• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mythical Pokemon being distributed throughout 2016

Metroxed

What am I reading about cards and things being sold out?

In Spain it is being distributed through GAME and you just need to get into Nintendo Zone with your 3DS in the store and that's it. Heck, you don't even need to get into the store, I did it a couple of days ago and I was right outside, I got my code merely by getting into the Nintendo Zone 3DS app.

Are the distribution methods different in each country? I thought the only thing that changed was the retail chain that distributed the whole thing (Gamestop, GAME, etc.).

Kinsei

Banned

In Spain it is being distributed through GAME and you just need to get into Nintendo Zone with your 3DS in the store and that's it. Heck, you don't even need to get into the store, I did it a couple of days ago and I was right outside, I got my code merely by getting into the Nintendo Zone 3DS app.

Are the distribution methods different in each country? I thought the only thing that changed was the retail chain that distributed the whole thing (Gamestop, GAME, etc.).

Yes. Here in North America we get a card that has a code on it.

Don't really play Pokemon anymore but I love a Mew, so would appreciate a code if anyone has a spare.

I should still have a few Diancie's (gamestop) and a couple of shaymin (scrap), that I would be happy to trade if their isn't any schedule problems.

And not that I'm saying it should count for anything, but I did gaveaway around 50+ Diancie codes and 8 redeemed Shaymin's to GAF, during their respective events
Do you have access to an PAL region 3DS ? I may be able to find an extra code if you do.
Afraid I only have a NA one, Thanks though.

For those who went to GAME(UK) how does this work exactly?

Step 1) walk into game
Step 2) go up to the counter
Step 3) ask for a mew code
Step 4) ignore the bull about pre ordering any games whilst you're in the store and loyalty cards etc
Step 5) get code and leave
Step 6) try and never go there again

:)

Grabbed a Mew last night but didn't realize it would be level 100...so he won't listen to me with my two badges. haha

I just started Alpha Sapphire this week.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I finally got Mew. Ever since Blue I've wanted to get my hands on this mythological cat embryo and it's nice to finally add it to my collection / throw it in the bank and forget about it.

Yeah there are three methods of distribution.

1. Nintendo Zone. Unlimited codes, one per console. Ex. Spain, Portugal
2. Printed receipt. Unlimited codes, no limits on amount of codex you can personally obtain. Ex. UK
3. Code Card. Limited Codes, no limits on amount of codex you can personally obtain. Ex. US, Australia

Koren

I don't understand. How do you get your code then?
You don't, that's the trick, unfortunately ;)

I was joking about "distribution". Apparently, Nintendo France is really completely out of touch, nobody knows how (or even if) it'll be available in one way or another.

That's a pity, Mew is probably among the ones I wanted the most in the list :/

You don't, that's the trick, unfortunately ;)

I was joking about "distribution". Apparently, Nintendo France is really completely out of touch, nobody knows how (or even if) it'll be available in one way or another.

That's a pity, Mew is probably among the ones I wanted the most in the list :/
Wow. That is weird. France is a pretty major country with regards to Pokémon.

theexxs

Neo Member
Wow. That is weird. France is a pretty major country with regards to Pokémon.
That's incredible to say the least. I mean that's the country the newest generation was based off.

Really, Gamefreak/TPC/Nintendo NEEDS to dump these stupid store exclusive distributions, they are probably leaving out like half of the players.

Azuran

Banned
That's incredible to say the least. I mean that's the country the newest generation was based off.

Really, Gamefreak/TPC/Nintendo NEEDS to dump these stupid store exclusive distributions, they are probably leaving out like half of the players.

They're not going to as previously stated. At this point, people should be happy that they didn't decide to make all of them store exclusive.

Don't really play Pokemon anymore but I love a Mew, so would appreciate a code if anyone has a spare.

I should still have a few Diancie's (gamestop) and a couple of shaymin (scrap), that I would be happy to trade if their isn't any schedule problems.

And not that I'm saying it should count for anything, but I did gaveaway around 50+ Diancie codes and 8 redeemed Shaymin's to GAF, during their respective events.

Do you have access to an PAL region 3DS ? I may be able to find an extra code if you do.

Is there any way to get a shiny mew? My best mate is trying to get all 150/151 Pokemon in shiny form (I know he's insane) and well if I could get him a shiny Mew he'd be really happy

Anyone know of a way?

Hegarol

Is there any way to get a shiny mew? My best mate is trying to get all 150/151 Pokemon in shiny form (I know he's insane) and well if I could get him a shiny Mew he'd be really happy

Anyone know of a way?
They only way is to SR the one in Pokemon Emerald. All other Mews are direct event downloads and can never be shiny.

MegaMelon

Anyone know of a way?

Only legit way is to have a legit japanese Pokemon Emerald (maybe frlg as well) cart that obtained the Old Sea Map from a legit distribution many years ago. Then you can go to Birth island and reset till you get a blue mew.

Unfortunately that's an incredibly unlikely occurence. If you're willing to change ypur definition of what is and isn't legit then you have more leeway but that defeats the point of trying to get it in the first place imho. That said, they've started using shiny legends for special event distributions so maybe in the future your friend can nab one ^^

And not that I'm saying it should count for anything, but I did gaveaway around 50+ Diancie codes and 8 redeemed Shaymin's to GAF, during their respective events
Afraid I only have a NA one, Thanks though.

Could you hold on to one of those Diancies? I'm going to try to see if I can grab an extra Mew for you today.

Only legit way is to have a legit japanese Pokemon Emerald (maybe frlg as well) cart that obtained the Old Sea Map from a legit distribution many years ago. Then you can go to Birth island and reset till you get a blue mew.

Unfortunately that's an incredibly unlikely occurence. If you're willing to change ypur definition of what is and isn't legit then you have more leeway but that defeats the point of trying to get it in the first place imho. That said, they've started using shiny legends for special event distributions so maybe in the future your friend can nab one ^^

Wow I had no idea that's the only way to get a shiny mew alright...well what's the non legit way? If you don't mind me asking

JoeM86

Nintendo and Pokemon Company... When will you guys arrive in 21th century?

Yeah.

Instead of going to stores to get codes for Pokémon, we should all look forward to the game where we go outside to get Pokémon.

:p

Yeah you miss the point of most store exclusive distributions. These Mythicals I agree are un-necessary as store distributions, considering two thirds aren't, but in general...nope.

Wow I had no idea that's the only way to get a shiny mew alright...well what's the non legit way? If you don't mind me asking
If it's anything like how the Ditto I got off the GTS came into the world, it's probably better to not know*.

* Not only did it have perfect IVs, but it was nicknamed DO.NOT.TRADE, was holding a Destiny Knot and had been hatched by an original trainer by the name of BreedersOnly

I remember some scuttlebutt about the GTS not being very secure. If you spoofed it the right data, it could presumably deposit any Pokémon you like into any game. Provided the Pokémon was "legal" (i.e. didn't have an impossible move set or anything), there's no way the system would know.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah you miss the point of most store exclusive distributions.

It's 2016. There's no point to store exclusive distributions when you have an online network that can allow people to get that stuff from the comfort of their home even in the middle of a blizzard or heatwave. Please stop defending Nintendo for using 1990 tech in 2016.

JoeM86

It's 2016. There's no point to store exclusive distributions when you have an online network that can allow people to get that stuff from the comfort of their home even in the middle of a blizzard or heatwave. Please stop defending Nintendo for using 1990 tech in 2016.

The idea of these is not to just give Pokémon out.

MegaMelon

Of course, so the non-legit way would be to use some sort of cheating device like a gameshark or action replay to hack in the Old Sea Map item into an Emerald or Firered or LeafGreen cart. Then you can do the event normally, save before fighting mew then reset till it's shiny.

You could also simply use a cheating device to create a shiny mew directly.

I guess it depends on how 'legit' you'd want to have the Mew be. The closest you could get is using a japanese Emerald cart.

Fake Edit: I just remembered that some people many years back contacted nintendo and were able to have the items added directly by nintendo despite no event outside japan. Sadly they don't have the necessary equipment/are not willing to do so nowadays.

Real Edit: But don't lose hope completely! Recently they had a shiny Jirachi event for tanabata in japan I think and they also had a shiny genesect event for BW2. In addition, they've also given out shiny xerneas/yveltal a while back again for japan. I'm confident this is the start of a new trend so it may take a while but there's still a chance for getting a legit shiny mew in the future.

Akai__

Joe will never stop defending them, since he needs to be positive for his Pokemon website. It's pointless to argue with him.

Of course, so the non-legit way would be to use some sort of cheating device like a gameshark or action replay to hack in the Old Sea Map item into an Emerald or Firered or LeafGreen cart. Then you can do the event normally, save before fighting mew then reset till it's shiny.

You could also simply use a cheating device to create a shiny mew directly.

I guess it depends on how 'legit' you'd want to have the Mew be. The closest you could get is using a japanese Emerald cart.

Fake Edit: I just remembered that some people many years back contacted nintendo and were able to have the items added directly by nintendo despite no event outside japan. Sadly they don't have the necessary equipment/are not willing to do so nowadays.

Real Edit: But don't lose hope completely! Recently they had a shiny Jirachi event for tanabata in japan I think and they also had a shiny genesect event for BW2. In addition, they've also given out shiny xerneas/yveltal a while back again for japan. I'm confident this is the start of a new trend so it may take a while but there's still a chance for getting a legit shiny mew in the future.

Wow thank you for your time to reply!

Unfortunately we only have 3DS's :( guess we'll have to wait for Nintendo

Hello i'm in the US and i need some help with my 3ds. I can offer one, maybe more Mew codes if someone can help me with my problem.

My friend and i both have a 3ds xl and i have pokemon y and he has X (both are legit copies). My system can run gateway 3ds, so i am trying not to update my system. his friend accidentally updated his system a few months back so he cant really run 3ds gate way, but he can get the mew code to work if he updated again. he's got a blank file on pokemon x, so a restart for him is not a big deal.

Is there any workaround to get my mew code to work? can i even redeem multiple mew codes on the same game? is there any chance i can redeem mew codes on his system and somehow send them to my game?

going out to gamestop today, to get more mew codes. any help would be appreciated as i'd realllly love to collect all the mythical pokemon and not have to lose my savegame or update my system.
Thank you

wiibomb

Hello i'm in the US and i need some help with my 3ds. I can offer one, maybe more Mew codes if someone can help me with my problem.

My friend and i both have a 3ds xl and i have pokemon y and he has X (both are legit copies). My system can run gateway 3ds, so i am trying not to update my system. his friend accidentally updated his system a few months back so he cant really run 3ds gate way, but he can get the mew code to work if he updated again. he's got a blank file on pokemon x, so a restart for him is not a big deal.

Is there any workaround to get my mew code to work? can i even redeem multiple mew codes on the same game? is there any chance i can redeem mew codes on his system and somehow send them to my game?

going out to gamestop today, to get more mew codes. any help would be appreciated as i'd realllly love to collect all the mythical pokemon and not have to lose my savegame or update my system.
Thank you

use your game in your friends 3DS now that it's updated.

if you are pirating the game with gateway, I can't help you with that.

no, you can't redeem more than one code.

you can trade the mew to another game just like any other pokemon

Ahnez

Thank you
There is a way if your game is not digital

Just redeem your mew using your friend's 3DS

You cannot redeem multiple codes on the same game, only if you restart the game.

There is a way if your game is not digital

Just redeem your mew using your friend's 3DS

You cannot redeem multiple codes on the same game, only if you restart the game.

use your game in your friends 3DS now that it's updated.

if you are pirating the game with gateway, I can't help you with that.

no, you can't redeem more than one code.

you can trade the mew to another game just like any other pokemon

omg, thank you! i will do that. awesome.

fernoca

Joe will never stop defending them, since he needs to be positive for his Pokemon website. It's pointless to argue with him.
Is not defending though. Is explaining business practices and good relationship with retailers.

All publishers still do retailer incentives and preorder incentives. It has nothing to do with 1990 tech in 2016. Neither is just a Nintendo thing.

Or you forgot that the next 2 events are online? Then May is Gamestop again...then online again...and so on.

As has been explained this kind of things are to drive retail sales. Hence why they're releasing plushes, toys, cards and other things to purchase.

Retail sales still make at least 70% of the sales. So retailers always look for incentives...even actual money.

And this is coming from someone with no Gamestops around, so I have no way to just grab them outside asking online.

Soup Bar

I called up a local store and they still had some. Yeah it sucks you can't just download Mew from home but I get it. They want you to buy something in the store. If the clerk isn't a jack ass they shoukd give you the card without any trouble. I was in and out in 5 minutes after I browsed.

wiibomb

I called up a local store and they still had some. Yeah it sucks you can't just download Mew from home but I get it. They want you to buy something in the store. If the clerk isn't a jack ass they shoukd give you the card without any trouble. I was in and out in 5 minutes after I browsed.

I don't know the policies for these codes, but they should force anything on you for them, they have been free to grab.

are they even allowed to scalp the codes with purchases?

How long does the code last? My girlfriend is getting a 3DS soon and I bought her Omega Ruby, but I don't know if that 3DS will be coming before the end of February. So I was wondering if we could hold onto the code for her to use when she gets it, or if we should start an OR file for her to load it on now.

Soup Bar

I don't know the policies for these codes, but they should force anything on you for them, they have been free to grab.

are they even allowed to scalp the codes with purchases?

It's like how the Mcdouble gets you in the store so you'll buy something more expensive. The codes are free but they would like you to purchase something while you're there. But no you aren't required to buy anything.

JoeM86

How long does the code last? My girlfriend is getting a 3DS soon and I bought her Omega Ruby, but I don't know if that 3DS will be coming before the end of February. So I was wondering if we could hold onto the code for her to use when she gets it, or if we should start an OR file for her to load it on now.

Code expires on May 31st

b3b0p

Tried Gamestop in Austin, TX. They said all stores were out. I checked eBay and they are going between $5 and $15 it looks like, asking price anyway.

Are people on here sharing codes? If so, anyone got an extra they want to share?

wiibomb

in case you are still looking for a code and don't find any, people on ebay are selling them at $3-$5

I know, but that might be the only option if no one else comes to help

I knew I said I was gonna wait til Feb.23 but it turns out I had to go to Gamestop to pick up Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm and....

Ca4b_Y4W0AARpEr.jpg

Willing to give away 7 of these...just be the first 7 to quote this and I'll PM you a code

NOTE: THESE ARE NA CODES

also I want those who are lucky to quote me not have a mew, want to make sure at least some in this thread get a mew so those who got one from me before are disqualified.

Edit: internet is still giving me fits so might take some time to get back to you...

I knew I said I was gonna wait til Feb.23 but it turns out I had to go to Gamestop to pick up Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm and....

Ca4b_Y4W0AARpEr.jpg

Willing to give away 7 of these...just be the first 7 to quote this and I'll PM you a code

also I want those who are lucky to quote me not have a mew, want to make sure at least some in this thread get a mew so those who got one from me before are disqualified.

Edit: internet is still giving me fits so might take some time to get back to you...

Still hoping for one myself, thanks :)

Ca4b_Y4W0AARpEr.jpg

I'll take one, if that okay. Thanks for your generosity!

Top Bottom