm scared my pc might not be able to handle the open worldness.

ShaunBRS

Awesome OT but you should list the platforms somewhere Dawg, a fair few people recently were surprised to find out that the game is even being released on PS3/360 (and PC for that matter).

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
PS3 represent. Beautiful lo-def glory awaits tomorrow at midnight. First game I've really been excited for in a long time

Choomp

Banned
wow I'm hyped. This thread, game, reviews, everything

vTSzXGt.gif

30 hours in so far, have had to stop for the night. Not even close to being done I think. I think I'm starting to branch the beginning of the end, but even then, it's unreal how much there is to this game.

Favourite Metal Gear? Nah, unless the final 10-20 hours provide something utterly mindblowingly shocking from a gameplay perspective, 3 will always hold that spot, but fuck me, this is right up there.

Will say this much, the bosses I've had so far in 5 are so, so, so, so, SO much better than 4's.

It's even harder to distinguish the spoiler thread now if you're not paying attention, I just ended up in there instead of here. Thankfully didn't read much before I realised.

Gurish

Although it's open world (I'm in the group that wanted this game to be linear) I'm still very excited to play the last (good) MGS!!

Thanks for the avatar and the fantastic OP, Dawg.

Beautiful OT mang. I avoided every trailer and even GZ so I can go in as fresh as possible.

All I did was read the story elements of GZ so I'm not lost going in.

Its been super hard, the temptation to watch the red band trailer was strong but I did it! Nervous yet excited. Kojima, bravo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom