• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF March 8th/11th Caucus Thread (Wyoming + Mississippi = OBAMATON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

gcubed said:
no way. They are actually say that she expects to win by 19%? Are they stupid?
I don't think she's saying that, though some places (like Kos) are trying to set the bar there. That's just an analysis of how the delegates breakdown based on the current SUSA poll. It will definately be closer.

Cheebs

While looking at how fast these threads move...can someone explain how the hell we dont have a 2008 Campaign sticky yet?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
How many more legacies can the Hillary Clinton campaign take down with it? Thing is like the the god damn Hindenburg.

gcubed

GhaleonEB said:
I don't think she's saying that, though some places (like Kos) are trying to set the bar there. That's just an analysis of how the delegates breakdown based on the current SUSA poll. It will definately be closer.

ah ok, that would be a pretty lofty and unattainable goal for her.

Has any news institution done the delegate breakdown of the districts in PA? I know Philly has more delegates then any other district and he will win here. Didnt know how it would work out...

Macam

Banned
An amusing post: Hillary Clinton Is From Pennsylvania...Not IL...Or AR...Or NY...Or TX.... For the lazy, the actual poll reads:

DKos said:
Where Is Hillary Clinton from?

Illinois
Arkansas
New York
Texas
Pennsylvania
Another state with an important primary, as soon as the Pennsylvania primary is over

While I understand what she's trying to do, it's all rather silly. On a side note, I have no idea what you all have been talking about for 45 pages. Christ, it's actually been a fairly slow news cycle this last week or so.

Rur0ni

031208DailyUpdateGraph1.gif

Edit: Seems CNN has stopped updating.

Mississippi:

100,123 net gain for Obama.

v1cious

Banned
Tamanon said:
:lol The actual letter she wrote to resign:
The Obama campaign is attacking me to hurt you.

I won't let that happen.

:lol

it's like she has some deranged lesbian obsession with her. it's creepy.

mrmyth

maximum360 said:
I don't know if this was alresy posted. 24% of Hillary's vote came from Republicans (per Hardball).

I'd almost rather the Republicans brought her close in MS. This would be the deciding factor for the superdelegates, having to stop opposition shenanigans from selecting their nominee.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
That Clinton memo has to be one of the most epic spins, if not the most epic outright lie, I have ever seen. IIt makes the Iraq war spin look tame. Obama on a downward spiral? Really?

JCreasy

Slurpy said:
That Clinton memo has to be one of the most epic spins, if not the most epic outright lie, I have ever seen. IIt makes the Iraq war spin look tame. Obama on a downward spiral? Really?

i know right. it's insulting because it assumes we're all stupid and that we haven't been paying attention to what's going on.

i agree with adam carolla. the clintons definitely suffer from some kind of personality disorder -- some form of advanced narcissism where they expect the world to play by their rules and their rules only ("i'm too smart to get caught letting this fat little intern suck my dick"). their behavior during this campaign has been outright dysfunctional.

Seth C

Tamanon said:
:lol The actual letter she wrote to resign:

:lol

Looks like someone needs to learn what a paragraph is. Oh, wait, that's right -- she's never strung two consecutive ideas together.

I just had a crazy thought.

What if Clinton was continuing with her campaign to make Obama stronger and build up the Democratic base even more? I mean, would places like PA and beyond get the same kind of attention and turn-out if the contest was over March 4th? April? Most likely not.

And yet for all that Clinton is doing to help the democratic party, she only receives hate and scorn...

55p2e1.jpg

Never forget

Seth C

maximum360 said:
I don't know if this was alresy posted. 24% of Hillary's vote came from Republicans (per Hardball).

Who are, I'm guessing, mostly white. Which helps explain the sudden turn in Obama's white support -- they aren't even supporting his party!

JCreasy

Omar Ismail said:

What if Clinton was continuing with her campaign to make Obama stronger and build up the Democratic base even more? I mean, would places like PA and beyond get the same kind of attention and turn-out if the contest was over March 4th? April? Most likely not.

And yet for all that Clinton is doing to help the democratic party, she only receives hate and scorn...

55p2e1.jpg

Never forget

wow, if real life were a video game, that would be freakin awesome!!

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Omar Ismail said:

Never forget

Don't quit your day job.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
What time is Olbermann's Clinton ownage tonight?

I must see

GhaleonEB

When the Obama adviser made the monster comment, she made an apology and said it had no place in the campaign when she stepped down. This woman is playing the victim card - poor pitiful me the black man is attacking me! - and stepping aside with a big "fuck you". It's a perfect reflection of the differences between their campaigns.

Slurpy said:

ABCNews -- Hook, line and sinker!
The Clinton campaign plans to use the coming six-week gap in primary voting to aggressively push its case that Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., lacks the necessary experience to be president as the superdelegates loom by far as the most important voters in the race.

After Obama's Tuesday win in Mississippi, the strategy of defining the Illinois senator while the delegate count stays essentially frozen reflects a belief by Sen. Hillary Clinton's campaign advisers — after withstanding perhaps the roughest month of Clinton's presidential campaign — that the New York senator now has a powerful ally on her side: time.

Waiting It Out

Mississippi marks the last primary or caucus for a six-week stretch — by far the longest pause in this year's nomination fight.

That gives Clinton a chance to battle Obama without time pressures that magnify every moment on the trail, allowing her to make a deliberate and methodical case in favor of her candidacy — and against Obama's.

"When a team comes from far behind to tie it, that team usually comes back and does well," said Chris Lehane, a Democratic strategist with close ties to the Clinton campaign. "This period is going to cause people to really think through who is best able to match up with John McCain."

Obama has drawn considerable momentum in the race by winning caucuses and primaries.

His victory in Saturday's Wyoming caucus, coupled with another win in Mississippi, mean he's on track to reclaim most or all of the delegates he lost with Clinton's resounding victories in the far larger states of Ohio and Texas last week.

But Clinton's campaign has proved more adept at seizing control of the race when no one is voting.

Just in the past few weeks, Clinton has kept pressure on Obama with a stinging TV ad suggesting he's unprepared to serve as commander in chief; left him on the defensive over NAFTA and controversial comments made by a high-level foreign-policy adviser; and made headlines by suggesting publicly that Obama could be considering as her running mate.

That's just page 1.

PS. Any article that features a quote from "Democratic" strategist Chris Lehane should be laughed at for a few minutes then tossed into the circular file.

PPS. The comments are hilarious.

SexConker

Banned
Has anyone thought of this yet:
Kill Bill Part 3: Kill Hill.
?

Someone, photoshop, kill bill dvd cover, hillary.

Edit - If Clinton wins the nomination, every single Obamanite will just write in Obama in November. The same can not be said for Hillary.

maynerd

Banned
Can someone from Hillary's camp provide something that shows what her experience is and why it's so much better than Obama's?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I don't get Hillary playing the victim card, it may work with Woman to some extent, but in the world stage, are people going to back off and be nice because she is a woman?

GhaleonEB

Incognito said:
ABCNews -- Hook, line and sinker!

That's just page 1.

PS. Any article that features a quote from "Democratic" strategist Chris Lehane should be laughed at for a few minutes then tossed into the circular file.

PPS. The comments are hilarious.

That gives Clinton a chance to battle Obama without time pressures that magnify every moment on the trail, allowing her to make a deliberate and methodical case in favor of her candidacy — and against Obama's.
Doesn't it do the same for Obama? :lol

SexConker

Banned
maynerd said:
Can someone from Hillary's camp provide something that shows what her experience is and why it's so much better than Obama's?

You know they can't.

Suikoguy said:
I don't get Hillary playing the victim card, it may work with Woman to some extent, but in the world stage, are people going to back off and be nice because she is a woman?

The fact that she has a vagina (many scientists dispute this fact) is all she's got left going for her.

JCreasy

npm0925 said:
Ferraro having a meltdown on NBC news right now. She just said that the Obama campaign owes her an apology.

WTF!!!!!

HELL NO!

Now I'm convinced that none of this is an accident but a calculated way to bring "blackness" back into the campaign. No one is this delusional.

I really don't see how Hillary can close the gap enough to win.

If the final difference were 5 or 10 pledged delegates, I could see her camp calling it a 'statistical tie' and saying the supers should decide. But if the pledged delegate difference is over a 100, having the supers vote Hillary in as the nominee would just be so unfair that tons of people would sit out the election. If Hillary loses the nomination to Obama, I just don't think the Hillary supporters have nearly as much of a case to say they were ripped off.

I think Hillary's last hope is to win more popular votes than Obama, that is the only way I can see her winning . . . but that looks pretty darned remote.

She should just throw in the towel.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
syllogism said:
CNN.com Developing Story: Geraldine Ferraro is leaving the Hillary Clinton campaign in the wake of a controversy regarding her remarks about Barack Obama.

finally.. she just kept digging herself deeper and deeper with her comments.

EDIT

aaaanndd.. looks like she hasnt stopped! .

wow..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom