• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DKC: Tropical Freeze Info (1080p confirmed, Soundtrack 100% David Wise)

Cheddahz

Banned
Didn't own a Wii U when this news was announced, but I do own one now and everything I'm hearing about this game is wonderful, so I'll probably end up picking it up at launch

So what did I miss?

Oh, not much. Just Cranky coming out of retirement and being revealed as the Fourth Kong™, the Funkster taking his place as the new shopkeeper (who better?), glorious new David Wise music, that amazing intro with DK Island being frozen, AND THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SILHOUETTE LEVEL WE'VE YET TO SEE?

MM6dEnY.jpg

This is a fantastic ride we're on, folks. <3

o_O That's new... Gorgeous. Good lord give me this game now.

Neiteio

So what did I miss?

Oh, not much. Just Cranky coming out of retirement and being revealed as the Fourth Kong™, the Funkster taking his place as the new shopkeeper (who better?), glorious new David Wise music, that amazing intro with DK Island being frozen, AND THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SILHOUETTE LEVEL WE'VE YET TO SEE?

MM6dEnY.jpg

WOW. That screenshot is AMAZING!! :-O

So what did I miss?

MM6dEnY.jpg

I thought that was a Shop of Rayman Origins, That's a good thing. o_O

Rawkhawk is part of that site.

And if you (or anyone else) has a problem with that, feel free to take it to PM. There's no reason why that topic should dictate the next five pages of this thread, especially when it was brought up over a week ago.

That's why I put forth a new point of discussion (since I can't make threads), but alas...

o_O That's new... Gorgeous. Good lord give me this game now.

Ditto. The autumn levels are gorgeous too.

IqkALc5.jpg

4f14Iyp.jpg

Can't wait to hear what Wise has cooked up for these.

Woo, that site. "For EA specifically, Hepler wanted to force homosexuality into the game for no reason other than to promote that lifestyle." Lifestyle huh.

Anyway, this will be the first game I'll buy whenever I get a WiiU. Donkey Kong has a special place in my heart.

I really can't wait for this game, and now that I just finished off 3D World and GTAV, I'm starting to get hyped.

Really though, Retro's DKC is a single-player game. Tropical Freeze doesn't look any better than returns for co-op. Still, I'm excited.

Artorias

Banned
Woo, that site. "For EA specifically, Hepler wanted to force homosexuality into the game for no reason other than to promote that lifestyle." Lifestyle huh.

Anyway, this will be the first game I'll buy whenever I get a WiiU. Donkey Kong has a special place in my heart.

Wow, what a disgusting group of bigots.

Eh, I don't want to give them the hits, but I'm curious what's at the link. Summarize?

Its's an article about how neogaf is a nasty den of libruls who hate free speech

I think this paragraph has the gist of it:

"And now with Phil Robertson being suspended indefinitely? You can believe that they're silencing anyone in support of the guy. And anyone who calls out the gay movement's heavy-handed fascism and faux outrage obviously gets banned. The officially endorsed "NeoGAF Worst Posts" Twitter calls people out who go against the far-left hivemind. "

Neiteio

I think this paragraph has the gist of it:

"And now with Phil Robertson being suspended indefinitely? You can believe that they're silencing anyone in support of the guy. And anyone who calls out the gay movement's heavy-handed fascism and faux outrage obviously gets banned. The officially endorsed "NeoGAF Worst Posts" Twitter calls people out who go against the far-left hivemind. "
Disturbing, as expected.

The bigotry and hate at that site is the kind that leads to real-life hate crimes. Violent acts against people who happened to be born with a different skin color, or a different sexual orientation, or who simply have a different interpretation of government (I.E. government as a way to help the vulnerable element of society).

I just don't understand such hatred and bigotry. And it feels perverse to think such people like Nintendo games, something I've always equated with love and acceptance and fun for all.

Ah well...

Fiktion

Banned
Just wanted to drop in and say that Rawkhawk was all over my inbox trying to explain how his Zimmerman thread was just a joke, and then I saw this thread. Yeah.

While on my tablet where I didn't want to risk clicking links, I honestly thought people were talking about DKVine before I noticed the 'right-wing' part. Plus I'm still friendly with people there and they make some attempt at being self-depreciating and a humour site, but couldn't really think of anybody else who would really start connecting Obamacare with fucking donkey kong so.

Seriously no clue what the fuck this koopa site is on about in half these posts, jesus wept.

Neiteio

I'm honestly too anxious to talk about DKC now. I'll probably now associate this game with Klansmen and Nazis. I'm not even joking. That Koopa TV site is just surreal. Can't believe two Gaffers who frequent Nintendo threads write for that place.

But at any rate, to make a comment on-topic... I'll say that I'd like to see Squitter in this game, but I don't expect him since they haven't shown Rambi yet, and Enguarde is more likely with the underwater stages.

Volotaire

I'm still a bit disappointed there's only 6 (confirmed) worlds against the 8 + special levels in DKCR. I suppose the extra content comes in the replayability of using different characters for gated unlockables in levels.

Would love to see Enguarde back, but since we've got rockets anda faster swimming speed in these games, I just don't see it likely.

And those cmaera rotating shots in some of the minecart levels in one of the videos in the OP make me wonder what they could do with a more 3D perspective oriented DK.

bomma_man

Oh man, Koopa TV will have to fight their ancestors!

And we all know what race is a bunch of 'monkeys', I mean, look at Diddy's 'thuggish' outfit!

Maybe they're expecting some Braid like shit in the last level that reveals that the vikings were trying to civilise these savages all along?

Neiteio

And we all know what race is a bunch of 'monkeys,' I mean, look at Diddy's 'thuggish' outfit!

Maybe they're expecting some Braid like shit in the last level that reveals that the vikings were trying to civilise these savages all along?
Ha! XD

This cheered me up after Koopa TV made me nearly lose faith in humanity.

I'd say that's the word going over most people's heads.

I'm still a bit disappointed there's only 6 (confirmed) worlds against the 8 + special levels in DKCR. I suppose the extra content comes in the replayability of using different characters for gated unlockables in levels.

Would love to see Enguarde back, but since we've got rockets anda faster swimming speed in these games, I just don't see it likely.

And those cmaera rotating shots in some of the minecart levels in one of the videos in the OP make me wonder what they could do with a more 3D perspective oriented DK.

Keep in mind, the levels we've seen in Tropical Freeze are...well, humongous. Mangrove Cove is already like 3x the size of Jungle Hijinxs, and when you combine that with things like dynamic 3D camera sections, well...of course it won't have as many. Super Mario 3D World can claim to have lots and lots of levels, but some of these "levels" are literally ten second fights against a set of drones. Quality over quantity, man.

And even then, I still expect a Lost World. With things like the long-fabled Fourth Kong and even the story intro already revealed, Nintendo is obviously saving some cats in the bag to unveil closer to release.

I also expect Enguarde. We've seen full demos of minecart levels and levels from the "final" world...yet not a single playthrough of a water level. That's too suspicious.

Rizsparky

I'm devistated there's been no sign of animal buddies... Where's my Squitter!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lol you guys... that silhouette screenshot isn't even new.

Okay I'll bite.

Trayvon Tyson's Punch-Out
. A game where you play as a white hispanic man who beats up black people who are rioting after a Zimmerman not guilty verdict.

What part of this is funny to you?

It's surreal humor, lad. Treat it with some levity.

The whole point of the game is its ever-growing plot and how it forms this massive-ultra contrast with the silly premise.

It's more Von Koopa's territory, though.

This site doesn't come across as being a comedy site, nor a parody site and lacks a severe amount of Bob Hoskins love if it really is the latter like DKVine (technically) is.

http://www.caintv.com/

Woo, mystery solved!

I'm devistated there's been no sign of animal buddies... Where's my Squitter!

My one fear about Rambi is that if Cranky can hop over spikes and kill typically-unbeatable enemies, what role is there left for him? He'd basically be limited to destroying those blocks with his face on them.

With all the possibilities that Dixie and Cranky bring to the table, I honestly don't care all that much if Rambi is playable. I just want him in the game. (He can sit in the background of Funky's shop!)

LoveCake

might look into getting this at launch, hope there will be some discounts early on though like there have been for other WiiU games at launch, a quick look around & £31.85 is the cheapest so far.

Wow, what the hell happened to this thread? I saw DKC TF bumped and expected new news, new screenshots... really, anything besides that creepy-as-hell KoopaTV site and the promotion of hate.

Well, I haven't seen that screenshot of the silhouette level before, though it's apparently not new (?). Either way, it's gorgeous. My hype for this game continues to build...

Wow, what the hell happened to this thread? I saw DKC TF bumped and expected new news, new screenshots... really, anything besides that creepy-as-hell KoopaTV site and the promotion of hate.

I too was surprised. At the article, but also at it dominating this thread. Maybe create a different thread for that stuff?

Thanx for the screenshoot though

Volotaire

I'd say that's the word going over most people's heads.

Keep in mind, the levels we've seen in Tropical Freeze are...well, humongous. Mangrove Cove is already like 3x the size of Jungle Hijinxs, and when you combine that with things like dynamic 3D camera sections, well...of course it won't have as many. Super Mario 3D World can claim to have lots and lots of levels, but some of these "levels" are literally ten second fights against a set of drones. Quality over quantity, man.

And even then, I still expect a Lost World. With things like the long-fabled Fourth Kong and even the story intro already revealed, Nintendo is obviously saving some cats in the bag to unveil closer to release.

I also expect Enguarde. We've seen full demos of minecart levels and levels from the "final" world...yet not a single playthrough of a water level. That's too suspicious.

Of course quality over quantity. I don't think I even realised that the levels were that large, good point. And to the water levels you could be right as well. It is still a lot of content.

I just watched the fire jungle levels and that screams potential with the fire burning the grass.

Mangrove Cove is already like 3x the size of Jungle Hijinxs

Maybe but that's just the first level. The rest of levels that have been fully shown (Cannon Canyons, High Tigh Ride, Trunk Twister, Jelly Jamboree, Aqueduct Assault, Alpine Incline, Scorch & Torch and Homecoming Hijinx) are just as long as standard DKCR levels, so I would not expect the classic "less levels but longer" this time.

I would feel highly dissapointed if TF really has a smaller number of levels than Returns; conservative sequels should offer "more of the same" and never "less of the same". Anyway, I think there will be a whole unlockable world unlocked by completing the temple levels (which have been already confirmed) more like in the 3D remake of Returns, instead of just one unlockable level like in the Wii version.

Still with that, Tropical Freeze would only have 7 worlds against the 8 worlds of Returns. Maybe there is a seventh island homeworld of the vikings after the frozen DK Island (in addition to the unlockable lost world, which would make 8 in total), but I don't know.

I also have fear for the Time Trial mode. Sure I will be mad if they remove that too, because that great mode added more than a hundred of hours of gameplay to Returns.

maxcriden

I also have fear for the Time Trial mode. Sure I will be mad if they remove that too, because that great mode added more than a hundred of hours of gameplay to Returns.

Is there any indication they will remove the Time Trial mode or (DKCR spoilers)
Mirror Mode
?

Top Bottom