• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Maps Revealed (And The Rest Tomorrow)

Nirolak said:
Karkand isn't actually done yet, so we probably won't see them for a month or two.

Christmas is probably the safe bet. Wouldn't be surprised if Modern Warfares first map pack hits then too.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Where the fuck are the rain and snow maps? Hopefully tomorrow if not ...

pre-order canceled.

Aeonin

Mr. Snrub said:
This is a pretty good article on difference from Beta to a more current version. However, depending on which map you played, there was a good deal missing/that will be changed in the final.

Seriously, thank god you posted that. I was contemplating cancelling my pre-order after that Beta fiasco (on PS3) - I still think it was incredibly stupid of them to release that - but now I'm a bit more confident the final product will be outstanding.

Can't wait.

Aeonin said:
Seriously, thank god you posted that. I was contemplating cancelling my pre-order after that Beta fiasco (on PS3) - I still think it was incredibly stupid of them to release that - but now I'm a bit more confident the final product will be outstanding.

Can't wait.

Oh oh oh! One more little bit of info I didn't even notice the first time I read it:

Frostbite 2 was in full effect in terms of destruction. Buildings were tumbling down, everything was being destroyed around me in most every map I played.

ultron87

That cliff map looks phenomenal.

How does Conquest mode work on Metro? Do they open the map up more so it isn't a straight line or is it just one section of the Rush mode?

spk

TheSeks said:
Er-they're adding indestructible cover to Rush defense... which is sorely needed for balance and gameplay reasons and you're bitching about it?

From those articles, they aren't really "nerfing damage" as you say. They're shifting the damage to be less "map is completely leveled" in Rush, which is needed to have fair play and moving the M-COM/crates into open areas or at least places where they won't collapse and... GIVE THE DEFENSE A CHANCE TO WIN.

Again... I'm not seeing the problem here? Have some of you sunk 700 hours into the game like some of us have and have seen games that were "LOL C4 THE CRATE BUILDING." "LOL JIHAD THE CRATE TO DESTROY THE BUILDING." ... "WAIT SHIT THERE IS AT MINES THERE NOW! RPG THE BUILDING TO MAKE IT COLLAPSE! LOLZ!"

NO ONE goes for the crates unless they're OPEN in BC2 anymore and even then they attempt to cheese it with C4 instead of attempting to arm and hold. Something has to give for that mode. If they're adding indestructible cover to give the defense the chance for that mode while keeping "level everything" hide and seek conquest, I'm fine with it.
I wasn't complaining about anything. People were surprised to hear that destruction had been lowered so I provided links. What are you so upset about

We don't know what Karkand looks like yet right? Hopefully we get a glimpse of it tomorrow.

DAMAVAND PEAK : O

I only liked rush mode on one map in BC2, but I have to admit Metro was good and a lot more fun than any BC2 rush mode.

But Damavand Peak sounds like it is going to be fantastic in both modes. Base jumping down for the second stage of Rush, and especially having a conquest capture point that is only accessible by helicopter should both be amazing.

woober

I H8 Memes said:
DAMAVAND PEAK : O

I only liked rush mode on one map in BC2, but I have to admit Metro was good and a lot more fun than any BC2 rush mode.

But Damavand Peak sounds like it is going to be fantastic in both modes. Base jumping down for the second stage of Rush, and especially having a conquest capture point that is only accessible by helicopter should both be amazing.

Imagining the defenders having to fall back by base jumping down to their next MCOM sounds amazing. That and the attackers base jumping down after the defenders. It may be the only map I'll be willing to play Rush mode on.

Mr. Snrub said:
Oh oh oh! One more little bit of info I didn't even notice the first time I read it:

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/cfs...0_bad_5F00_company/MP003_2D00_1_2D00_1280.jpg

I bet those buildings on the lower parts of the pic are fully destructible.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/cfs...mpany/OperationFirestorm_2D00_2_2D00_1280.jpg

I doubt that the the factory and construction buildings will be destructible, just like in BC2. I would jump for joy if they can be destroyed.

Violater

Digital-Hero said:
Looks so good. Now that is the playground I like for urban warfare. Hopefully we can go on the raise highways and shoot at people below? =P
Hopefully we can bring the whole fucking thing down if that's the case.
Doubtful though as I don't see any pathways leading up there, which is typical of a highway.

Ezduo

Banned
Holy shit at the mountain picture! We need more maps that place a bigger emphasis on the vertical plain than just making giant maps that are flat. A map with a giant office building in the middle or something. Fuck yeah.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Nostalgia~4ever said:
say what you want about bf3 but all maps except for metro looks fantastic
The last outdoor section of Metro looks pretty good. I don't think the beta had the ultra textures. The version I played at PAX looked a lot better.

Violater

Good thing attackers start at the top of the hill in base jump, gives everyone a fighting chance, hopefully the map winds so snipers don't gain too much of an advantage.

Pat said:

Agreed

PjotrStroganov said:
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/cfs...0_bad_5F00_company/MP003_2D00_1_2D00_1280.jpg

I bet those buildings on the lower parts of the pic are fully destructible.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/cfs...mpany/OperationFirestorm_2D00_2_2D00_1280.jpg

I doubt that the the factory and construction buildings will be destructible, just like in BC2. I would jump for joy if they can be destroyed.

While demoing Operation Firestorm recently the guy used his RPG to blast a hole in an exterior wall so he could attack a tank from the second floor. There will be destructibility, but you wont be able to take down any of the major buildings.

As it should be. A factory of that size would take a lot of damage before it fell. But I would like it if there were more minor building surrounding the area that could be taken down. Maybe in BF4 we will see more of those kinds of buildings, but as it stands now they really are pushing multi-player gaming to the limits and I could understand if it is just a problem with power or perhaps time considering they are on a new version of the engine.

Violater said:
Good thing attackers start at the top of the hill in base jump, gives everyone a fighting chance, hopefully the map winds so snipers don't gain too much of an advantage.

I'm guessing the attackers wont be able to spawn up there anymore after the second stage of rush opens. But for conquest it could be a problem. Then again it would put a premium on holding that flag.

Looking great. Can't wait to see the other 5 tomorrow. Thank God that all the maps are playable in all modes this time around. My body is most certainly ready.

Jburton

Banned
I am hyped up even more for this game ........ those maps look awesome, can't wait to see the other 5 tomorrow.

Have never had a reason to doubt this game or my pre order, these maps and the rest tomorrow plus the free expansion pack .......... MP heaven!

This game has definitely got it all, infantry slanted maps like metro and the bigger all out Battlefield maps we know and love.

Come on release date!

Nizz

Mr. Snrub said:
This is a pretty good article on difference from Beta to a more current version. However, depending on which map you played, there was a good deal missing/that will be changed in the final.
Reading this from that preview...
Caspian Border – Conquest (PS3)

Though DICE has said the map has been scaled down to fit consoles still, felt very large. Environment looked the same as PC, objectives seem closer than the PC counterpart, that’s really the only difference.
Lighting effects were phenomenal on this map. Found myself blinded by the sun more than once in a dogfight.
24 players still felt really fun on this map. I didn’t find myself having to search for people to kill.

...I hope some footage of this pops up tomorrow. Would love to see how Caspian holds up on PS3.

purple cobra said:
Reading this from that preview...

...I hope some footage of this pops up tomorrow. Would love to see how Caspian holds up on PS3.

Yeah, we should be getting footage of the five maps shown at the Nvidia event all this weekend.

EVIL

Nostalgia~4ever said:
You know what is stopping dice from releasing a 128 player map as dlc?
A large map with tons of vehicles, destructibility +128 players.. I think its a bit much, and 64 players seems to work pretty well.

J-Rzez

purple cobra said:

So would I. I'm getting it on the PC no doubts, but I'm still curious how they "scaled" the maps for consoles as it's critical with their gimped player counts.

JJD

I'm sooooooooo going to parachute out of a jeep on that Damavand Peak cliff!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless the chute is a lvl. 35 unlock! Then it will take some time! Lol!

MNC

jizz jizz jizz

I will call the map Base Jump henceforth (because I already forgot the real name)

Looks fucking awesome. Wish Steam would come through soon :(

Top Bottom