• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moana Will Be the First Disney Princess Without a Love Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, I know they forgot about Merida, but I was there! I have Brave merch from that one summer before they abandoned her that proves she's the first!

Volimar

Oh yes it is, it is!

You just haven't seen the director's cut wherte it's revealed that Anna's parents were beloved servants of the King and Queen and when they died they decided to raise her as their own thus turning the film into a lesbian love story and all those conservative as fuck parents let their little girls dress up as Elsa MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ivan 3414

Even if she is technically a Disney princess they don't treat her like one. I think Disney forgot about her.

According to Google she got a "glammed-up" makeover that came with a bit of controversy; they got rid of her new design and haven't used her since

kswiston

Weirdly enough Wikipedia states her but not Elsa or Anna as those Disney truly consider. Are they not considered one?

Anna isnt part of the Disney Princess line because Frozen still sells as much merch as all the rest combined. When (if?) it winds down, they will coronate Anna.

Maximo

Last time a Disney princess loved someone we got the worst villain in Disney history.

Hans_from_Disney's_Frozen.png

More serious note really looking forward to this movie.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
To answer people's counterarguments with Merida, John Musker doesn't seem to have called Moana the first princess without a love interest. That seems to be conjecture by the article. Instead he said:

LA Times said:
When asked what sets Moana her apart from the princesses in previous Disney films, Musker shared how it’s Moana who is going on a hero’s journey in the film.

“There is no romance in the movie,” said Musker.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-moana-comic-con-20160721-snap-story.html

So Merida is still the 1st Disney Princess without a love interest while Moana has no romance at all in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom