• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT| The Man Who Sold The World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accidentally found Quiet last night. :lol Good stuff.

I did the same, and if you find her before you're suppose to, the dialogue is different than when you're actually suppose to go that way.

It's a long, tough fight if you're not prepared. It's kind of similar to
the fight against The End from Snake Eater.

The End is still the #1 boss fight. Quiet's pales by comparison.

Just bought the game in The Netherlands. Lol, i thought it was sept first allready. But the guy just
Laughed and gave me the game :). Will be playing tonight. Can't wait.

SomTervo

I assume the cardboard box fast-travel would allow you to get the invoice for a base in a main mission, then cut that mission time down hugely by letting you fast travel into the main base with the box?

I wonder if the patch has added longer development times to the weapons.

I noticed in all the early streams from people who broke the street date, that almost none of the weapons had a development time that wasn't instant.
3* items and above seem to have dev times. (I've been playing since Thursday and most of that was pre-1.01)

Ghost23

Do I need to play GZ before MGS5? I've never played a MGS, and I'm still going back and forth whether I want to play MGS5, but it seems necessary to play GZ first. I wish I would have grabbed it when it was free on PS+. I'm not sure whether I want to throw $20 down if it's not necessary. Maybe it will let me know if I will enjoy MGS5 without spending $60 right off the bat.

ekim

Also, I should note that I got this last Thursday, and I have put in 30-ish hours. Pretty sure I'm still scratching the surface. Game says 21% complete.

afaik completion also counts S ranking a mission. So even if you are doing all missions with all objectives and all side-ops you are still not getting 100% until you S Rank them.

Sweet, the game turned up saturday and the Collectors Edition hardback guide today.

Won't be using the guide yet though, not on my first play through.

m8VdBYf.jpg

Spazznid

I did the same, and if you find her before you're suppose to, the dialogue is different than when you're actually suppose to go that way.

The End is still the #1 boss fight.
Quiet's pales by comparison.

So now, the whole spoiler tagged text in their post means nothing. You need to spoiler tag please.

Hasney

Ended up playing a bit at a friends. Thought I just wanted to play now, but after playing GZ yesterday, I need the buttery smoothness. Gonna have an early night tonight.

The End is still the #1 boss fight. Quiet's pales by comparison.

And now I won't be back until I 100% it. Laters.

Do I need to play GZ before MGS5? I've never played a MGS, and I'm still going back and forth whether I want to play MGS5, but it seems necessary to play GZ first. I wish I would have grabbed it when it was free on PS+. I'm not sure whether I want to throw $20 down if it's not necessary. Maybe it will let me know if I will enjoy MGS5 without spending $60 right off the bat.

Definitely do it. It's a going to be a great game and your experience will be completely undercut if you don't play GZ first.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Will this be available on PSN at 12 Eastern or Pacific? The store lists both times.

Just going off the unlock timer, which has been accurate in the past, all signs point to 12 eastern. Says it's unlocking at 11 pm CST here, unless it's changed since about 2 am.

hlhbk

Anyone know how to disable multi player base raids with out going offline? Not building out the base is not an option.

Dude. You need to play a ton more than GZ to understand 5, but GZ is the absolute bare minimum. This game literally starts right where GZ ended.

Watch videos online if you must, but some research on your part is necessary.

Only realised now that the Day 1 DIGITAL version extras (fatigues, weapons) are different to the Day 1 PHYSICAL version extras.

Are these preorder items attainable anyway in game or are they DLC only and behind a paywall?

Anyone playing the game have a preference for certain preorder items?

Alienous

I'm playing 2-4 hours a day currently.

It's going to take me like 6 months to beat this game.

The game is fucking big man, don't underestimate it. 'Long' isn't even the right word. 'Big' is the right word.

It'll take you about 2 weeks. You'll probably continue playing it for months after, anyway.

And interestingly, if you try to upload footage directly from the PS4, your greeted with this message:

Captures that cannot be used with this feature are selected.

Never had that before.

Carbonox

Need to check how many hours I've put in to this game but I've had it since Thursday and only up to Episode 8 with 12+ Side Ops done. That should give you an indication of how fucking slowly I'm going (and I'm loving it). :lol

Going for S ranks and all the optional tasks. I want EVERYTHING done.

Whats this thing at mother base thats not to be missed?

also, MB question:
Where the fuck is the zoo? Miller said he's built it but i can't find it anywhere.

DrBo42

I thought it was pretty easy tbh, I'm sniper-tier with my dinky little tranq.

Would love to know how to beat her without using firearms tho...

I just
took her down with the stun arm from behind. Takes a while, need to get her positioned on an area you can reach. Super satisfying though.

Majora

And interestingly, if you try to upload footage directly from the PS4, your greeted with this message:

Captures that cannot be used with this feature are selected.

Never had that before.

It happened with Batman before release too. Seems like Sony can now switch off pre-release streaming/video sharing etc if the publisher requests it. It's not automatic because Mad Max has had plenty of streams from PS4

Nice. What about S ranking?
First time I A ranked it which is actually more annoying than anything below as I played it well. I'd imagine going all out attack as quickly as possible is the name of the game for that.

I imagine once you get access to stun sniper rifles. That fight becomes trivial to S rank.

sensui-tomo

go on youtube and watch the game cutscenes (MGS,MGS2,MGS3,MGS4(not needed but you might as well finish the job), MGS Peace walker (Very important with mgs 3) and go get MGS V at target to get Ground zeroes for free (they are doing a combo deal) This series isnt friendly to newcomers (unless you started on mgs 3 and only played PO , peace walker and ground zeroes )

Alienous

I want MGO3 so badly.

It would have been nice to jump between that and this playing through the game. The game's super solid in its controls, it could be a great experience.

Whose holiday has to be cut short to release it next week, Konami?

Dawg

Nice. What about S ranking?
First time I A ranked it which is actually more annoying than anything below as I played it well. I'd imagine going all out attack as quickly as possible is the name of the game for that.

I imagine once you get access to stun sniper rifles. That fight becomes trivial to S rank.

S ranked it with a lethal sniper rifle. Not even a good one, just the basic sniper rifle.

It's not necessary exactly. It's story can be summed in one paragraph and is mainly there to bridge fans from Peace Walker to Phantom Pain. Going in with no knowledge of the story, it really won't make a difference whether you start with Ground Zeroes or The Phantom Pain. It'll be incomprehensible either way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom