• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V TPP (PC) to be bundled with Nvidia Cards in Future

Nzyme32

UPDATE 2 - It is here - http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/...-v-the-phantom-pain-nvidia-geforce-gtx-bundle

UPDATE -
By soon they mean next thursday, that is July 23rd. I work at a retail store in my country and we got the official info yesterday. The game will be included with every GPU, GTX 960, 970, 980 and 980ti.

---------------------

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/3di9uq/newegg_is_now_bunding_mgsvphantom_pain_with/

Seems that MGSV is going to replace Batman Arkham Knight as the bundled game with Nvidia Cards in future. Newegg accidentally put the offer up too early apparently

Hi everyone! We had a little slip up and posted this deal ahead of schedule. It is not currently available, but stay tuned, it will be soon! Newegg Support -Tori

Perhaps there might be more integration of Nvidia features this time around

Apologies if old.

Storm360

Held off on getting a GTX 980 Ti because it was never in stock, and then the batman issues happened

Guess it paid off

Nzyme32

yes because to my knowledge the porting team statetside was the first to be let go when the Kojima/Konami thing happened?

Ground Zeroes AND Phantom Pain are done by the team in Japan according to Robert Peeler of the LA studio

Hasney

Getting it on PS4 collectors anyway, but since I'm looking to get a 980ti at some point, I'll wait until this happens. I replay through MGS games a lot so would be awesome having an even better version for future plays,

Nzyme32

Gonna get mgs on ps4, since ive always bought them on a sony console since mgs1.

Well I started playing on PC from MGS1 Integral. Only played MGS3, 4 and Peace Walker on PS3 last year

I need to know if TPP has playstation button icons in the PC version. Otherwise I'll just get it on PS4.

They took feedback on Steam recently and are apparently preparing material to let people know where they are at with the PC version. Past time with GZ they put out some stuff to confirm what features they were including at the time that people were asking for

Woffls

Neat. I was going to double dip on this eventually anyway, and I'll be replacing my GPU sometime next year as well.

Genio88

I'd buy it on my PC to enjoy the best version with my GTX 980, but i can't wait 2 weeks for this game, so i'm gonna buy it on Xbox One, and i'll try it later on PC too, aftet all i don't think the PC version will be that better than console ones, Ground Zeroes on PC was almost identical to the currrent console versions, Konami isn't exactly a software house that pushes PC ports at best

Seanspeed

Banned
I'd buy it on my PC to enjoy the best version with my GTX 980, but i can't wait 2 weeks for this game, so i'm gonna buy it on Xbox One, and i'll try it later on PC too, aftet all i don't think the PC version will be that better than console ones, Ground Zeroes on PC was almost identical to the currrent console versions, Konami isn't exactly a software house that pushes PC ports at best
Not only was the GZ port a good improvement over the console versions(especially if we're talking the XB1 version), it also ran incredibly well, meaning those with the horsepower could easily get into downsampling resolutions to significantly improve IQ further.

Hasney

The framerate got modded at least. I think a 120fps playthrough is enough to make me put future playthroughs after the first one on that.

Klossen

Banned
Excellent! Means PC players can get the chance to try out this excellent series with their new GPUs. I always felt like MGS would be a perfect fit on PC considering how well it blends western and eastern design.

Uh, it was a great port and a pretty big improvement over the console version.

Genio88

Not only was the GZ port a good improvement over the console versions(especially if we're talking the XB1 version), it also ran incredibly well, meaning those with the horsepower could easily get into downsampling resolutions to significantly improve IQ further.

Yes it was over the 720p Xbone version, but The Phantom Pain should be 1080p on Xbone too, or at least 900p, which is almost identical to 1080p for me. Yes you're right i could easily downsampling it on my GTX 980 but i think i just cant wait two weeks for this game, i mean is my most anticipated of the year at least

Seanspeed

Banned
Yes it was over the 720p Xbone version, but The Phantom Pain should be 1080p on Xbone too, or at least 900p, which is almost identical to 1080p for me. Yes you're right i could easily downsampling it on my GTX 980 but i think i just cant wait two weeks for this game, i mean is my most anticipated of the year at least
There's more to graphics than just resolution, too.

I'm not telling you to wait, I'm correcting where you said that Ground Zeroes on PC was basically identical to the console versions.

Grassy

Yay ! It means some people might sell them if they're not interested ! :p
And it also means few risks of further delay.

You might even get one for free if your lucky. I recently bought two 980 Ti's and I gave away my spare copy of Batman: Arkham Knight to someone in the OT :)

Looking back, I would have preferred a few codes for MGS:V for sure...

I don't think identical is the right word to use :p

19584504819_3c08c92bab_o.gif

Top Bottom