• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mythical Pokemon being distributed throughout 2016

JoeM86

Previously confirmed only for the US, it's now confirmed that Celebi and Jirachi will be distributed over Nintendo Network in Europe from March 1st through 24th and April 1st through 24th respectively

Hedge

Previously confirmed only for the US, it's now confirmed that Celebi and Jirachi will be distributed over Nintendo Network in Europe from March 1st through 24th and April 1st through 24th respectively

Thank goodness! That means I won't miss it like this months Mew. :(

Faenix1

Does US include Canada? Or is nothing passed the current Mew confirmed for Canada yet?

MicH

Good. Now please make all the rest obtainable through NN as well :p

Anfony O

They can't have given many of these out in Australia. Hit up another EB store for a friend today (one that usually happily gives multiples) and they ran out last night.
I picked one up yesterday from EB games burwood and ashfield after the ones in the city ran out.

Dishwalla

Banned
So you don't have to take in your 3ds to the store to get the card? Might try and see if I can get one tomorrow.

Also a long shot, but do we know whether or not the glitches in the VC releases of Red and Blue will be intact yet? Sure hope I'll still be able to get a Mew in those games.

Dad

So you don't have to take in your 3ds to the store to get the card? Might try and see if I can get one tomorrow.

Also a long shot, but do we know whether or not the glitches in the VC releases of Red and Blue will be intact yet? Sure hope I'll still be able to get a Mew in those games.

I sincerely doubt they'll fix bugs for a VC release, but we don't have any sort of confirmation

Pokemaniac

They're probably not going to fix them, but it should be noted that there is a non-zero chance that some of them may crash the emulator. The Mew glitch is likely safe (at least as long as you use it with a valid Pokemon), but some of the more exotic ones may suffer.

Red Fire

I tried to clone Mew, but all I got was this thing:

250px-150Mewtwo.png

Hahahaha got me laughing

Yrael

I have a Mew code (Australian) - if anyone has one spare, could I please exchange it for an Australian Hoopa code?

(I don't know if Aus codes are the same as EU codes...I'd assume they are given that they are both PAL region?)

I have a Mew code (Australian) - if anyone has one spare, could I please exchange it for an Australian Hoopa code?

(I don't know if Aus codes are the same as EU codes...I'd assume they are given that they are both PAL region?)

As long as there's no secondary condition line needing an EU Nintendo zone they are. You can even use EU NZone stuff if you can spoof the IDs right on Aus consoles.

BSsBrolly

Banned
Trying to find a code for my 10 year old, GameStop says they're "sold out." Wtf, is this limited to a certain amount? We called about 10 different stores and got nothing...

Chorazin

Trying to find a code for my 10 year old, GameStop says they're "sold out." Wtf, is this limited to a certain amount? We called about 10 different stores and got nothing...

Send me a PM if you still need one, I'll send you one when I get home today.

entremet

Sadly, in this internet age, a good amount of people go on eBay and sell the codes.

It's shitty since the codes are meant to be free.

The promotion is until the end of the month, so Nintendo may ship more cards. Otherwise, keep asking here. I'm sure someone would hook you up.

I'm gonna see if I can get some cards tomorrow for giveaways.

im_dany

Sadly, in this internet age, a good amount of people go on eBay and sell the codes.

It's shitty since the codes are meant to be free.

The promotion is until the end of the month, so Nintendo may ship more cards. Otherwise, keep asking here. I'm sure someone would hook you up.

I'm gonna see if I can get some cards tomorrow for giveaways.

Cards? Gamestop here (Italy) prints those codes on a receipt, like XBL codes.

I got two from two different stores, one for me and one for a friend that doesn't have a store next to him, they don't give more than one for each customer.

soccergod

Banned
does anyone have a code? i could use one. Also is it possible to breed the mew? i want to play with him from level 1 in ORAS since i havent played much of the game at all

NEO0MJ

does anyone have a code? i could use one. Also is it possible to breed the mew? i want to play with him from level 1 in ORAS since i havent played much of the game at all

The only legendary pokemon that could ever breed was Manaphy and all it gave you was a bunch of Phione who can't even evolve.

entremet

Cards? Gamestop here (Italy) prints those codes on a receipt, like XBL codes.

I got two from two different stores, one for me and one for a friend that doesn't have a store next to him, they don't give more than one for each customer.

They give us cards. They look like trading cards.

Wow, haven't touched a game since Pokemon X came out, but I will definitely be going for these.

Edit: Huh, didn't know they're limited. Kinda lame

Oxx

The dude in Game said that I could have 4 codes but for some reason I said I was okay with 1. Oh well.

I don't really know what I'll do with these Pokemon anyway. I haven't done much with X after finishing the story.

Koren

Well I guess Germany got the short end of the stick.
Germany or the whole Europe?

Edit: just saw that UK, Italy and Portugal are luckier...

That's really too bad, I'm on my way to the complete dex, and I'll only miss a couple of them, such as Mew :/ That's really, really disappointing.

Germany or the whole Europe?

That's really too bad, I'm on my way to the complete dex, and I'll only miss a couple of them, such as Mew :/ That's really, really disappointing.

Well the UK and Italy seemed to have got codes so far from what I saw so there might be something later, I'm not sure :/

kng3025

Anyone still looking for a NA mew code?

A5Z277PJ7ACEHX7X

If anyone is still looking for one, send me a PM. Might be able to grab a code or two on my way back from work.

Firestorm

Nintendo and Pokemon Company... When will you guys arrive in 21th century?
Not even GAF is willing to arrive in the 21st century. Every thread I see about retail cs digital people want physical copies of their games. As long as that happens, retailers remain an important relationship with which publishers must maintain. Your events aren't all gonna be online.

I got excited about finally getting a legit Mew, then found out that it's both region locked and limited to retail stores. I have an NA region 3DS and live in Australia, so I guess I am just out of luck.

fernoca

Nintendo and Pokemon Company... When will you guys arrive in 21th century?

Not even GAF is willing to arrive in the 21st century. Every thread I see about retail cs digital people want physical copies of their games. As long as that happens, retailers remain an important relationship with which publishers must maintain. Your events aren't all gonna be online.
Pretty much. As long as retail sales still make over 70% of the sales they need to maintain good relationships with retailers and events like this are done to drive sales to them.

Top Bottom