• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New inFamous 2 screens and trailer

luxarific

Nork unification denier
My god, Sucker Punch needs to fire all their character designers. Like yesterday. How did Nix ever get past a rough sketch?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Pimpbaa said:
The good chick looks so boring and average. She is probably going to be as annoying as fuck too.
You got a problem with pantsuits buddy?

Looks awesome and I can’t wait for it, but I think the award for best bullshots ever should go to this batch of screenshots. I mean come on now!

luxarific said:
My god, Sucker Punch needs to fire all their character designers. Like yesterday. How did Nix ever get past a rough sketch?
Same with previous Cole.
Or this Cole for that matter.

At least the 1st game had the decency to steal from the right places.

Irish

Man, the environments in this game astound me.

This picture immediately brings the name inFamous Creed to the forefront of my mind:
5408267914_d1368c5a9d_b.jpg

nib95

Banned
Really not a fan of the art style and visuals. Just seems a bit bland and groggy to me. Lighting looks a tad flat, I don't know. Maybe the recent slew of astoundingly visually impressive games lately has spoiled me.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I am disappointed in the design of the girl. Why would any girl wear that, no matter how hot she is, in a lawless city? It's like asking to get raped. And why would she even want to get attention for her body in an environment like that, how many guys that she is interested in are going to be in this place?

To me this is still what holds video-games back from being classified as teenage, puberty material. It's a really good model, and I even think as a sexy design it's nice, but it doesn't make any sense to me and breaks the illusion of the world they are creating. How would her breasts even stay in that thing, does she glue her nipples to the inside of the jacket each day before she goes out?

Again, technically it's great but in my opinion I wish they would have gone for something bad ass looking that also made sense. infamous had a good story that I actually paid attention to and liked, including the characters.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. The screens look awesome and I can't wait to play the game. Obviously this one thing isn't going to turn me off the game completely, just wish video-games broke out of the stereo-type video-game girl a bit. The reporter girl, name escapes me, in Uncharted 1 & 2 was great. Good looking, independent personality, had great character and made sense. Even the sluttier girl in the sequel made sense as it fit her personality and she still dressed functionally despite being very sexy.

I like everything thus far, Kuo is fine.... but the Star Wars phantom menance reject is puzzling me. She really stands out in the wrong way.

The second girl really does look like something ripped from star wars or mass effect lol

Don't know what's going on at sucker punch with their artists. Maybe there will be some behind the scenes content in the final game that shows all the different concept art.

Yoboman

I like Nix's design on its own, it just doesn't blend with the other stuff we have seen in the game

Cole still looking bland, directionless. WTF are with the horrible tats? Heres a solution, go copy a real awesome looking sleeve or get a professional to designit. Theres so much amazing body art out there, and this is the best they can come up with? Give it a theme, he's a fucking lightning God it's not that hard to think of a theme they can go with

Dever

Banned
Thunderbear said:
I am disappointed in the design of the girl. Why would any girl wear that, no matter how hot she is, in a lawless city? It's like asking to get raped. And why would she even want to get attention for her body in an environment like that, how many guys that she is interested in are going to be in this place?

She shoots black fire or something, dude. I don't think she's afraid of some shmuck with a knife raping her lol. She looks like something out of a superhero comic book, and I guess that's what they're aiming for.

I'm usually not one to complain about character design, but star tattoos? Ehhhh. Although it looks like Cole has different tattoos in different screenshots. Maybe we can customize the tattoos.

Thunderbear said:

To me this is still what holds video-games back from being classified as teenage, puberty material. It's a really good model, and I even think as a sexy design it's nice, but it doesn't make any sense to me and breaks the illusion of the world they are creating. How would her breasts even stay in that thing, does she glue her nipples to the inside of the jacket each day before she goes out?

Again, technically it's great but in my opinion I wish they would have gone for something bad ass looking that also made sense. infamous had a good story that I actually paid attention to and liked, including the characters.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. The screens look awesome and I can't wait to play the game. Obviously this one thing isn't going to turn me off the game completely, just wish video-games broke out of the stereo-type video-game girl a bit. The reporter girl, name escapes me, in Uncharted 1 & 2 was great. Good looking, independent personality, had great character and made sense. Even the sluttier girl in the sequel made sense as it fit her personality and she still dressed functionally despite being very sexy.

Elena Fisher:

elena_va_hints_new_unc8yxu.jpg

ND's character designs are generally pretty great. I hope SP tones down Nix's design a little, it's just very strange to me. Cole looks okay. The other characters so far look alright.

DangerStepp

Nice tats. He's missing the Affliction shirt and nipple rings to match.

I liked the first game, but Cole's character design is atrocious. He's almost indiscernible from Nathan Hale of Resistance.

Why don't they allow to make your own character? It couldn't look much worse that what they've done.

I just hope it's a little...smarter.

Really enjoyed nearly every aspect of the game EXCEPT the story and character interaction.

Kick a puppy = bad

Kiss a baby = good

The "bad girl" and the "good girl" doesn't exactly thrill me.

DangerStepp said:
Why don't they allow to make your own character? It couldn't look much worse that what they've done.

Because they have comic cutscenes which means that a created character would look nothing like the one in those comics.

DangerStepp

SolidSnakex said:
Because they have comic cutscenes which means that a created character would look nothing like the one in those comics.
I guess that explains why the characters looks like hot garbage.
Makes comic panels easier to draw. Awesome.

Hachimaki

I'm going to love this despite having to put with Zeke again. I was hoping to get the chance to kill him off in the first game.

The game looks great, I can't wait to get my hands on it. As for the character designs I think Cole and the lead woman look a little bland, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I felt the same way in the first game, but they grew on me over time. I like the look of the strange woman though, her design looks odd but I'll bet she has some crazy powers to justify it.

I can't wait to see what they're going to do with Zeke. He's the Rico of inFamous, I hope they keep him around just to have him continuously fuck things up. Maybe they'll redeem him in this game though.

Jimmy Stav said:
Agreed. I only recently started playing it, and almost immediately stopped because it was so ugly. I'm surprised the jaggy problem wasn't discussed more on podcasts and whatnot. Definitely not what I was expecting.

That's really sad.

Yeah, since this is coming out soon I hope they change a bunch of stuff this late geared more to my tastes. Otherwise great lol.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Whoa whoa whoa, I don't think it's fair to dish out a blanket statement like that. This isn't something all games are guilty of.

There are plenty of films with a similar lack of taste as well. That doesn't mean the entire film industry is nothing more than teenage, puberty material.

Pikelet

I think that is literally the most boring video game character design i have ever seen. Shaved head, facial scar and tribal tattoos. Utter trash.

Top Bottom