• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnex

Neo Member

He really should break camp with the Braves next spring, though I expect they'll manipulate his service time to get that extra year. I saw him a few times when he was with the M-Braves, and even a couple of people with ties to the Braves organization were running with Chipper's comparison to a young Andruw Jones, probably because of his swing and speed. His defense isn't on that level, but from what I've seen, dude rakes and then rakes some more.

Toth

Disappointing end to what could have been a great series for the Yankees. Instead of 2-4, they easily could have been 5-1 or 4-2. The Red Sox have shown they are simply better at this time. The Question is whether the Yankees will play like they won 4 of their last six tomorrow and start bringing in those runners or continue to sputter like Judge has done. If they could just get some of their pieces back healthy....

This year isn't the year for the Yankees to win the division...or the WS.

Let Judge and Chapman sit/get a breather. Let Bird, Castro and Holliday return, along with September call-ups. Let's try to make the Wild Card game, and win to get in...

Toth

This year isn't the year for the Yankees to win the division...or the WS.

Let Judge and Chapman sit/get a breather. Let Bird, Castro and Holliday return, along with September call-ups. Let's try to make the Wild Card game, and win to get in...

I understand the logic but the team has been pushing the narrative since the ASB that they have to make the playoffs, especially after those trades. They can't change course at this point, regardless of Judge collapsing like he has and all the injuries. They should indeed sit them down.

zulux21

Why does texas suck so much :(

if texas had done their job today and two days ago the white sox could merely be a half game out of the worst team in baseball.

instead they are still 2.5 back and only a half game in front of SF :(

oh well here's hoping the twins are about to get to a 9 game winning streak.

Mimosa97

Non-american ignoramus here who doesn't know a thing about baseball. I keep seeing posts about Aaron dudge striking out on the front page of reddit almost everyday and I'm curious about what it means. Also how bad is it?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Non-american ignoramus here who doesn't know a thing about baseball. I keep seeing posts about Aaron dudge striking out on the front page of reddit almost everyday and I'm curious about what it means. Also how bad is it?
He is the worst player in the history of baseball. Tell your friends.

BFIB

He's terrible. He also puts ketchup on hot dogs.

nnex

Neo Member

Judge established himself as one of the league's young superstars with a monster first half of the season, but he's been struggling in the second half thus far. Today, he tied a Major League record by striking out in his 37th consecutive game, which is obviously a record no one wants. Over those 37 games, he had struck out in about 38% of his plate appearances, which is pretty awful, but despite his struggles, his overall season numbers are still great.

Also, he plays for the (large-market) New York Yankees, so some of the reaction you're seeing is probably schadenfreude from non-Yankees fans after talk about him dominated baseball media coverage at times this season.

Mimosa97

He's terrible. He also puts ketchup on hot dogs.

tHe MaD mAn!

Judge established himself as one of the league's young superstars with a monster first half of the season, but he's been struggling in the second half thus far. Today, he tied a Major League record by striking out in his 37th consecutive game, which is obviously a record no one wants. Over those 37 games, he had struck out in about 38% of his plate appearances, which is pretty awful, but despite his struggles, his overall season numbers are still great.

Also, he plays for the (large-market) New York Yankees, so some of the reaction you're seeing is probably schadenfreude from non-Yankees fans after talk about him dominated baseball media coverage at times this season.

Ooooh now I get it. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom