• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Haunted

What a well-executed Kickstarter page. With these partners, 8-4 and such a professional production crew behind it, this is as safe as a bet you're going to be able to make on KS.

Good shit.

Ishida

Banned
Holy shit, now this looks interesting. As a HUGE Mega Man fan disappointed with Capcom's treatment of the character and the franchise, this looks like a light of hope.

Mega Man may be dead, but this could become it's successor. It's sad for me to see one of my childhood videogame icons get ignored by it's company, but maybe Mega Man had to end sometime...

LeleSocho

Banned
I loved the kickstarter video, filled with nostalgia, references and also with some "fuck you"s to capcom.
I'm actually tempted to back this up.

lol at 360/PS3 versions in 2015. Doubt that.

Yeah, I really don't get that decision. Zeboyd just yesterday said that they didn't announce Cosmic Star Heroine for the PS3 because by the time its released (next year) the console will be winding down. Instead it's for the PS4/Vita/Steam.

Cartman86

Banned
2 Player Productions is doing behind the scenes stuff if the stretch is hit. The Double Fine Adventure BTS stuff has been amazing. Hope it's as in depth as that. Seeing the Japanese side of development in that much detail would be great.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Thats what those stretchgoals SHOULD cost though, if you all have been led astray by other Kickstarters that lie about what their stretchgoals cost .... Well thats your fault.

Pitched in $20, excited for this!

Effect

That console stretch goal is way to damn high. Even if this games funded there is a very good, if not great chance that goal will not be meet. Money wasted if I pledged. I'll wait and see if it gets closer to that goal. Not before that.

Goon Boon

Banned
b733fef2a95df4f3de2a9074b4a043cf_large.jpg

Not Roll seems to have some hella close to Roll options, and some not as Roll options.

I'm actually fully expecting the goal to reached before monday closes. Mega man fans are a fairly rabid fan base, and I imagine a number of them will open their wallets wide to support this one.

I wish they would have done that before, too, but better late than never,

Squire

Banned
True...

Eh, I bet people will back it once they get back to their hotel rooms/home at PAX

Also 10k in what...a few minutes?

Oh, it's still impressive, no doubt.

I do agree the platform choices are a but weird. PS3? Fine. Sony's assuring its longevity. 360? Wii U?

Should've gone PS3/PS4/Vita/3DS.

hwateber

someone tweet yosp! In for a digital copy and I love that this is heading to steam. Good to see more Japanese devs on the platform

I do agree the platform choices are a but weird. PS3? Fine. Sony's assuring its longevity. 360? Wii U?

I wonder if they're going with the previous gen consoles because they know damn well they can port those, and aren't sure if they can.

And yeah, the platforms you chose work juuuust fine for me

Chindogg

Anyone remember what Nintendo's and Sony's indie representatives' twitters were? This needs to get pushed to their consoles.

BearChair

Is it bad to guess that the "???" Stretch goals are 3ds and vita versions?

900k does seem high, but I'm backing this as a patron not a customer.

Silky

Banned
THE LEAD CHARACTER DESIGNER FOR MOTHERFUCKING WARZARD IS WORKING ON THIS GAME JESUS CHRIST

enthusiasm.gif

LET ME JUST GET $60 READY FOR THIS GUY

Goody

360 isn't going anywhere anytime soon and the Wii U is just hitting its stride after being out for a year. Lack of PS4 is surprising.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They didn't bother at all with the subtlety huh. Kinda surprised how derivative this is, from pretty much every perspective. Though I guess they are taking the skills a bit further, but still.

I'm pretty sure that they can change the console strech goal in coming days. Specially if it kicks off.

as far as I know megman 9 and 10 sold rather well...
and the other megaman games after that the fans never really had a chance to spend money on.

I think ZXA was the straw that broke the camel's back. As I recall, it had a really soft goal of two million world wide and didn't come anywhere close.

-MB-

Contrary what some people gaf want us to believe, Wiiu will still be alive and kicking in 2015 and a viable platform for such a digital release.

Went in at the $250 level, that signed Inafune art book was too good to pass up.

Feeling pretty good about it considering Inti Creates is developing it.

thefro

Wow, this is just masterfully launched looking at the names involved. Development staff of a bunch of Megaman vets + Inti Creates. 8-4 LTD, 2 Player Productions, Humble Bundle, and Fangamer all involved as well.

zulux21

I think ZXA was the straw that broke the camel's back. As I recall, it had a really soft goal of two million world wide and didn't come anywhere close.

ah, I didn't pay much attention to the spin offs (I have a feeling a number of more casual megaman fans such as myself who are excited for this project were the same way)

Wow, this is just masterfully launched looking at the names involved. Development staff of a bunch of Megaman vets + Inti Creates. 8-4 LTD, 2 Player Productions, Humble Bundle, and Fangamer all involved as well.

That is a LOT of muscle behind this. This basically has to get backed at the bare minimum.

Top Bottom