• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Maps Revealed (And The Rest Tomorrow)

Marleyman

Banned
I get married on the 22nd and the game comes out the 25th; no honeymoon until the middle of November. I am so hyped for this.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Marleyman said:
I get married on the 22nd and the game comes out the 25th; no honeymoon until the middle of November. I am so hyped for this.
The way that's phrased kind of implies that you're more hyped about BF3 than your honeymoon.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Tehran, WOW!

I guess the only way to get to the top of Damavand Peak would be in a heli or jet, or maybe it is a spawn point for one of the teams. Looks pretty incredible and I can't wait to glide off of it.

5 more maps tomorrow? Yes, yes, yes!

Arcipello

the face on this guy is really nice! although i seem to remember all the soldiers in the beta just had masks and goggles on...would be nice to see full faces like this.

OperationMetro_2D00_1_2D00_1280.jpg

as for the Damavand peak... that would be based on the little guy in the background of this image :)

20060202143853_damavand.jpg

RbBrdMan said:
Tehran, WOW!

I guess the only way to get to the top of Damavand Peak would be in a heli or jet, or maybe it is a spawn point for one of the teams. Looks pretty incredible and I can't wait to glide off of it.

I'm wishing for this so hard

Menelaus

Banned
RbBrdMan said:
I guess the only way to get to the top of Damavand Peak would be in a heli or jet, or maybe it is a spawn point for one of the teams.
Kyaw said:
The peak is the base for the defenders.

Yup, no one reads anymore confirmed.

Attackers in Rush and Squad Rush will start high up on a mountain ridge above a mining facility. The only way down into the valley is to somehow make the 500 meter descent.

EVIL

Menelaus said:
It makes me so sad knowing they won't put a jeep up there on Damavand...
I do see a forklift which reminds me that they where drive able in bf2: special forces, so who knows!

RbBrdMan said:
Tehran, WOW!

Don't kid yourself. I have no hopes of getting onto the peak in conquest. It probably is one stage in the rush mode. Conquest will probably take place in lower parts of the map.

Arcipello

Kyaw said:
The peak is the base for the defenders.

wrong!

"Attackers in Rush and Squad Rush will start high up on a mountain ridge above a mining facility. The only way down into the valley is to somehow make the 500 meter descent."

regardless it will be a base to attack and defend when it comes to conquest.... its going to be VERY epic trying to defend that place from all the helicopters and possible jets :D

Marleyman

Banned
SapientWolf said:
The way that's phrased kind of implies that you're more hyped about BF3 than your honeymoon.

I am hyped that I get to play BF3 because I am not going on a honeymoon immediately.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
bigboss370 said:
i'm with you man. would love to have storm level too.

As far as the rain, one of the new ps3 gameplay videos I watched yesterday seemed like a rain map. I forget what the name of it was, maybe bazaar?

edit: ^^ The one Snrub just linked. Rain.

Really hope they have dedicated NV equipment--maybe that's why it's a bright night? Otherwise, the IRNV is going to be THE optic that everyone uses in the night map.

Can't wait to see night battles on Tehran--night battles in ARMA2 were godly. The muzzle flares are already a pretty big part in spotting enemies--flash hiders and suppressors will be key.

EVIL

Suairyu said:
Disappointed by how bright the nighttime is. Should be way darker if going for the quasi-realistic aesthetic.
atleast the same darkness level as in parts of the metro tunnel

vaelic

Banned
from kotaku. Not sure I like DICE's statement

Here was their comment on Kotaku.
“"We know that we won't hit 100% at launch. We won't be able to say "It's perfect." Better to release it than to wait another year. Release it, and make sure we follow up on it. We've been shipping so many Battlefield games that we know that people will keep playing it. If it's good enough, they'll keep playing it."”

Suairyu

Banned
mr_nothin said:
They're not...
Since when? Having played the beta, I don't see how their aesthetic could be considered anything but that.
And it looks like sunset and not complete night time.
Lots of stars very bright. Don't typically see that at sunset.
edit - they even say in the very blog post it's nighttime.

NBtoaster

vaelic said:
from kotaku. Not sure I like DICE's statement

"Better to release now than wait another year?" I doubt they have a years worth of stuff to finsih. Why is Q1 so offensive, where they can be sure it's perfect?

Of course I doubt its DICE's decision.

Game Analyst said:
OperationMetro_2D00_1_2D00_1280.jpg

I definitely believe we are ready for new consoles. Those graphics look so clean and sharp compared to what is currently available on current consoles.

Like you would expect from supersampled pr shots. PC wont be that clean either, going from the beta.

Suairyu

Banned
Game Analyst said:
Because nobody in their right mind would attempt SSAA on a console. It'd be a complete waste.

The 360 and PS3 are perfectly capable of producing graphics that 'clean and sharp', it's just nobody would because they'd have to sacrifice prettiness to achieve it.

woober

NBtoaster said:
Like you would expect from supersampled pr shots. PC wont be that clean either, going from the beta.

I don't know, that shot looked like the beta I played (other than the soldier positioning).

Suairyu

Banned
woober said:
How can you tell with a screenshot at that resolution? Even regular AA shrunk down to that size would look as sharp.
Shrinking down an image is exactly what SSAA is. It takes a higher resolution image and shrinks it.

Top Bottom