• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT| The Man Who Sold The World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to activate the steam download remotely? I'll probably be at work when it happens. Maybe trough the steam app?

If your computer is on at home and logged into steam, you can activate the download remotely through the app or through the browser on your work pc.

Wait, wasn't this a direct sequel to PW?

Yes, that's what I said.

It's a direct sequel to MGS3, and Peace Walker.

realcZk

Is there a way to activate the steam download remotely? I'll probably be at work when it happens. Maybe trough the steam app?

You can launch the install remotely from the steam website if you login and go to your profile, then "my games" or something of the sort. There's an icon to start a remote install.

ekim

Question about R&D and development:

I was checking the weapons/items development trees in game and I noticed a lot of blank spaces (not ? or locked ones) are these empty or are placeholders for blueprints / new tech? I'm only at mission 12 but I feel there's not much content to develop

Yeah - noticed that too. The tree is also very weirdly built. Sometimes it goes to the right and sometimes down. I don't know how many blueprints can be found during missions.

Fardeen

Fellow bros.

When MGSV unlocks on Steam, does Steam being to automagically download the game, or does I needs to activate it somehow? Thinking if I have to install TeamViewer on my computor or not.

i'll do the same thing over teamviewer from work

liquidtmd

Banned
All over the Web in the last seven days I'm hearing people getting the game and all over the Web I'm seeing comments like I'm 40 / 50 / 60 hours in.

Some of you guys are playing 10 hours a day???? Holy fuckballs

ekim

Is it a good idea to tackle any side-ops first before doing main missions?
I don't know why and how certain side-ops unlock but I noticed that higher numbered side-ops sometimes (optionally) need equipment you can't develop yet unless you want to go the frustrating way.

SomTervo

Wait, wasn't this a direct sequel to PW?

It is but I think the point is that MGS3 really sets up the foundation for everything. PW ultimately adds the Cipher stuff and the Mother Base stuff, but The Boss/Naked Snake/Major Zero narrative is the real origin story behind all of it.

wiibomb

All over the Web in the last seven days I'm hearing people getting the game and all over the Web I'm seeing comments like I'm 40 / 50 / 60 hours in.

I think that's low...

when I had Monster Hunter Tri I usually had play sessions of 15 hours.. there is enough hype for this game to do so

Mifec

I plan on playing at least 14 a day, with a 2h gym break somewhere in there.

Lakitu

st5fu
I don't know why and how certain side-ops unlock but I noticed that higher numbered side-ops sometimes (optionally) need equipment you can't develop yet unless you want to go the frustrating way.

Oh thanks, I didn't know that.

SomTervo

I generally do 2-3 side ops at once the instant they come in. If there's only 1 I just leave it.

Side ops are just as important as the main missions, really. They allow you to improve your gear, abilities and Mother Base in phenomenal ways which are super useful for main mission stuff.

If your computer is on at home and logged into steam, you can activate the download remotely through the app or through the browser on your work pc.

Yes, that's what I said.

It's a direct sequel to MGS3, and Peace Walker.

You can launch the install remotely from the steam website if you login and go to your profile, then "my games" or something of the sort. There's an icon to start a remote install.
Thank you guys, will definitely do this

ekim

I played it like 6 to 7 hours yesterday but a quite huge junk of that time was directed to idling at mother base and listening to tapes or just skimming through the iDroid and reading things up.

Since the playtime counter includes time spent in the pause screen, the 105 hours I've logged is really about 85. Whatever the case I've done a couple notable things:

Cleared the 157 Side Ops
Unlocked the Stealth Ninja outfit

Bumhead

Banned

Unless you intend on just powering through the story, I'd recommend keeping well on top of Side Ops as they come in. Not necessarily finishing every single one before progressing with the story, but generally keep on revisiting the Side Ops screen for new missions.

They're infinitely useful for developing new equipment and gear, and expanding Mother Base.

SomTervo

I have some unwarranted fear, that a Day-1 patch tomorrow will fuck up my save. :eek:

Marvel on this page and last page downloaded the new patch and it broke his game. Luckily not his save, though, as far as we know. Look like a few posts up, man.

It's not an unwarranted fear.

dEvAnGeL

Welp it seems the pc version will unlock at 12am eastern time, just did a google search and found konami official release time, I thought it was unlocking today:(

ekim

Marvel on this page and last page downloaded the new patch and it broke his game. Luckily not his save, though, as far as we know. Look like a few posts up, man.

It's not an unwarranted fear.

BRB, copying my savegame to an USB stick or something if that is possible. If a day 1 patch breaks my save, I will disconnect my Xbox from the internet and reinstall the game to play through it.

SomTervo

BRB, copying my savegame to an USB stick or something if that is possible. If a day 1 patch breaks my save, I will disconnect my Xbox from the internet and reinstall the game to play through it.

Marvel had to delete the update to get it working!

I think I'm going to cloud back-up my save, too. Worrying shit.

Who has 15 hours of free time a day? Students maybe?

It's going to take me like a month to beat this game.

I'm playing 2-4 hours a day currently.

It's going to take me like 6 months to beat this game.

The game is fucking big man, don't underestimate it. 'Long' isn't even the right word. 'Big' is the right word.

After a dozen missions, I'm really looking forward to S ranking some of them and doing all tasks.

Typically, all the time sensitive stuff I half botched up, just to see how things play out

Auctopus

Are people trolling about this box network in Afghanistan and Africa? There is nowhere like the Orange box area in mother base. I swear the 'quickest' way to fast travel is via helicopter.

Marvel

could never
Yes, thankfully my save is ok, but the only way I'm able to load into the game is by playing without the patch. Which is ok by me, I'm still online.

Dawg

Are people trolling about this box network in Afghanistan and Africa? There is nowhere like the Orange box area in mother base. I swear the 'quickest' way to fast travel is via helicopter.

I'd like to know this, too. I haven't found a single one of those.

I know motherbase has them, though.

aravuus

Just finished GZ for the first time, after 90 gameplay minutes, with a rank of C

You MGS pros think TPP is gonna take you long, just think how it's gonna take me

Carbonox

It's a long, tough fight if you're not prepared.
It's kind of similar to
the fight against The End from Snake Eater.

I thought it was pretty easy tbh, I'm sniper-tier with my dinky little tranq.

Would love to know how to beat her without using firearms tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom