• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother bear KILLS CUB and THEN ITSELF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, in the case of meat-eating, one does not need to justify it with any type of religion. If it is "tasty", then everything is fine.

I do not see how we can still bring up some misdirections and place the blame on "religion", not the abusive practices themselves.

What religion is behind the meat factories? The religion of money? The religion of profits? Or the religion of "I do not care how it is made, as long as it is cheap"?

It's a function of the modern, secular world. Blame everything on religion even as our political and economic systems screw the planet over relentlessly. Incredible hypocrisy.

Religion is a pimple on the behind of these other institutions in terms of damage done to the planet, but they always seem to get a free pass.

ZaCH3000

Oh come on zoukka, it's not like anyone is going to take it that far.

Oh dear.

Bear mom did murder suicide in order to spare her and her cub from reading the melodramatic GAFers.

Hey, IISANDERII, how do you feel about ground up deer antlers being used as a supplement? I suppose since we didn't get a "report" of some Deer murder suicide you probably don't wish death on all America because of it.

Do you understand there are strict rules and regulations in the United States from the Wild Life and Game Commission that regulates deer hunting? There isn't a connection between what China does to bears and what the United States does to deer. There is a deer overpopulation in some areas which is bad for coexistence.

The difference is deer are not driven to commit murder-suicides like these bears. That's quite a repulsive comparison your drawing and I'm failing to see your point which I'm usually quick to decipher.

I got a chuckle from "Oh Dear" upon reread though haha.

Something about this story smells of bullshit to me. A bear committing suicide? Hmmmm.

The thought that animals actually do live in these types of conditions is awful to contemplate though.

Omikaru

FUCK.......

I remember watching a documentary a while ago about animals or the fur trade in China and it showed them keeping wolves/foxes in cages where they could barely move. They developed something called "cage frenzy" or something, where'd they'd go nuts from being trapped in a cage 24/7.

They showed them ripping the furs off of foxes while they were still fucking alive. I saw a fox without its fur coat, just laying on the ground with its whole skin showing, with its muscles, blood and all. The camera even zoomed in on its face, and it stared right into the camera. It looked so...sad.

I don't say this often, but that got me so emotionally upset, I started crying. I've never seen something so awful in my life.

GOD DAMN IT.

I remember seeing this video. It made me sick to my stomach back then, and even thinking about it now makes me angry.

I don't want to join the "fuck China" brigade, because besides the fact that many in China object to this, a lot of other countries also permit callous and senseless cruelty to animals (and the Western world are not completely innocent either, thanks to our obsession with meat and the processes that come with producing it in huge quantities), but I'll just quote Mohandas Gandhi: "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

I know he was talking more about meat here, and why we shouldn't consume "flesh-food", but I think the point applies to China (and other nation's) treatment of animals for any reason. If it was for real medicine I'd find this hard to stomach, but for hocus pocus remedies... ugh. Intolerable.

mt1200

images

marrec

Banned
Do you understand there are strict rules and regulations in the United States from the Wild Life and Game Commission that regulates deer hunting? There isn't a connection between what China does to bears and what the United States does to deer. There is a deer overpopulation in some areas which is bad for coexistence.

The difference is deer are not driven to commit murder-suicides like these bears. That's quite a repulsive comparison your drawing and I'm failing to see your point which I'm usually quick to decipher.

I got a chuckle from "Oh Dear" upon reread though haha.

I specifically chose ground up deer antlers because it's a Western form of snake oil and the person I was responding too had declared 'fuck!' upon all forms of traditional Chinese snake oil.

Bear bile farming has been made illegal in many Asian countries and I'm sure there are strict rules and regulations surrounding it, but that doesn't stop abuse from happening. The same can likely (though this is an unfounded claim by me) be said for those that harvest deer antlers to use as their snake oil.

When you're business is based on scamming people out of money with animal byproducts then I'm going to question your morality in dealing with those animals. I'm very rarely wrong in that questioning, though in this particular instance deer antler grinding has not been monetized for long enough for us to have any evidence toward mistreatment.

I want these fucking bastards brought to justice. The videos will make one cringe in disgust at the human race.

And as an asian, it pisses me off even more we have these backward hicks still operating a business.

Or, in the case of meat-eating, one does not need to justify it with any type of religion. If it is "tasty", then everything is fine.

I do not see how we can still bring up some misdirections and place the blame on "religion", not the abusive practices themselves.

What religion is behind the meat factories? The religion of money? The religion of profits? Or the religion of "I do not care how it is made, as long as it is cheap"?
you missed the point of my post. I never said this was religions fault, not sure what your commenting on.

Religion is just an extension of our very human-centric view, which is what I was trying to show. People hold themselves above everything else and this extents to the way we treat other animals and the planet. Like they are disposal commodities. Our old way of thinking doesn't work anymore. All those things you commented show we take and take and take with no regard for the long term outcome. The long term repercussions of our actions are being felt in the way of global climate change, its only going to get worse

i didn't need to be reminded of this awful story

Actually, I'm glad someone has. The more people know about it the better.

I mean, sure it's a grey area that how we eat our pork/chicken/beef is that the animals that die don't suffer to death prior to it (we can only assume they are humanely put down) but once there's some evidence of torture, I think we'll be against it.

I don't think any one of us wants to see an animal tortured to death for absolute shit reasons.

SiteSeer

Actually, I'm glad someone has. The more people know about it the better.

I mean, sure it's a grey area that how we eat our pork/chicken/beef is that the animals that die don't suffer to death prior to it (we can only assume they are humanely put down) but once there's some evidence of torture, I think we'll be against it.

I don't think any one of us wants to see an animal tortured to death for absolute shit reasons.

assume anyway, but there are plenty of examples of how industrialized farm animals are mistreated before slaughter.

Dai Kaiju

bears are actually pretty intelligent (in terms of observed behaviour, they are quite close to primates) and the mercy killings could in their case consist of more than an instinctual survival mechanism.
How would mercy killings and especially suicide have anything to do with an instinctual survival mechanism? Killing yourself doesn't help you survive :p

Fuck traditional Chinese medicine. Fuck any kind of medicine that has no scientific merit. Poor bears.
Edit: and I'm pretty glad I don't eat pigs after reading about those gestation cages, man. I had no idea pigs could suffer from boredom and depression. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom