• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New inFamous 2 screens and trailer

Kuran

Banned
boss.jpg

yencid

Wait how are people saying these are bullshots... This same thing happened when GOW3 was getting shown and that looked clean as hell.

The game looks that clean in the videos.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I believe they are on top of a roof looking down onto the street.

I'm going to bet this is the truth:
BVP0w.png

I also don't believe these are bullshots based on the smooth running demo playthrough they did at the latest conferences where they've shown it. These screens are probably from in-engine cutscenes, too.
(Shadows seems too bad for a bullshot, IMO.)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
yencid said:
Wait how are people saying these are bullshots... This same thing happened when GOW3 was getting shown and that looked clean as hell.

The game looks that clean in the videos.

click

alr1ght

The character design is less appealing than the first one. That was one of their goals to change him into a more "likeable" character design.

Salz01

alr1ghtstart said:
The character design is less appealing than the first one. That was one of their goals to change him into a more "likeable" character design.
I'm looking forward to playing the game, but I'm not looking forward to be playing as that character.

-viper-

Banned
iceatcs said:
I don't think it looks fucking awful just unusual looking.
The black girl looks far worse than Cole.

But even then, Cole's design isn't great. They should have kept those black clothes on the other design.

Replicant

I found the first one to be disappointing in both character and world design. They still have a lot to improve if they want to catch up to Naughty Dog. This is nothing like Uncharted's graphic quality. Sorry, I don't want to be mean or drawing comparisons and making ND uncomfortable but that's just how I feel.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Replicant said:
I found the first one to be disappointing in both character and world design. They still have a lot to improve if they want to catch up to Naughty Dog. This is nothing like Uncharted's graphic quality. Sorry, I don't want to be mean or drawing comparisons and making ND uncomfortable but that's just how I feel.

This is nothing like Uncharted's game design either. Looks way better than the first inFamous, and that's what matters.

Irish said:
Cole dies at the beginning of the game, right? Then we get to play as either Nix or Kuo. If I'm going to be playing as an abomination of character design, I at least want it to be one where the fans didn't influence the decision.

I'll probably end up going through the good story path my first time; however, the evil side looks like it's going to be a lot more entertaining.

Also, <3 Eric Ladin.

Knew you couldn't resist your old Cole trashing. If I see Infamous 2 in a thread title, I just know good friend Broken will be here to shit on Cole's design.

That being said, if the game runs at solid 30 FPS or higher, this just might be the best looking open world game on a console by a mile, wow!!!!!

Gameplay? Ice? None of that. Come on, Sucker Punch show us some cool stuff. So, like, when is this suppose to come out anyways? Summer 2011?

alr1ght

Replicant said:

Not really a fair comparison. No open world game is going to look as good as a linear game.

Irish

cjtiger300 said:
Knew you couldn't resist your old Cole trashing. If I see Infamous 2 in a thread title, I just know good friend Broken will be here to shit on Cole's design.

Heh, I <3 both Old Cole and New Cole. I loathe Hybrid Cole though.

I do like Nix's design outside of her very exposed chest unlike everyone else here. Her powers look pretty damn cool as well. I kinda hoped one of the new characters would have ended up being the ice user though. EDIT: It looks like that may be Kuo based on the trailer. Cole keeps talking about how cold it is right before he reaches her.

I also love every other bit I've seen about this game. It looks really, really good, especially the environments. I can't wait to get my hands on this fine sumbitch. :p

Hixx

After ME3, the game I'm looking forward to most this year. Even over Uncharted 3. Might see if I can nab the original for cheap to replay in the next month or two.

Irish said:
Heh, I <3 both Old Cole and New Cole. I loathe Hybrid Cole though.

I do like Nix's design outside of her very exposed chest unlike everyone else here. Her powers look pretty damn cool as well. I kinda hoped one of the new characters would have ended up being the ice user though.

I also love every other bit I've seen about this game. It looks really, really good, especially the environments. I can't wait to get my hands on this fine sumbitch. :p

We can agree that the Eric Laden is huge step up! Fantastic Voice work!!!!! I just can't wait to play it! If there is something Sucker Punch knows how to do with the best of them, its controls and gameplay!!!!!

Lostconfused said:
It would be nice if the game was actually that clean. Because the first one was so jagged that it left my eyes bleeding.

Agreed. I only recently started playing it, and almost immediately stopped because it was so ugly. I'm surprised the jaggy problem wasn't discussed more on podcasts and whatnot. Definitely not what I was expecting.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I'm okay with Cole's design, but that chick's design is just very strange. It's sorta off-putting.
Hmm... I'm kind of in the middle on Nix's design. I'll probably get used to it, especially if she is an interesting character.

Replicant said:
They still have a lot to improve if they want to catch up to Naughty Dog. This is nothing like Uncharted's graphic quality.

That will all depends on whether or not they hit their goal of 60fps. If they do then it will be a new benchmark for the PS3's visuals.

Gattsu25

Banned
Domcorleone said:
Attendees of the show will get to go hand’s on with the Good or Evil version of the Save Kuo mission. Two allies. Two plans of attack. A choice to follow Zeke’s plan and get the help of the captured police by taking out the convoy guarded by the Militia. Then proceed to assault the Militia compound with the army of cops to free Kuo. Or, side with Nix and her destructive plan to ram a trolley filled with explosives through the front gate and fight alongside Nix to free Kuo. The choice is yours!
for those that did not click the link,

So it doesnt look like its a blatant choice like last game, seems like its a matter of whether you think the collateral damage is worth one choice vs the other. me realistic to me it seems
Fuck! And I liked playing as good more than evil in the last game, too.

Making the good path the route where you have to play with Zeke means I will never, EVER, play as a good character in Infamous 2

Irish

Jimmy Stav said:
Agreed. I only recently started playing it, and almost immediately stopped because it was so ugly. I'm surprised the jaggy problem wasn't discussed more on podcasts and whatnot. Definitely not what I was expecting.

Yeah, the aliasing was quite bad. Of course, I was lucky to not notice it much because everything looks like a jagged mess on my crappy Insignia, even Uncharted 2.

I really liked the texture work in the first game and even that has been pumped up quite a bit for the sequel.

I really want to play as Nix. Anyone else feel that way.

Plain Cole looks plain. I'm all for Old Cole but Old Cole this ain't. What made the old design favorable to those of us who liked it was his outline/silhouette. The track suit added to that. Here, damn it looks aweful with an undefined t-shirt that seems to be the most boring looking hero outfit ever.

captscience said:
I hadn't read that they represent the two sides of the morality system.

That said, it's almost worse that the orange/red, dark skinned, devil looking, extreme character is the evil option.

Keep in mind this is comic influenced. Red/Black/devil looking = bad guy. Just sayin'.

So whens this releasing? Spring-ish? April seems the only plausible month right now since May is so packed. And lets face it...June-August do not exist on publisher's calendars.

I pray to Crom for June. I really want to play this and don't want to get swamped by tests or other games.

Irish

The new voice actor is awesome. He has actual range unlike Jason Cottle, who sounded indifferent at all times.

I love how there are random dandelions on that roof.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
iNvidious01 said:
hopefully its not as dark as the first
But that's what made it so awesome

Don't like semi happy looking cole in this one

alr1ghtstart said:
They wanted to do what? Goddamnit

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Still hard to believe we went from the art of Sly Cooper to this.

Mooreberg

All I was hoping for after the first game was for things to be cleaned up in terms of draw distances and texture quality but this looks like a massive improvement. A bit "uncanny valley" but the models look so much better than the original. Of all the PS3 exclusives coming out before Uncharted 3, this is probably the one I am most looking forward to. Is there a release date yet?

Top Bottom