• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans PV 2 and VA Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35YT5GOHSdY

ggtek2.jpg

Mikazuki Augus - Kengo Kawanishi (Aldnoah Zero; Kisaki Matsuribi)
A member of the Martian private security firm CGS. Calm and collected, with a head for the big picture, he’s undyingly loyal to his friends. The most experienced mobile weapon operator in CGS, he is assigned to pilot the Gundam Barbatos.

Orga Itsuko - Yoshimasa Hosoya (Show By Rock; Rom, Attack on Titan; Reiner Braum)
A leader among the boys of CGS. Naturally gifted as a commander, and trusted implicitly by the others, he strives to live up to their admiration. He’s especially close to Mikazuki, who he’s known since avery young age; their bond is closer than most blood brothers. His coup within CGS is launched to give the boys a place where they won’t be betrayed anymore.

Biscuit Griffon - Natsuki Hanae (Aldnoah Zero; Inaho, Your Lie in April, Kosei Arima)
A boy who takes on the role of strategic advisor to Orga. Mild-mannered, his favorite hobby is reading. He enlists in CGS in order to support his grandmother and younger twin sister. Having attended school, he is literate—a rarity among the boys.

Red Shirts aka Meat for Okada:
Eugene Seven Stark - Yuichiro Umehara
Akihiro Alto Land - Takumi Yasuaki
Noruba Shino - Murata Taishi
Dante Mogron - Hamano Daiki
Chad Chadan - Haruki Ishiya
Ride Mass - Tamura Mutsumi
Takaki Uno - Amasaki Kohei
Yamagi Gilmerton - Soma Saito

G-Tekketsu%2Ball%2Bcharacter.jpg

No dialogue but glimpses of combat and the other side characters.

Full Staff:
Director: Tatsuyuki Nagai
Series Composition: Mari Okada
Character Concept Design: Yu Ito
Character Design: Michinori Chiba
Mechanical Design: Naohiro Washio, Kanetake Ebikawa, Ippei Gyobu, Kenji Teraoka, Tamotsu Shinohara
Background Art: Kusanagi
Music: Masaru Yokoyama
Opening Theme: MAN WITH A MISSION
Ending Theme: Misia

orochi91

This looks really promising.

I hope the OST is good; Gundam shows haven't had a memorable OST since the SEED series.

Akainu

I thought I recognized the character designs. It is the guy who did shut hell and the manga with the sabre tooth tigers.

Ezalc

Orga looked so good, until they decided to put that random giant puff of hair sticking out of the front of his face. Jesus that looks stupid. Gundam Barbatos is an awesome name btw.

If Biscuit and Seabook ride Fuunsaiki does that make a new entity or just a really bad joke?

Not digging the hairstyles on most of the cast. They're in some military not a jpop group. Didn't notice any cgi in the pv so that's good. If it does have cg, at least it looks decent.

Also what's up with some of the names? Aldenoah Zero also had some fucked up "lets try to sound cool using foreign words" names.

Jarmel

Banned
The red stripes are supposed to symbolize boys who are considered disposable (more so than the other ones). So I expect Okada to kill them off like flies.

Nagai also went for a lot of low profile VAs.

Sandfox

Not digging the hairstyles on most of the cast. They're in some military not a jpop group. Didn't notice any cgi in the pv so that's good. If it does have cg, at least it looks decent.

Also what's up with some of the names? Aldenoah Zero also had some fucked up "lets try to sound cool using foreign words" names.
The name thing isn't exactly new.

Clov

Who are the staff members who you're not fond of?

Mari Okada's original anime can get... a bit out of hand. A little bit off the rails. Wixoss, for an example that I can remember off the top of my head.

Edit: Black Rock Shooter might be the best example of how out of control her scripts can get.

The red stripes are supposed to symbolize boys who are considered disposable (more so than the other ones). So I expect Okada to kill them off like flies.

Nagai also went for a lot of low profile VAs.
Okada doesn't like killing characters. That's too humane of a fate.

The name thing isn't exactly new.

Yeah, I know. I was just comparing it to the most recent mech anime I've watched.

It kinda makes sense in slice of life comedy characters that are all chunni but it just feels weird in mech anime for some reason. At least the ones that try to go for a more serious tone.

Looks good. The terraformed mars stuff looks good.

For me, gundam lives and dies by its grunts. Hopefully this has some good stuff.

Any word on a season 3 for gbf?

When was the last time Gundam got a optimistic main character who kept the depressing moaning to a minimal?

Was it Gerrod? I want to say Bellri but he seems like he's just head in clouds high all the time.

Toxi

Banned
When was the last time Gundam got a optimistic main character who kept the depressing moaning to a minimal?

Was it Gerrod? I want to say Bellri but he seems like he's just head in clouds high all the time.
Loran from Turn A is an optimist who sticks to his ideals. The Build Fighters and Try protagonists tend to be upbeat thanks to the nature of those shows (Especially Reiji and Sekai).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom