• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Female Focused Star Wars Animated Shorts Show Forces of Destiny out on July 3rd

I tried watching an episode or two of that a long time ago but I couldn't get hooked, not sure exactly why. I should give it another try and see what I think now, heard that there are some guides on what to watch to skip all the filler.

What I can say though is that Genndy's work ages very well over time, The Clone Wars looks like it dated quickly in terms of animation quality.

Also I have some strong doubts that they "improved" upon Windu Fu:
qAiNbvS.gif

Seasons 3 and onward is where the show really picks up.

It redeemed Darth Maul.

sphagnum

Banned
So they got Ridley to do the VA. Cool.

Nice little short, should go over really well with kids.

The real actresses are all doing their voices, aside from Fisher of course.

edit: Actually I think the VA from TCW is doing Padme, not Natalie Portman.

Not

Banned
I wonder if they could get Korean studios to do stuff for them.

Like, I'm dreaming here, but imagine a Star Wars project with Mir involved

Gravidee

I tried watching an episode or two of that a long time ago but I couldn't get hooked, not sure exactly why. I should give it another try and see what I think now, heard that there are some guides on what to watch to skip all the filler.

What I can say though is that Genndy's work ages very well over time, The Clone Wars looks like it dated quickly in terms of animation quality.

The movie and first season are pretty rough. But season 2 onwards, the CG and production values continue to be unmatched by any other current CG show.

The real actresses are all doing their voices, aside from Fisher of course.

edit: Actually I think the VA from TCW is doing Padme, not Natalie Portman.

Why no Natalie? I can see why Carrie Fisher is absent, but is this something to do with union fees or contract?

Top Bottom