• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

of course Chris Carter strikes out.

Keep throwing Carter out there. All he does is swing at 3 pitches and hope he connects.

Whew Huge win there. Are they finally turning the corner?

Oh and get rid of Carter ; ;

I will join the sentiment, Fuck off Carter.

Happy for Torreyes, dude deserves it with the contributions he's been making this season.
DFA Carter.

We must be careful with this newfound power of ours...

R46oxxA.gif

I didn't get to see it, but heard how crazy the Royals game ended. Whit with the walk-off! Finally .500! I doubt we make it to the postseason, even if we continue winning, but I wouldn't mind being wrong. I still think there's too many issues with the team, even though the offense is starting to click and look better, like how much weaker our bullpen is with our best arm by stats currently is Mike Minor and how we have our rotation injuries like Karns and Duffy, who were doing well before hitting the DL, and how Kennedy has no looked the best overall after coming off the disabled list.

Also, Chris Young (pitcher) was finally DFA'd. I'll always love what he brought to the 2015 team, but he just couldn't pitch last year and looked just as bad (if not worse) this year. I'll always have 2015.

AL Wild Card is shaping up to be a clusterfuck, it'll be interesting to see how Dayton responds to any offers made to him now that the Royals are surging up the standings. I'm betting he trades Cain and Hos if they take their foot off the gas. Moose they'll keep and attempt to extend, and Boras will fool Dayton into re-signing Hos to a 10-year $270,000,000 contract because he puts the bat on the ball and gets a lot of ribbies.

In timelier news, lol Carter. Stearns let him walk for a reason.

And LA doesn't get an NFL team until 2016. I became a Cardinals fan late High School. I had no idea I'm still sticking with the miserable team in the NFL, aside from the Browns (though they still have their titles and jerseys).

Honestly I don't want the Rams back. Fuck the Rams. Baffles me that anybody likes them, especially considering how they left LA last time.

And I don't want the Chargers (who does?) and I'm glad we dodged a bullet with the Raiders going to Las Vegas.

Honestly I've been a Colts fan all my life (the season I chose a team they were 4-12, lol) and I'm just gonna stick with them. I do like the Seahawks too though, mostly because of Pete.

Chris R

Sure, I guess I'll watch the Braves.

Love new stadiums, got to try to pick where I'll sit eventually when I get there for a game

edit: Player getting tossed already lul

AL Wild Card is shaping up to be a clusterfuck, it'll be interesting to see how Dayton responds to any offers made to him now that the Royals are surging up the standings. I'm betting he trades Cain and Hos if they take their foot off the gas. Moose they'll keep and attempt to extend, and Boras will fool Dayton into re-signing Hos to a 10-year $270,000,000 contract because he puts the bat on the ball and gets a lot of ribbies.

In timelier news, lol Carter. Stearns let him walk for a reason.

Another win today still makes me question what to do next. Still think we need a decent amount more for the Royals to even attempt to be contenders. There are holes in the lineup (Moss, Escobar, Gordon mainly), starting pitching (Duffy starting his rehab assignment tonight should help with that, don't know when Karns starts his), and the bullpen: our best arm, by stats currently, is Mike Minor (even though he has been really, really good), Herrera has HR problems. I think the team has too many problems for the team to make it deep into the postseason right now if they even can make it somehow.

I definitely think there will be trades of Cain, Moose, Minor, etc if the team starts sputtering and crashes toward the deadline. If the Royals are still in the thick of it during the deadline, I doubt the team could add much and would probably stay put.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

about that time for the braves to go on a long losing streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom