• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Mafia I |OT| Why is it so small?

Timeaisis

GAME IS FINISHED - CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS AND COMMENTARY

Mini Mafia I
BkEAsfZ.png

It was a dark and stormy night. 13 of the most famous GAFia players have met in Russia for the first inaugural GAFIA Trans-Siberian Beach House Cruise I. Their hosts, Timeaisis and Batsnacks, had just entered the caboose to greet the guests.

"Welcome to the first first inaugural GAFIA Trans-Siberian Beach House Cruise I," Time says. "You've all received invites to be part of this exclusive gathering of NeoGAF Mafia players from across the globe and Scotland. Please make yourselves at home and have a great time. And I sure hope no one dies. ;)"

Timeaisis has died.

"Well, shit. I guess we have some troublemakers.", Batsnacks replies, as he chews on a tomato. Batsnacks takes a swig of punch. "Don't drink the punch."

Batsnacks has died.

Time:
This game starts Monday, July 25th at 5:00 p.m. EST
The game is a daystart.
Phases are 24 hours and start/end at 5:00 p.m. EST

Setup:
C9++

Facts about the setup that may be useful while playing:
- The roles in this game are randomly generated and randomly assigned.
- The role distribution can be assumed to be reasonably fair. If town is powerful, mafia will likewise be powerful and vice versa.
- 50% of all possible setups contain a Serial Killer.
- Possible non-town roles in this setup with odds:
  • 0.78125% = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
  • 5.46875% = Goon + Godfather
  • 16.40625% = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
  • 27.34375% = 2 Goons + Roleblocker
  • 27.34375% = 2 Goons + Roleblocker, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
  • 16.40625% = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather
  • 5.46875% = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
  • 0.78125% = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather
- Town roles will be a combination of ordinary townies and some selection of these town power rules: cop, doctor, vigilante, mason, innocent child, and/or roleblocker.
- Town power roles can be either 1 shot OR unlimited.
- The full process for selecting roles if anyone is interested is here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9++

Mechanics:
  • Night actions resolved in this order: Roleblock -> Medic visits for the night -> KP resolves simultaneously -> Cop Checks
  • Serial Killer chooses 1-shot BP OR Investigation Immune pregame.
  • Cop checks return either Town or Mafia.
  • Doctors prevent one night kill.
  • Innocent Child is mod-revealed on the first phase.
  • Mafia Roleblocker can not Roleblock AND deliver KP in the same night.
  • Vigilante shots are refunded if Roleblocked.
  • Plurality Lynch (the person with the most votes at the end of every day phase is out) -- town may not no lynch.
  • No notifications unless they are necessary:
  • ----Players will not receive a notification if roleblocked.
  • ----Doctors will not receive a notification if their heal works.
  • ----Players will not receive a notification if they are healed.
Game specific rules:
  • Activity requirement: 10 posts per day phase -- 1 warning then modkill. You will probably need at least one hour every other day to play. The game should last a little longer than a week. Please PM a mod before you miss a day phase if possible.
  • It is considered good etiquette to stick with a game if you can. If you should require a replacement, PM a mod (DO NOT post in the thread about replacing), it will be assumed that something unplanned came up for you.
  • Please watch the time, don't post after a day phase ends -- :59 okay, :00 not okay -- 1 warning then modkill.
  • Play to win. Don't self vote.
  • Always PM a mod questions -- don’t ask them in the game thread.
  • Never reference any PM or mod question/answer in the game thread.
  • Never discuss mod decisions in the game thread -- wait till post game!
  • You may post 1 simple "gg" post if you are eliminated before the game ends -- please put "***DEAD***" somewhere in this post just to make sure no one will be confused e.g.:
    ***DEAD***
    gg everyone
    ***DEAD***

REMEMBER, PLAYERS MAY NOT CHOOSE TO NO LYNCH.
IN THE EVENT OF A TIE, THE LYNCH WILL BE DECIDED VIA RNG ON THOSE TIED FOR VOTES

batsnacks

AWARDS AND COMMENTARY

PLAYERS:
1. Kawl_USC [m]
2. cabot [m]
3. Hyperactivity [m] Mafia Goon lynched D1
4. Kristoffer [m] replaced by Sophia [f] Vanilla Townie NKed N2
5. Lone_Prodigy [m] Town Cop NKed D1
6. Terrabyte20xx [m] replaced by Sorian [m] Mafia Roleblocker shot N3
7. Ty4on [m]
8. melonrabbit [f] Mafia Goon lynched D3
9. Catvoca [m] replaced by Fireblend [m]
10. SkyOdin [m] Vanilla Townie lynched D2
11. *Splinter [m]
12. YesNOnoNOYes [f]
13. StanleyPalmtree [m]

IMPORTANT POSTS:
OP
LINKS AND CURRENT COUNTDOWN
D1 Start
D1 Final Vote Count / Flip
D2 Start
D2 Final Vote Count / Flip
D3 Start
D3 Final Vote Count / Flip
END

SkyOdin

Where are we and why is it so cold? Why are there dead people on the floor? And am I getting paid for this?

hi guys

im a spider

i was almost not let in :<

but im here now :>

my hobbies include: crawling into your nostrils when you are asleep

Kawl_USC

This post is only for artificially inflating post counts for a later argument concerning activity.

That is all, thank you.

batsnacks

ROLE PMs ARE GOING OUT SOON

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME PLAYING

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNTIL DAY 1 BEGINS:

red_1469480400.png

All role PMs have been dispatched, PM me or Timeaisis if there were any problems or if you have any questions.

batsnacks

Timeaisis unholsters an antique Colt Peacemaker and takes careful aim at Lone_Prodigy's head. He exclaims, "NO TALKING TILL DAYLIGHT!"

He fires a single shot. The bullet whizzes past Lone_Prodigy's head, barely missing. "Damn, I need to get the sights checked on this thing."

Batsnacks replies, "Let me try I bet I can hit him."

Timeaisis shouts, "SHUT UP! NO TALKING!" He aims at batsnacks and adjusts to compensate for the bad sights, he fires.

Timeaisis is still dead.

Batsnacks has died, again.

Timeaisis

ALL ABOARD, LET'S GO!

The Official Gafia Trans-Siberian Beach House Cruise Train I departed on its journey across the perilous Siberian wastes. What horrors lie in wait for this elite group of GAFia All-Stars? Already many kilometers from civilization, the group had no choice but to find out.

The Princess Bride could be heard playing on a television in one of the common rooms:
"I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me."

Timeaisis, suddenly lucid again, proclaimed loudly, "I fucking love this movie!"

He ran towards the common room at full sprint screaming as he ran, "MY NAME IS GUILLERMO DEL TORO! YOU KILLED MY FATHER, PREPARE TO DIE!"

Excitedly he rushed towards the TV and tripped over batsnacks&#8217; lifeless corpse, careening headlong into the antique vacuum television. An explosion of glass erupted in the common room, startling everyone awake.

Timeaisis has died, again.

Timeaisis&#8217;s disembodied voice came from the TV suddenly, &#8220;Day 1 has now begun. Good luck! You&#8217;ll need it.&#8221;

Batsnacks is still dead.

Day 1 begins

DAY 1 HAS STARTED. DAY 1 WILL END:
red_1469566800.png

IMPORTANT POSTS:
OP
D1 Start

cabot

Hello there, I'm here to play some MAFIA moderated by my good friend batsnacks and sometimes friend sometimes worst ever enemy Timeaisis.

Kawl what sort of question is that, do you have any respect?

Kawl_USC

Hello there, I'm here to play some MAFIA moderated by my good friend batsnacks and sometimes friend sometimes worst ever enemy Timeaisis.

Kawl what sort of question is that, do you have any respect?

So you aren't denying being the serial killer then?

Vote: Cabot

cabot

Splinter and Kawl were the obvious first choices, so here's a little something that I've been itching to do.

VOTE: YesNOnoNOYes

Kawl_USC

Worth pointing out that we didn't have an innocent child rolled. Which makes me think we probably don't have masons statistically.

Unlike matrix games the possibility of scum accidentally spewing the set up seems pretty low given the fact they are given incomplete information. So that's a bit of a bummer.

Should know after night 1 if we are dealing with a SK set up.

Any vigs should consider their number of shots and the effect it could have it a worse case scenario for lylo and mylo

Kawl_USC

Can we agree that a handful of people will help provide any cops we have with cover with some interference fake peeks tomorrow?

*Splinter

I can't make heads or tails out of this sentence.
I just gave an example. Kinda.

If the real cop dies unexpectedly we can look back at his "fake" claims knowing they were actually real. It requires several people to fake claim to provide cover.

It also makes it far easier for scum to track down the real cop, so I'm eyeing Kawl suspiciously for pushing it so strongly.

...eh. I was typing out a vote but remembered he tried the same thing last time we played live.

Kawl_USC

I can't make heads or tails out of this sentence.

It would involve at least a handful of players opening the day tomorrow by saying, if I'm cop I checked so and so last night and they are town.

Enough people do this and it makes it so mafia doesn't know who to kill as the cop, but if the cop is flipped so there after we have a definitive person they checked out as clear.

Typically you want vanilla townies to jump on this grenade as they want to be a shield for the cop. It requires said townie to pick basically their top town person. If you pick wrong and say so and so is town but really they are scum, then mafia knows you are lying and won't nk you.

Kawl_USC

I just gave an example. Kinda.

If the real cop dies unexpectedly we can look back at his "fake" claims knowing they were actually real. It requires several people to fake claim to provide cover.

It also makes it far easier for scum to track down the real cop, so I'm eyeing Kawl suspiciously for pushing it so strongly.

...eh. I was typing out a vote but remembered he tried the same thing last time we played live.

Eh it's better than people trying to play well hyper probably checked z and y because this post could be taken as an obscure breadcrumb which I believe happened in bloodborne? If the cop thinks they can coast and survive for sure then they don't have to stick their neck out. But providing them the option isn't the wrong move and it only requires a few vanilla town to be proactive.

cabot

Not sure how I read that, but I do also read the Innocent Child thing as helpful, I was gonna bring that up later. I was unsure on the wording in the OP, made me think it could happen at any time during the day phase, not just the start.

Kawl_USC

I'm also not crazy about splinter trying to discredit it as a technique, throw some semi shade my way but then not vote.

Scum scared of cops providing a cleared town list post flip?

Top Bottom