• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mythical Pokemon being distributed throughout 2016

WPS

Mew can't learn Defog or Soft-boiled in Gen VI.

Soft-boiled isn't a problem, since Roost is an identical replacement in 99.9% of situations (unless you are deathly afraid of imprison swoobat/kyurem).

Stuff like Defog and Fake-Out being unavailable are pretty damning though.

I kind of wish there was an alternative to Smogon which focused more on battling with cartridges and covered a greater degree of formats, offering the next best alternatives and advice for situations where you really want to use a specific mon but don't have access to certain key moves or have slightly imperfect IVs.

Smogon is the best there is at what it does, but what it does is overly specific.

kng3025

IIRC, one of its main use is defogger, so defog if you want to go that way... Soft-boiled for durability. Psychic for STAB. It's an interesting Will-O-Wisp user, too.

I think it's more cute than really great, though... I'd still welcome it for some variability, although with random IV, you could get a pretty bad one.

If you tried to send me a PM, I haven't received anything. Indeed, you may have a problem :/

Damn, that's lame. How would I go about contacting a mod about this issue, anyone know?

Also, sorry to Chase17 and hitmon. Sent you guys codes via PM but I'm having issues, as you can see. I thought you guys received them. Still have the slip with the codes laying around somewhere so if you guys still haven't got Mews, I'll be more than happy to send you the codes once I get this sorted out.

RomanceDawn

So I went to visit another GameStop today and the guy said he wasn't sure if they would get more Mew cards but he is expecting them.

Like the dragonite promotion that went on a while ago, the original stick went out quick but half way through the promotion Nintendo brought in more. So he expects the same with Mew.

Hegarol

So I went to visit another GameStop today and the guy said he wasn't sure if they would get more Mew cards but he is expecting them.

Like the dragonite promotion that went on a while ago, the original stick went out quick but half way through the promotion Nintendo brought in more. So he expects the same with Mew.
Thats how it works in Germany. Our gamestops can reorder as much as they want. The one next to me got like 300 Hoopa codes. More than enough to last through the entire timespan.

Ventara

So I've been getting back into Pokemon recently thanks to that Pokemon Picross game. I think I know the answer, but just to confirm, with these 11 Pokemon that they're giving out, along with XY and ORAS, I can complete the Pokedex, correct? If so, I think I'd like to make that a goal. XY was already a huge improvement, but ORAS just blows it out of the water (so far, still playing).

Hegarol

So I've been getting back into Pokemon recently thanks to that Pokemon Picross game. I think I know the answer, but just to confirm, with these 11 Pokemon that they're giving out, along with XY and ORAS, I can complete the Pokedex, correct? If so, I think I'd like to make that a goal. XY was already a huge improvement, but ORAS just blows it out of the water (so far, still playing).
Correct. The only one missing is Volcanion which is due to be distributed at the end of the year.

Pokemaniac

Event exclusive Pokemon actually don't count towards Pokedex completion as far as the game is concerned.

Though, you should have all of them assuming you also got Diancie and Hoopa when they were available, and if you get Volcanion when it becomes available (probably sometime this year).

Ventara

Event exclusive Pokemon actually don't count towards Pokedex completion as far as the game is concerned.

Though, you should have all of them assuming you also got Diancie and Hoopa when they were available, and if you get Volcanion when it becomes available (probably sometime this year).

Noooo, I missed Hoopa. When was that given out? Same time as when they were giving away Gengar and Diancie at Gamestop?

Edit: Looking around, it was a promotion with Mcdonalds? Maaan, just when I thought I'd be able to catch them all.

Glix

Grabbed Mew yesterday and they even let me have one for my buddy too!!

Would be a little more exciting if I hadn't been so careful in the past to do whatever was necessary to bring my pokes from generation to generation.

RomanceDawn

Noooo, I missed Hoopa. When was that given out? Same time as when they were giving away Gengar and Diancie at Gamestop?

Edit: Looking around, it was a promotion with Mcdonalds? Maaan, just when I thought I'd be able to catch them all.

You can still catch em all. It may require a trade but sometimes you can find some really generous people. Most people are jerks but every now and then you'll find someone who is just happy to help out without wanting something absolutely ridiculous in return.

Ventara

You can still catch em all. It may require a trade but sometimes you can find some really generous people. Most people are jerks but every now and then you'll find someone who is just happy to help out without wanting something absolutely ridiculous in return.

I suppose that's my only option for now. Doubt Nintendo will be giving away Hoopa again anytime soon.

RomanceDawn

See! You can always count on the kindness of strangers!

It's always nice to see people just pay the good will forward. I remember searching desperately for a Regigigas and people wanted an arm and leg for it, things that I just didn't have. like Mewtwo with 5 31iv's and such. Then one random guy/girl was like, sure I've got extra, you can have it for basically nothing.

I've done the same ever since.

Koren

Noooo, I missed Hoopa.
Missed both Hoopa and Diancie. I should follow more closely Pokemon news... I'm not really fond of this kind of distribution (I far prefer hard quests or even random island like in ORAS), but at least, I'll be able to get a couple I've missed in the past this year...

Out of curiosity, for online "gifts", it's one per game or one per console?

Koren

Every once in awhile I think about going for all 721. Then that number starts to sink in...
I was a bit surprised, but getting to ~670 isn't that time consuming. I think I put more time in *each* Disgaea.

The last ones (mostly legendaries) wouldn't be bad either if I wasn't SR them...

And it's probably FAR more quick if you use trading (decided against myself, although I wondertrade several near-perfect breeded mons)

And I actually enjoyed the hunt. Putting all of them in the last four games was a great idea.

Pachimari

I hate getting Pokémon through trading, as I don't feel I got them the right way.

I'm okay with event Pokémon like these, I'll put them in a folder.

Koren

I hate getting Pokémon through trading, as I don't feel I got them the right way.
Same for me... I'd also be able to keep my ID from game to game so that I can remain the original trainer... I tend to breed them again each time I transfer them :/

btkadams

Oh so now we have to actually go inside to get code cards? Lame. I liked parking out front and doing the wireless transfer in the past.

Ventara

Big, big, BIG thank you to KarasuEXE for giving me a free Hoopa! With his help, collecting all Pokemon is within reach again. Really awesome dude!

tornjaw

I have two extra codes (NA). Gotta repay GAF for all it has done for me,

First two to quote gets it.

EDIT - Gone and codes sent out. Remember to pay it forward when you can!

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I have two extra codes (NA). Gotta repay GAF for all it has done for me,

First two to quote gets it.

I could use one. Got screwed with my card because it was blank/empty. Not sure how that could even happen really. I know I didn't scratch THAT hard.

Joqu

I still need a spare EU Mew too. Normally I'd be able to get one without any problems but this time I won't be able to get to a Game Mania store in time over here. :/

Ventara

I just learned cloning Pokemon is a thing. The fuck? I would have thought Nintendo would have been really careful with something like this. Now I'm debating whether I should clone my brother's Yveltal or just play Y.

dpunk3

They didn't release Darkrai in October.... I know this is international, but seems like kind of a missed opportunity here.

Top Bottom