• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGR - 2 new (Black Raiden) screenshots from TGS's playable code [BADASS!]

Theres going to be skins of other characters? i hate Raiden and i hate his cyborg look even more. The game itself looks good.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Konami Will Reveal Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Character At TGS

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance from Kojima Productions and Platinum Games is coming out in February 2013 with Raiden and a mystery character to be revealed at Tokyo Game Show.

mgs05.jpg

Sunny?

Pyrrhus

That pixelization doesn't look like there's a descender at the end of the word. Rose, maybe? Everybody loves Rose, right?

Carbonox

Would be interesting to see what sort of character Sunny is in Rising, especially as she'll be a lot older. Late teens? Early twenties?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Looks like the character silhouette has a bob haircut with maybe a high collar military/camping vest.

Reintroducing Sunny could be cool, as long as they don't make her some typical moé abomination, with annoying overly "cutesy" gestures and shit.

blamite

I'm assuming it's going to be pretty important to be familiar with the events of MGS4 before playing this, right? Guess I need to find a way to play that, then...

I'm assuming it's going to be pretty important to be familiar with the events of MGS4 before playing this, right? Guess I need to find a way to play that, then...
Honestly, you probably don't. Anything Snake was involved in will probably only be mentioned in passing, and you already know that Raiden is a cyborg.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

I'm pretty sure it's meant to be self contained, but it is set after MGS4, so it wouldn't hurt.

i-Lo

That's what Kojima calls him.

This for example is White Raiden.

metal-gear-rising-1-45810152972840405286724914979803.jpg

By the looks of it, I'd say it looks like the story of Robocop Deus Ex HR. The white Raiden perhaps gets beaten to a pulp by that Kyouraku Shunsui looking guy first time around and then gets back up with more state of the art and extensive cybernetic implants, which is known as black Raiden.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Why do people keep thinking this wouldn't be canon?

Because KojiPro has said confusing and conflicting things about the game in that regard.

(The biggest reason is probably the change to the world with every soldier being cyborgs. Doubt they want to go that direction for MGS5)

My advice to anyone confused is pick and believe whichever maintains your sanity. It really doesn't matter at this point

I personally don't think it is though, Expecting it to be a spin off series like Acid.

Reintroducing Sunny could be cool, as long as they don't make her some typical moé abomination, with annoying overly "cutesy" gestures and shit.

Paz opened the floodgates

Hope for the best and expect the worst my man

Personally I welcome "anime as fuck" Sunny :3

StuBurns

Banned
To bad that toy was Comic Con exclusive or else I would have bought it.
It would be pretty rad to have Grey Fox Ninja, Olga Ninja and Raiden Ninja toys. I guess Olga is too close to Grey Fox though.

EDIT:
CI_60378_1333438827.jpg

normal_mgs220~0.jpg

Yeah, too close. Maybe Black Ninja instead, there's probably some cool art of him around.

Jb

- There will be a lot of hard rock music on the soundtrack. Including songs with vocals. They hope that it'll be good enough for people to listen to it outside of playing the game

The only thing I'm kinda worried about. I HATED the Bayonetta soundtrack. A complete mess.

Jawmuncher

It would be pretty rad to have Grey Fox Ninja, Olga Ninja and Raiden Ninja toys. I guess Olga is too close to Grey Fox though.

EDIT:
CI_60378_1333438827.jpg

normal_mgs220~0.jpg

Yeah, too close. Maybe Black Ninja instead, there's probably some cool art of him around.

Hopefully they change their minds because that would be cool.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
- There will be a lot of hard rock music on the soundtrack. Including songs with vocals. They hope that it'll be good enough for people to listen to it outside of playing the game

- Raiden is much more violent in this game, but there's a reason for it

- Snake isn't in Rising
Snake not being in is unsurprising.
He would have been dead for years at this point.

Korigama

Would be interesting to see what sort of character Sunny is in Rising, especially as she'll be a lot older. Late teens? Early twenties?
Early teens at the oldest, since it will have only been several years between MGS4 and Rising (not nine). If it is actually her, I'm more curious as to the reason for the discrepancy in her calling him Raiden when she never did before, only Jack. The only thing that would make all that much sense would be her doing so jokingly, possibly as a reaction to whatever reverence other people might have for him in calling him that.
The only thing I'm kinda worried about. I HATED the Bayonetta soundtrack. A complete mess.
There's nothing wrong with Bayonetta's soundtrack (people who like to pretend that Fly Me to the Moon and Mysterious Destiny are the only two songs on it always seem to think so, though).

Jawmuncher

Early teens at the oldest, since it will have only been several years between MGS4 and Rising (not nine). If it is actually her, I'm more curious as to the reason for the discrepancy in her calling him Raiden when she never did before, only Jack. The only thing that would make all that much sense would be her doing so jokingly, possibly as a reaction to whatever reverence other people might have for him in calling him that.

There's nothing wrong with Bayonetta's soundtrack (people who like to pretend that Fly Me to the Moon and Mysterious Destiny are the only two songs on it always seem to think so, though).

those are the only 2 songs i remember but i love em.

More clones! Nanomachines! Ghosts!!

I'd say more along the line of Otacon manage to preserve Snake by mapping his brain into digital format or some kind of AI, later in Rising after Raiden beat that chainsaw Aibo, they insert Snake AI into the robot dog to serve as Raiden's sidekick.

Korigama

those are the only 2 songs i remember but i love em.
Both are alright with me as well (regardless of how polarizing they tend to be), but it is rather disappointing how little credit the OST gets all the same.

-The Heavies
-Red & Black
-Giant Military Transport, Valkyrie (no idea why so many uploads say Valkyria beyond the Sega association, because that's certainly not the name listed for the in-game sound test)
-Ithavoll Building - Lower Floors
-The Greatest Jubilee

It would be funny, if they pulled a reverse MGS2 on us. Play as Raiden in the prologue and play Snake for the rest of the game.

nah, that old switheroo trick is being kept for Ground Zeroes, play as Big Boss for the prologue and then switch to Frank Jaeger for the rest of the game. :p

Top Bottom