• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Tales of games ( Wii , DS , PSP , PS2 ) scan

Bebpo

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
Big Deal ? Lol....

Some think it's a big deal because it might mean it'll be released in the US.

I doubt it though. ToD2 PSP never came. :(

Saoh said:
graphics update in less than 1 day, NEW RECORD!

Or shoot a dark off-screen camera pic so you can't see the jaggies :p

Sagitario

Bebpo said:
Soul Calibur producer is in charge of the battle system.

...Legendia team?

Of the Wii game? Then this is Sword of Legendia... I guess that's is disappointment news that the guy @ IGN was talking about...

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
This is one of the most spectacular images I have ever seen.

tales10.jpg

Not just because of the flowchart, but because the image really does claim the DS is all about lots of anime FMV, voice acting, beautiful sound and visuals, and epic, high drama. Yeah, that's exactly how I'd sum up the DS.

Bebpo

Banned
Farore said:
Of the Wii game? Then this is Sword of Legendia... I guess that's is disappointment news that the guy @ IGN was talking about...

Yeah, he's the creative producer of the Wii game.

Does that rule out Team Symphonia? I mean do they have their own guy who is the creative producer in their games?

Aokage said:

Not just because of the flowchart, but because the image really does claim the DS is all about lots of anime FMV, voice acting, beautiful sound and visuals, and epic, high drama. Yeah, that's exactly how I'd sum up the DS.

So they expect to make DS games for the next 15 years?

*edit* Also, how can they not list Wii if they JUST ANNOUNCED A WII GAME!?! So I dunno, maybe PS3/X360 not out of the question.

Sagitario

Chris Michael said:
I know that. The PSP game is still a pretty big deal though.

Big deal? Nope... I lot of people [included myself] was expecting this... I mean, Namco have ported Tales of Eternia, Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Destiny 2 to the PSP... this was just a matter of time...

Frillen

Aokage said:

tales10.jpg

Why isn't the next gen systems represented?

Sagitario

Bebpo said:
So they expect to make DS games for the next 15 years?

*edit* Also, how can they not list Wii if they JUST ANNOUNCED A WII GAME!?! So I dunno, maybe PS3/X360 not out of the question.

The picture clearly says "Tales of" Series 2007... the Wii game is 2008...

Aokage said:

tales10.jpg

On the far right you can see Mr. Skunk from Tempest. I'm surprised they even still acknowledge Tempest's existence.

That image really does explain a lot, though. Personally I'd count PSP as a main system just because it basically has nearly every Tales game made on it.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Bebpo said:
Some think it's a big deal because it might mean it'll be released in the US.

I doubt it though. ToD2 PSP never came. :(

QFT, we never got all the other tales games. Tales of the World may be a bomb, so that will be used to justify never releasing the other ones.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
tales10.jpg

anyone have namco japan's contact information? i want to use this slide in a presentation i'm doing on the decline and fall of the japanese games industry. actually, if permissions go through, this slide is my presentation on the decline and fall of the japanese games industry. i'm just going to leave it up for half an hour and eat nachos backstage

Sagitario

Hcoregamer00 said:
QFT, we never got all the other tales games. Tales of the World may be a bomb, so that will be used to justify never releasing the other ones.

Well, Legendia bombed too and we still got Abyss...

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Wii Tales

Moving on to the Wii Tales of Symphonia Knights of Ratatoskr, the Spring 2008 (Japanese release) title is, as mentioned in our initial update, a direct sequel to the GameCube and PS2 Tales of Symphonia, painting a new story three years after the events of that game. While story details are scarce, Bandai Namco did announce that the game's main character would be named Emil, and the heroine Malta. Lloyd and other characters from the original will also appear in the game.

Bandai Namco is working on some updates to the title for the Wii. Visually, the company claims that the graphics have been improved, with higher texture resolution. This is true of new dungeons and towns, and those that you might have visited in the original.

Gameplay is also seeing a few updates. The game will feature Wii-mote direct controls, allowing players to move around by pointing at sections of the map. While not strictly Wii related, the game will also include the ability to capture and breed monsters for use as allies in battle.

DS Tales

The game will include an opening movie by Production IG, which will be unveiled at September's Tokyo Game Show. Visually, the game will feature full 3D graphics.

The story for Innocence centers on Luca, a resident of the peaceful capital city of Regnam. Luca, son of a merchant, has special powers, although he's not alone, as others like him have started appearing in the town of late. His personality is said to be a bit different from your standard RPG character; in fact, the game's producers feel his role is somewhat switched with that of the heroine, Iria.

The game's battle system will be a combination of past Tales systems. Innocence will use the Dimension Stride LMBS (Linear Motion Battle System), which is said to combine elements of the Flex Range LMBS from Abyss and the Aeral LMBS from the PS2 version of Destiny.

Source Tales

Hcoregamer00

drohne said:
anyone have namco japan's contact information? i want to use this slide in a presentation i'm doing on the decline and fall of the japanese games industry. actually, if permissions go through, this slide is my presentation on the decline and fall of the japanese games industry. i'm just going to leave it up for half an hour and eat nachos backstage

What a coincidence, I was going to make a presentation about the advent of the Handheld Industry and the rapid expansion into new markets that didn't buy Handheld Consoles. This would make a good point about how handheld gaming is not being taken for granted anymore.

Good times.

this is easily the worst gaming news i have ever heard. tota is one of my favorite rpgs and now i'll never see what the series would look like and do on 360/ps3 - and that is a real shame.

yeah, yeah, bitter tears and all that jazz.

anyways innocence looks nice and i'll be looking forward to it.

thefro

Putting a Tales game on 360/PS3 makes zero business sense in the short term. Both those systems have performed very poorly in Japan up to this point and Tales (except for Symphonia) has pretty much bombed outside of Japan.

Furthermore, Tales doesn't perform well enough saleswise that a huge, HD version of the game would be profitable for Namco.

Deku

Banned
:lol fall of the industry?

I mean Tales isn't even the biggest franchise out there and the flowchart clearly indicates its a follower franchise tending to attach itself to the dominant platforms of the day.

And still people continue to make all sorts of drama. Gold!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Deku said:
:lol fall of the industry?

I mean Tales isn't even the biggest franchise out there and the flowchart clearly indicates its a follower franchise tending to attach itself to the dominant platforms of the day.

And still people continue to make all sorts of drama. Gold!

well, the audience for my presentation is a little more sophisticated than gaf, and i think they'll understand that slide as a reference to broader conditions rather than a statement about the importance of the tales franchise

sfc to ps1 to ps2 to NINTENDO DS

as for tales, it probably belongs on low-end platforms. i like its actiony combat, but it's the shovelware rpg. they had a stretch of monthly releases ffs.

Leezard

Farore said:
I want Kratos, dammit... someone spoil me about the different ToS endings because I don't remember anything about alternate endings with the exception of Kratos/Zelos choice..

There wasn't much of a difference, Kratos/Zelos being the major one. There is only a few different scenes, and most (if not all, was some time ago I played it) of them are before the ending itself.
The one person Lloyd sets out with to destroy all Exspheres changes, though.

jarrod

Banned
Farore said:
nope, this and Legendia are different projects.

Hcoregamer00

drohne said:
well, the audience for my presentation is a little more sophisticated than gaf, and i think they'll understand that slide as a reference to broader conditions rather than a statement about the importance of the tales franchise

sfc to ps1 to ps2 to NINTENDO DS

as for tales, it probably belongs on low-end platforms. i like its actiony combat, but it's the shovelware rpg. they had a stretch of monthly releases ffs.

Someone didn't take their happy pills this morning

happy-pills-sm.jpg

Barakov

typhonsentra said:
I want to see a next-gen Tales game so bad. Something that looks like the anime cutscenes in gameplay.

QFT. Makes a whole lot of business sense with what they are doing. Doesn't mean people have to like it though. X) Won't even touch the DS shiz if it's even remotely close to how Tales of the Skunk turned out.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Barakov said:
Won't even touch the DS shiz if it's even remotely close to how Tales of the Skunk turned out.
Have you even read the topic? Or any of the news? They all tell you that it's not by Dimps this time.

GamerSoul

I wonder what kind've monsters we'll be able to train.( I'd never thought I'd be saying this about a Tales game). I hope it's a large scale of creatures to keep give it more replay value.

You know, it's funny, everyone's talking about when developers are going to make the jump to Wii, when most developers still have to make the jump to DS.

jarrod

Banned
Farore said:
How do you know that?

And here I was, thinking myself: as much as I love Sakuraba... GO SHIINA COMPOSING AGAIN FOR TALES!!!
160fs313443.gif
check Scamco's website... both games are on it.

Top Bottom