• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Consoles and such are stretch goals. PC/Steam original platform. Spring 2015 release.

...Or just go read the Kickstarter :p

ezekial45

Banned
Stretch goals are a bit ridiculous.

4b5dd5f90cad228da69d07f089ff6525_large.jpg

I still hope it can make it.

VariantX

Feels like a huge F-U to Capcom in a way lol.

The art and stuff looks pretty awesome. Main character looks boss.

I will most likely back this.

$900k is a lot.

Like I am sure it's not even close to how much they need, but that's a big number to raise toward.

Especially without any game assets or actual screenshots or videos to show yet. They're asking for a lot of faith.

zroid

Banned
Conceptually I'm totally onboard, but estimated release of mid-2015? Ugh.

I'll just buy it when it comes out.

Hopefully if this is successful it will open the door for more veteran Japanese devs from companies like Capcom, Konami, Nintendo and Sega to move towards independent projects instead of sticking with their corporations and in a lot of case churning out unimaginative retreads.

That said, I do kind of with this wasn't so "mega-man-ish". Spread your wings.

IrishNinja

edit oh so it's PC for now? stretch goal for console kinda confirms that for me ....weird choice

$900k is a lot.

Like I am sure it's not even close to how much they need, but that's a big number to raise toward.

Especially without any game assets or actual screenshots or videos to show yet. They're asking for a lot of faith.

true but i feel like he's delivered on this concept before, somewhere

Lijik

Inafune does what capcpcant

Eh, Megaman X never really struck me as "edgy." This new kid looks like he's Megaman with a 'tude.

Zero was supposed to be the design for X and he fits the 90s tude to a tee
Ignoring that whole idea behind the X series is 90s as hell compared to classic Megaman

edit oh so it's PC for now? stretch goal for console kinda confirms that for me ....weird choice

true but i feel like he's delivered on this concept before, somewhere

Honestly? I have way more faith in Inti-Creates here (and they're the reason why I backed it) than I do Inafune.

I trust them to make a really good Mega Man-like.

Capcom should be embarrassed, nafune is doing what they should have done a long ago. With Inti Creates on the project, not only the games is going to have a kick ass soundtrack but a deep story too.

Top Bottom