• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF March 8th/11th Caucus Thread (Wyoming + Mississippi = OBAMATON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishman

Omar Ismail said:
I just had a crazy thought.

What if Clinton was continuing with her campaign to make Obama stronger and build up the Democratic base even more? I mean, would places like PA and beyond get the same kind of attention and turn-out if the contest was over March 4th? April? Most likely not.

And yet for all that Clinton is doing to help the democratic party, she only receives hate and scorn...

55p2e1.jpg

Never forget
Hahahaha that would be crazy. :lol :lol :lol

JCreasy

mosaic said:
Wow, I found an article by a woman that basically sums up everything my female friends have been saying to me, very emotionally, ever since Super Tuesday:

http://www.womensmediacenter.com/ex/020108.html

Basically, it hits all of the race, gender, age, and experience complaints in one massive "Hillary is losing" style whine.

Ok. What's funny is that the woman that wrote this doesn't realize she sounds like the Louis Farrakhan of feminism. And like Farrakhan, she sounds insane to sane people.

Amir0x

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Com'n cable GAF, you got to explain what is going on to us poor gaf folk

He is tearing apart every aspect of Hillary adviser's strategy.

Saying she is essentially running as a Republican against a Democrat; her entire campaign now has undertones of racism and supports it and encourages it; suggests her creed of experience is absolute fucking bullshit in every regard; suggests that Ferraro's comments have a history of racism, and in deciding to only "disagree and reject" her comments she has in basic supported it. Said her campaign is a SUICIDE PACT.

Basically tore apart EVERYTHING her campaign has stood for, and used the Ferraro comments as a culmination of this point. She is, in fact, the Republican candidate - she is no better, at least, and Olbermann highlighted it.

JCreasy

damn mos def gotta watch this on the repeat tonight.

i hope huff gets it up because i got a 45 minute drive to get home.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Amir0x said:
He is tearing apart every aspect of Hillary adviser's strategy.

Saying she is essentially running as a Republican against a Democrat; her entire campaign now has undertones of racism and supports it and encourages it; suggests her creed of experience is absolute fucking bullshit in every regard; suggests that Ferraro's comments have a history of racism, and in deciding to only "disagree and reject" her comments she has in basic supported it. Said her campaign is a SUICIDE PACT.

Basically tore apart EVERYTHING her campaign has stood for, and used the Ferraro comments as a culmination of this point. She is, in fact, the Republican candidate - she is no better, at least, and Olbermann highlighted it.

ooooo

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
wow

Like, for real, that shit. WOW. Olbermann just summed up EVERYTHING wrong with Hillary's campaign in one swift smack across the face of her and her supporters. Sheeeeeeeeeeeit.

Tamanon

Banned
v1cious said:
i knew people were hyping this up but... fuck. she really has no choice but to respond to this.

The good thing he did at least was point the whole firestorm was aimed at her advisors, not her.

mosaic said:
Wow, I found an article by a woman that basically sums up everything my female friends have been saying to me, very emotionally, ever since Super Tuesday:

http://www.womensmediacenter.com/ex/020108.html

Basically, it hits all of the race, gender, age, and experience complaints in one massive "Hillary is losing" style whine.

yeah, a woman I know (of the "feminist variety") posted this article on her facebook a while back (it was originally from February 2nd). We're cool, but I pretty much avoid any politics related conversations with her :lol

Amir0x

Banned
You know it's bad when Keith Olbermann decides to tear apart a Democrat in his special comment.

And this is the first time he's ever done it.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amir0x said:
You know it's bad when Keith Olbermann decides to tear apart a Democrat in his special comment.

And this is the first time he's ever done it.

Not to mention he prefaced it by giving gratitude to the Clintons first and foremost.

Tamanon

Banned
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Pat Buchanan is getting crankier and crankier.

He even told another woman to shut up, first time I've seen him do that.:lol

Amir0x

Banned
By way of necessary preface, President and Senator Clinton -- and the Senator's mother, and the Senator's brother -- were of immeasurable support to me at the moments when these very commentaries were the focus of the most surprise, the most uncertainty, and the most anger. My gratitude to them is abiding.

Do they have Senator Clinton herself compare the remark to Al Campanis talking on Nightline -- on Jackie Robinson day –- about how blacks lacked the necessities to become baseball executives, while she points out that Barock Obama has not gotten his 1600 delegates as part of some kind of Affirmative Action plan?
(snip)
Do these advisors have Senator Clinton invoke Samantha Power -- gone by sunrise after she used the word "monster" -- and have Senator Clinton say, "this is how I police my campaign and this is what I stand for," while she fires former Congresswoman Ferraro from any role the campaign?
No.
Somebody tells her that simply disgreeing with and rejecting the remarks is sufficient.
And she should then call, "regrettable," words that should make any Democrat retch.

It sounds as if those advisors want their campaign to be associated with those words, and the cheap... ignorant... vile... racism that underlies every syllable.
And that Geraldine Ferraro has just gone free-lance.
Senator Clinton:
This is not a campaign strategy.
This is a suicide pact.

excerpts

FoeHammer

Tamanon said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Pat Buchanan is getting crankier and crankier.

He even told another woman to shut up, first time I've seen him do that.:lol

Maddow just jumped in his shit for that and made him look like a fool.

teiresias

Bill needs to jump in and put an end to this - otherwise he'll only be remembered as the President who was able to put his wife in a position to destroy the democratic party.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
teiresias said:
Bill needs to jump in and put an end to this - otherwise he'll only be remembered as the President who was able to put his wife in a position to destroy the democratic party.

I don't think Bill has that power honestly

npm0925

teiresias said:
Bill's a bigger scumbag than Hillary is. He's the one who put her campaign on the racist path it is on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom