• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Model (CECH-4000) Registered on FCC (Jeff_Rigby alert)

They want really adapt family gaming style to bring fresh blood before new generations and more games focused PS Vita. I know this is for Polish market, but I think it's probably for whole Euroland, not sure about USA or Japan.

SCEA doesn't care about Vita, they've had plenty of time to show that it exists to them and it doesn't.

Dipswitch

That'll be a good price if true. TBH, I'm more excited about the possibility of this forcing MS to respond in kind with the Xbox. My PS3 is still going strong (Knock on wood), but my Xbox packed in this past May. Can't see how MS can ignore the new PS3 price without responding.

I actually think 199 is not a great price for the 12GB model. I think a 179 price-tag as suggested before would have been much nicer.

Why would that be? You can get the 320GB one for 13€ more. Well, atleast @ amazon.de.

i'm not saying that it's the best sku, or that it's the best priced one, but for the general public, the casual market, in europe, i think "breaking" the €200 euros barrier is going to be great for them.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Can the 16GB model still use a HDD?

There's no reason to think it won't seeing how Sony have handled it with previous models, it will probably be the exact same model as the other 4xxx models but with a bit of flash on a connector in the HDD slot instead, lol.

There's no reason to think it won't seeing how Sony have handled it with previous models, it will probably be the exact same model as the other 4xxx models but with a bit of flash on a connector in the HDD slot instead, lol.
Nope, the 4 gigs reserved for the OS and Cache cinches it (16 gig in FCC filing and 12 gig advertised). The Nand memory will be in all versions because it's used to Fast boot the OS and provide fast swaps of the webkit stack to game side. Adding a conventional drive just makes the combination act like a Hybrid drive. My opinion. Any other design would be stupid and AMD isn't stupid.

Man

Talked to my nearby Australian EB Games today (which has a singular employee, a mature reasonable guy in his forties unlike most such shops) and he told me that they had to send in all their (current) Slim stock and that they couldn't order more of that type.
He was up to date on all the Ultra Slim rumors but he said he was yet to receive an official internal E-mail with the details but he was expecting it tomorrow.

I had ordered a refurbished PS3 (old) slim from them last week that they were sending to that store but I told him I would change that order to the new Ultra Slim models and he said that was no problem.

Blastoise

Banned
I remember sometime last year amazon had a sale where the 160GB PS3 Slim was $150, I shipped that shit to Australia, and the total came to $180. Whereas the same model still costs about $350.

Also had no problems with the power conversion, region bullshit or game compatibility. Probably the best deal I've ever had on an electronic device.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

so wait

I can't use my 2.5 hdd out of my bc ps3 and put it in the new one?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Nope, the 4 gigs reserved for the OS and Cache cinches it (16 gig in FCC filing and 12 gig advertised). The Nand memory will be in all versions because it's used to Fast boot the OS and provide fast swaps of the webkit stack to game side. Adding a conventional drive just makes the combination act like a Hybrid drive. My opinion. Any other design would be stupid and AMD isn't stupid.

I'll take your word on it, lol, we'll find out regardless soon enough, though what does AMD have to do with it now, has there been sine development I've missed or is this just from your other posts and your supposed AMD SOC hardware?

so wait

I can't use my 2.5 hdd out of my bc ps3 and put it in the new one?

You should be able to if they do what they have done in the past, I see no reason why they would suddenly change their minds.
Also remember that any PS3 but the original one you take that HDD out of will format it.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
You should be able to if they do what they have done in the past, I see no reason why they would suddenly change their minds.
Also remember that any PS3 but the original one you take that HDD out of will format it.

ah sonofabitch

I replaced the 80 gig hdd in the original ps3 with a 250 gig drive. I did homebrew my old ps3 so I backed up the hard drive on a portable usb hdd before I did that. Hope I can just swap drives and restore everything the long way.

I'll take your word on it, lol, we'll find out regardless soon enough, though what does AMD have to do with it now, has there been sine development I've missed or is this just from your other posts and your supposed AMD SOC hardware?
Caught that did you <grin>.

Anyone who gets "official" (not Technoblog) pictures of the PS3 4K please post them in this thread.

Anyone with literature describing the PS3 4K are there key words like complete redesign, "Goldstar EPA rating" or anything that could indicate features not in the current versions.

Man said:
Talked to my nearby Australian EB Games today (which has a singular employee, a mature reasonable guy in his forties unlike most such shops) and he told me that they had to send in all their (current) Slim stock and that they couldn't order more of that type.

Pulling current stock to be sent back to Sony allowing only the new version in the stores, has this been done before? Does it signal a new advertising campaign where features are going to be advertised that are not available on older PS3s? Remember the Digitimes PS4 rumor which must be the PS3 4K chassis, Kinect like interface and 20 million sold the first year.

Man

Pulling current stock to be sent back to Sony allowing only the new version in the stores, has this been done before?
In this case it might just be redistribution to bigger EB shops internally (where they sell faster). My local one is in a small shopping center with only about 15-20 shops out here in the suburbs, almost seems out of place. Probably the reason why they seem to have only one or two employees.

In this case it might just be redistribution to bigger EB shops internally (where they sell faster). My local one is in a small shopping center with only about 15-20 shops out here in the suburbs, almost seems out of place. Probably the reason why they seem to have only one or two employees.
Darn, hoping for an indication. I noticed you aren't taking any chances when you changed your order to the PS3 4K <grin>. We just don't know what's coming....suspect...guess....hope but not know.

Mario007

Can't wait for Yoshida's "Hi Iwata" tweet.

Unfortunately you're assuming Sony's smart and would do a PS3 Vita bundle. After all Vita is created for people with PS3s so it makes absolutely zero sense to bundle them together especially with the annoucement of cross-play, right? ;)

Although i would LOVE to see that tweet :p

Man

Cross-Play is cool and all but there's way too little software using that feature to support such a bundle (LittleBigPlanet 2 and...?).

Mario007

Cross-Play is cool and all but there's way too little software using that feature to support such a bundle (LittleBigPlanet 2 and...?).

I meant cross-buy. You buy a game for the ps3 and get it on Vita for free (there's like 3 or 4 cross-buy retail games and shitload of PSN games)

Takao

Banned
Here's a definition of all the Cross jargon:

Cross-Buy: Titles that are part of a program where buying one SKU will net you a copy of the game on a different platform.

Cross-Controller: Using Vita as a controller in PS3 games.

Cross-Play: Games that feature modes where users on both Vita and PS3 can play with each other.

Cross-Save: Transfer saves from PS3 to Vita and vice versa.

onQ123

Here's a definition of all the Cross jargon:

Cross-Buy: Titles that are part of a program where buying one SKU will net you a copy of the game on a different platform.

Cross-Controller: Using Vita as a controller in PS3 games.

Cross-Play: Games that feature modes where users on both Vita and PS3 can play with each other.

Cross-Save: Transfer saves from PS3 to Vita and vice versa.

You forgot about
Cross Game Chat

PS3+PSV+PSASBR+8GB Vita Mem=$349=Winner.

That's even enough to play Battle Royale multi-player in the box, something the WiiU Deluxe can't claim.

Man

I was right about DUST 514 getting promoted somewhere. The US standard bundle comes with $30 free content for the game.

8000836491_f267140f72_z.jpg

Top Bottom