• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be so exciting to get another high school pitcher I won't see for a minimum of four years if he has pans out in the minors.

That's a rather fair-weather fan thing to say.

Drafts, minor league depth, and player development are important areas.
Pay attention to your minor league teams.

Tall4Life

I hope the door hit the Red Sox on the way out.

image.php

TraBuch

Banned
That's a rather fair-weather fan thing to say.

Drafts, minor league depth, and player development are important areas.
Pay attention to your minor league teams.
I pay attention to every minor league team everyday, brah. I'm ecstatic Acuna, Allard and Soroka are killing it in AA after pretty aggressive promotions. I'm ecstatic we seemed to have fleeced Seattle for both Gohara and Alex Jackson. I'm extremely excited to see what Maitan can do when Danville finally starts playing. Albies is starting to finally hit in AAA after a slow start, can't wait to see him in the majors. Sims finally seems to have cut down in his walks, I'm starting to be a bit more optimistic about him. Newcomb still has control issues, but those strikeouts are exciting. He could be an ace if he ever figures it out. Touissant might have the best pure stuff in the system, I'm excited to see him hopefully develop. Minter is an elite closer with Kimbrel-esque stuff, hopefully he can get past his injury problems. I could go on and on. I was annoyed as shit when the Braves started playing well last September after sucking all year, simultaneously dropping us from a sure top 2 pick to the number 5 pick and giving the front office false hope that we're ahead of where we actually are.

With all that said, it's hard to get excited for a potential pick next June and I'm fucking tired of high school pitchers always being the pick.

I pay attention to every minor league team everyday, brah. I'm ecstatic Acuna, Allard and Soroka are killing it in AA after pretty aggressive promotions. I'm ecstatic we seemed to have fleeced Seattle for both Gohara and Alex Jackson. I'm extremely excited to see what Maitan can do when Danville finally starts playing. Albies is starting to finally hit in AAA after a slow start, can't wait to see him in the majors. Sims finally seems to have cut down in his walks, I'm starting to be a bit more optimistic about him. Newcomb still has control issues, but those strikeouts are exciting. He could be an ace if he ever figures it out. Touissant might have the best pure stuff in the system, I'm excited to see him hopefully develop. Minter is an elite closer with Kimbrel-esque stuff, hopefully he can get past his injury problems. I could go on and on. I was annoyed as shit when the Braves started playing well last September after sucking all year, simultaneously dropping us from a sure top 2 pick to the number 5 pick and giving the front office false hope that we're ahead of where we actually are.

Fair enough, my apologies.

With all that said, it's hard to get excited for a potential pick next June and I'm fucking tired of high school pitchers always being the pick.

What would you prefer they do?

FUCK. OFF. BLUE JAYS.

Braves had a need to police the league again, even more with Bum hurt.

There's more going on than that. Blue Jays pitchers have committed 7 HBPs in this series. Then Kevin Pillar does his little freak-out show where he apparently called Jason Motte a "faggot". The Batista bat flips towards the Braves dug out down 4 runs shortly after. There were many things building up to that.

FUCK. OFF. BLUE JAYS.

There's more going on than that. Blue Jays pitchers have committed 7 HBPs in this series. Then Kevin Pillar does his little freak-out show. The Batista bat flips towards the Braves dug out down 4 runs. There were many things building up to that.

It's weird. Pillar has been so good this year at the plate. A little quick pitch shouldn't bother him that much. The only reason I think he's pissed is the Jays got called on a quick pitch a few weeks back. Nothing you can really do about that. Might not have been the same ump. Shit happens.

he'll probably be fine (especially since he's inexplicably only 27 years old?), but that would be pretty lame if he blossomed into a monster power hitter only to have it all fucked up by one random pitch that got away

3N16MA

Banned
Cahill was looking like amazing trade bait for the Padres before he went on the DL. Cheap one year deal and he was pitching way above his career numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom