• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Tales of games ( Wii , DS , PSP , PS2 ) scan

Akai

ethelred said:
It must suck to have to hate one of one's favorite game series just because it moves to a non-ideal platform.
Being a fanboy takes some hardcore devotion and sacrifice...

ethelred said:
:lol

It must suck to have to hate one of one's favorite game series just because it moves to a non-ideal platform.

it would indeed suck, and while i personally will not be going into hater mode, i won't be buying any of the tales DS games new. i'll buy them bitches used, or rent them. i hate you namco! :<

joetachi

WickedLaharl said:
it would indeed suck, and while i personally will not be going into hater mode, i won't be buying any of the tales DS games new. i'll buy them bitches used, or rent them. i hate you namco! :<
At least your not angry like Kurosaki huh.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
What's going on here?

Tears for Tales. :)

I just got some extra cash, so I think I'll go pick up ToTA now. :)

I'm quite anxious about the Symphonia sequel and Innocence myself. :D

Haunted One said:
:lol yeah what the hell is going on in here?

the realization that i'll have to be stuck to a handheld for my tales fix. a decision that i would rather not support by giving namco my monies.

edit: for some reason i always find it amusing when fanboys poke fun at other fanboys. i dunno why...

GamerSoul

It's expensive being a Tales fan. Half of the stuff would have to be imported. Right now, I'm just happy they confirmed something that I want and the art style is cool. I think this should be the art direction of the series.
RegretPic.jpg

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
GamerSoul said:
It's expensive being a Tales fan. Half of the stuff would have to be imported. Right now, I'm just happy they confirmed something that I want and the art style is cool. I think this should be the art direction of the series.

So basically more of the same....

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So ethelred, now that you know what you do about the new Wii game, are you still a bit optimistic, or do you think its going to be a flaming turd?

ethelred

schuelma said:
So ethelred, now that you know what you do about the new Wii game, are you still a bit optimistic, or do you think its going to be a flaming turd?

We don't know who's developing it.

Datschge

Terribly LTTP of below average Tales news...

Tales of Innocence will show how far Alfa System can go polishing battle system, general gameplay and story after turning out three rather (imo) uncreative if solid Tales crossover titles.

I wouldn't put any hope into the Wii ToS "sequel" Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk. People talk about the Soul Calibur creative director as if that's a positive thing for the game, but the only Tales related credits for that Teruaki Konishi (&#23567;&#35199;&#36637;&#24432;) person I found so far are as co-producer for Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 and as director for Tales of the Tempest...

Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut seems like a consequent result of the Tales Studio teams fixing and adding to their games after a game is already released. In the past the changes just went into "Best of" budget re-releases while this time they make it a premium one. Still the only announced game I'm actually looking forward to.

I guess Tales of Rebirth should turn out to be a solid port, whoever it is doing now. (The past PSP ports oddly enough were done by different staffs each time: ToE by the original staff with two additional Namco staff, ToP by Team Destiny's Ryuichi Ishizawa and Mineloader Software, ToD2 by Alfa System.)

Jarrod: Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon actually was by "Wolfteam", not Alfa System. There Makoto Yoshizumi/Yoshidumi, who's now publically representing everything Tales in all public showings, had his first involvement in a Tales game as a coordinator.

Regarding the Tales development staff history in general: Wolfteam should be actually called Telenet Japan's Software Development Dept. 1 which was headed by Eiji Kikuchi since 1995, including for Tales of Phantasia. (Wolfteam was fully absorbed into Telenet Japan in 1993 and was much bigger than the staff which left to form tri-Ace, so plenty old time Wolfteam members can be found in Tales staffs even today.) Eiji Kikuchi now heads Tales Studio's management (no longer related to Telenet Japan) and likely owns a piece of it, so if there's someone personifying Tales it's him. Another person who's been there starting with the original ToP until today is Yasuyuki Sawadaishi who as the lead graphic designer pretty much personifies 2D Tales (what now would be called Team Destiny).

I'm still pretty sure that Tales Studio has relative freedom to decide themselves what to do. I just wish they had an influence on NBGI handling of the Tales brand as I think Tales Studio's idea of what the brand consists of clashes heavily with what NBGI keep saying publically as well as pushing to all the non-Tales Studio developers (DS as the main platform? yea, right...). As long as this stays that way I don't expect any non-Tales Studio Tales game to feel equal to their output.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
WickedLaharl said:

You're going to buy it used as a protest? And if it's really good and you get tons of enjoyment out of it, will it still make you feel better that you stuck it to them even though they gave you a quality product?

Just wait for impressions. I find it amusing that somehow you think that giving gamestop all your money instead of a portion to namco is a victory for you. Well keep fighting the good fight.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
GreenGlowingGoo said:
You're going to buy it used as a protest? And if it's really good and you get tons of enjoyment out of it, will it still make you feel better that you stuck it to them even though they gave you a quality product?

He'll feel better because he saved some money either way. :D

Firestorm

WickedLaharl said:

It's like what I do to play Sonic games =( It sucks being a fanboy of a series where you have to wade through 5 crappy games to get to 1 good one.

ethelred

I was reading the IGN coverage of this (yeah, yeah, I know) and they did have one thing that I thought was interesting. "In fact, work on Innocence started around the same time as that of Radiant Mythology, meaning the DS game has been in production for quite some time."

Radiant Mythology was announced in June 2006, and was obviously in development a while before that. That is quite a long time... especially considering how short dev cycles typically are for DS games. If Alfa has been working on it that long, that could be viewed as a promising sign.

GreenGlowingGoo said:

Just wait for impressions. I find it amusing that somehow you think that giving gamestop all your money instead of a portion to namco is a victory for you. Well keep fighting the good fight.

The weird thing is, Americans choosing not to buy the game obviously isn't going to send a political message, or impact in any way the decisions Namco makes. The Tales games are first and foremost made for the Japanese market; this move is made for the Japanese market. If Americans stop buying the games, that doesn't mean Namco will switch its plans around, it just means Hometek will stop localizing. And that's not a good thing.

Firestorm said:
It's like what I do to play Sonic games =( It sucks being a fanboy of a series where you have to wade through 5 crappy games to get to 1 good one.

You know... we don't know that the non-Dumps DS games are going to be crappy. Making a prejudgement that they're going to be crappy and you'll be forced to buy them used... Iunno, why not hope for the best and wait to see how the games turn out before going apocalyptic?

GreenGlowingGoo said:

hell yeah i'm going to buy it used as a protest. i'm gonna stick it to namco for hurting me by giving gamestop my monies. better gamestop than namco in this situation!

and you see it could be a quality handheld game, but i'd much rather have a quality console game (preferably new gen, but any console would do).

i just don't want the series stuck on a handheld.

ethelred said:
:lol

wow, way to read into my post, plus the others saying angry, bitter, every tales won't be good and such...what can I say, good for you :lol

Its sad that most people here don't give a shit about the tales series and only come here to try to make caturday, megaton, downwhelmaton, downfalls and other NeoFAQs festivals. Pretty sad.

ethelred

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
wow, way to read into my post, plus the others saying angry, bitter, every tales won't be good and such...what can I say, good for you :lol

What's being read into your post? You said we can all count you as a Tales hater now. That seems cut and dry.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Its sad that most people here don't give a shit about the tales series and only come here to try to make caturday, megaton, downwhelmaton, downfalls and other NeoFAQs festivals. Pretty sad.

Like who? I've played Phantasia, Destiny, Eternia, Rebirth, Symphonia, Legendia, and Abyss -- I think I've got myself pretty well covered with this series.

cvxfreak

It is a fact that caturday, megaton, downwhelmaton, downfalls and other NeoFAQs festivals depend on the reactions of those most affected by the announcements. :/

ethelred said:
What's being read into your post? You said we can all count you as a Tales hater now. That seems cut and dry.
Oh sorry, I forgot that allows everyone to put words in my mouth :lol

Whatever ethelred, someone was going to bring up that post at some point, at least I was the one to do so.

cvxfreak said:
It is a fact that caturday, megaton, downwhelmaton, downfalls and other NeoFAQs festivals depend on the reactions of those most affected by the announcements. :/
Yeah, while I wasn't here for like 600 of the posts here, I already saw two or three references to me in those pages. I'm sure everyone knew how much will I be affected back then :lol

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
WickedLaharl said:
hell yeah i'm going to buy it used as a protest. i'm gonna stick it to namco for hurting me by giving gamestop my monies. better gamestop than namco in this situation!

and you see it could be a quality handheld game, but i'd much rather have a quality console game (preferably new gen, but any console would do).

i just don't want the series stuck on a handheld.

I just see quality games as quality games. If you just don't like handhelds, that's fine. All right I guess.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I dont get this... 'it's on a handheld it sucks' mentality.

didnt stop Zelda, Fire Emblem, SRW, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Mario, Metroid from rocking. what makes this Tales of series so different that it has to suddenly be exclusive to consoles?

Error said:

didnt stop Zelda, Fire Emblem, SRW, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Mario, Metroid from rocking. what makes this Tales of series so different that it has to suddenly be exclusive to consoles?

Tales games can get pretty hectic in battle and plus a lot of us were looking forward to next gen Tales games.

kiryogi

Banned
Error said:

Well if it were on the psp it might not have been as bad. But getting the full visual and audio prensentation that Tales is known for is usually something only the consoles pull off. Saying the DS can do it even decently is a joke. Although I mentioned the PSP, it's a big given the damn thing isnt selling a worth so thats why DS is the way to go D:

SantaC

kiryogi said:
But getting the full visual and audio prensentation that Tales is known for is usually something only the consoles pull off

yep I want big budget Tales like ToS and ToA dammit..:(

Shouta

Error said:

And the best iterations in each of those series has been on consoles (except maybe Metroid).

Tossing it on a handheld (excluding PSP) and accepting it is ultimately settling for less. This is especially true for for games and series where the experience is everything about it rather than just the gameplay. For Tales, the audio and visual presentation is a huge part of the experience and putting it on a handheld is limiting the possibilities for those areas. When you limit the audio and visual elements, you're gimping the experience. Would you see a version of an animated movie with a poor number of frames and poor voice acting or the same movie with lush animation and top-notch voice acting?

This is one of the reasons why I made a stink about DQ9 back when it was announced. The series, with DQ8, finally reached a level where the audio and visual components became equivalent to the gameplay. The experience finally was whole. I got fantastic gameplay with incredible audio and visuals that properly portrayed the charm and adventure that DQ has always had but never fulfilled.

Sagitario

ethelred said:
You know... we don't know that the non-Dumps DS games are going to be crappy. Making a prejudgement that they're going to be crappy and you'll be forced to buy them used... Iunno, why not hope for the best and wait to see how the games turn out before going apocalyptic?

That's always my mentality about the games we don't know anything about yet... but then you read this:

Datschge said:
I wouldn't put any hope into the Wii ToS "sequel" Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk. People talk about the Soul Calibur creative director as if that's a positive thing for the game, but the only Tales related credits for that Teruaki Konishi (&#23567;&#35199;&#36637;&#24432;) person I found so far are as co-producer for Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 and as director for Tales of the Tempest...

And you have to admit that's not exactly something to be really positive about...

ITA84

Shouta said:
Tossing it on a handheld (excluding PSP) and accepting it is ultimately settling for less.

Why do you exclude PSP? It's still a handheld, meaning that the budget for games would still be limited when compared with consoles'. A lot of PSP games are remakes because it costs less and they still manage to stuff a lot of multimedia enhancements in it (VA, effects, movies).
It's still a very good thing for non-Japanese gamers who want to play games which didn't make it outside of Japan, but the fact is that PSP won't be getting many high budget (-> high value) games (unless it becomes another DS and PS3 fails hard).

Off topic: lots of Persona 3 avatars in this thread...

Shouta

ITA84 said:
Why do you exclude PSP? It's still a handheld, meaning that the budget for games would still be limited when compared with consoles'. A lot of PSP games are remakes because it costs less and they still manage to stuff a lot of multimedia enhancements in it (VA, effects, movies).
It's still a very good thing for non-Japanese gamers who want to play games which didn't make it outside of Japan, but the fact is that PSP won't be getting many high budget (-> high value) games (unless it becomes another DS and PS3 fails hard).

Off topic: lots of Persona 3 avatars in this thread...

I don't include the PSP because it has the capability of delivering goods needed to maintain the entire Tales experience. Budgets are always the determining factor when it comes to a game. Anyone knows that. It's whether or not they could if they wanted to that most folks refer to when we talk about this sort of thing.

You're still accepting &#8804; Gamecube experience if it's on PSP, which appears to be the crux of what's behind all the bitching. You might think thats ok, and I would myself I suppose, but some of the people complaining here, would still be complaining.

I'm going to keep an open mind on all the games. When I know more, I'll say more.

Sagitario

I'm quoting you again... :p

Datschge said:

I was doing some research [and when I say 'research' what I mean is 'googling'] and actually, the director of Tales of the Tempest is Takeshi Narita [Dimps staff]...
Konishi is the director of Namco Bandai Games Inc. Production staff (along with 2 other guys)... so, he didn't directed the game, he was in the team responsible of the commercialization/publicity/sales/etc. of the game...

So, stay positive :) ...

Teruaki Konishi is also credited as the director of Soul Edge and worked on SCII and Tekken... Bebpo said he's is in charge of the battle system and for the people worried about ToL LMBS, Konishi is not credited in that game [and ToS:KoR uses the Abyss battle system anyway]...

I am kind of surprised that Namco hasn't invested in a proper Tales game for the PSP. They could have commisioned Alfa System to build it after they wrapped up Radiant Mythology. It's a pity really.

Oh well, back to watching the bitter tears.

Sagitario

Mr. Pointy said:
I am kind of surprised that Namco hasn't invested in a proper Tales game for the PSP. They could have commisioned Alfa System to build it after they wrapped up Radiant Mythology. It's a pity really.

Oh well, back to watching the bitter tears.

Apparently they were working on the DS game along with TotW... how big is Alpha System anyway? I'm sure there will be another TotW for the PSP, and even if the DS really becomes the main platform... the PSP would get more Tales games [ToDr port, ToS port, TotA port :p ]...

I'd like to see an actual main series Tales RPG on the PSP, instead of another TotW. It could be pretty damn awesome. Ports are expected and mostly welcome (2-UMD Symphonia port guaranteed), but there's no effort or love or excitement in that. At least the hardcore Tales fans who bought into the PSP expecting all this love from Namco after the port flood could feel satiated.

Tales Studio is doing **** knows what, so Alfa System could make it. They seem to be big enough to handle a DS and PSP game concurrently and TotW was a competent piece of work.

Innocence will rock though. It better have a full on dating-sim sidequest and a sociopathic main character like Gunparade March.

Datschge

Farore said:
and actually, the director of Tales of the Tempest is Takeshi Narita
Actually Tempest has 6 persons called directors, and two of them are neither from Dimps nor from NBGI, what did those direct? =P

Farore said:
Konishi is the director of Namco Bandai Games Inc. Production staff (along with 2 other guys)... so, he didn't directed the game, he was in the team responsible of the commercialization/publicity/sales/etc. of the game...
I like how you are so sure of that. Unfortunately I've never heard anyone official clarify how much influence Namco/NBGI is taking on the game development. Either there is some which makes Konishi's director role significant, or there isn't any which makes Namco/NBGI little more than fulfilling the standard publisher role. As much as I like to believe the latter this is rather unlikely as we have already seen significant development contributions from the Namco side (Eternia's Namco staff had plenty tangible in-game results, enough to make them think they could do a new Tales [MelFes/Legendia] on their own, Abyss had quite some important contributors as well etc.) with credits not looking different than this one.

With Tales games it's better to keep expectations low since the quality across the board is jumping all over the place, and the resulting unpredictability (fuelled by not announcing the actual developer etc.) is part of NBGI's system.

ethelred

Farore said:
That's always my mentality about the games we don't know anything about yet... but then you read this:
And you have to admit that's not exactly something to be really positive about...

Well, that's weird. I said something about how the DS games might not be all crappy, and you come back with a comment on the Wii game. Pretty sure they're two different things, although with the Wii's lack of power I guess you never can tell.

I'm fine if people want to assume the Wii game'll suck; perfectly reasonable until Scamco at least has the balls to tell us who's developing the game. But we know who's developing Innocence and their track record isn't awful (plenty of people are playing their other most recent game right now and enjoying it). And if Namco's serious about its "DS is the focus" thing (and if they're not, why's everyone getting all bent out of shape?) then presumably we'll see an announcement later for a game made by one of the two Tales Studio teams. We know what their track record is. I tend to operate under the thought that if I know a developer's track record and I know they make good games, they're not going to suddenly start making bad games just because they're working on a particular system.

Shouta said:
And the best iterations in each of those series has been on consoles (except maybe Metroid).

Really? Between the handheld Marios, Metroids, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblems, Zeldas, Dragon Quests, SRWs... how many have you played?

Except maybe Metroid, you say. What about excepting Zelda, too? After all, plenty of the intelligentsia here believes Link's Awakening to be the best of the 2D Zeldae, and now even more people are calling Phantom Hourglass one of the best in the series. Kid Icarus for GB was pretty well received, no? Plenty of people would tell you NSMB is one of the best in that series.

Shouta said:
This is especially true for for games and series where the experience is everything about it rather than just the gameplay. For Tales, the audio and visual presentation is a huge part of the experience and putting it on a handheld is limiting the possibilities for those areas. When you limit the audio and visual elements, you're gimping the experience. Would you see a version of an animated movie with a poor number of frames and poor voice acting or the same movie with lush animation and top-notch voice acting?

This is one of the reasons why I made a stink about DQ9 back when it was announced.

Aww, now see, you had me going there for a while. Here I was thinking you were speaking reasonable points -- it's true that Tales has consistently been relatively high in production values so far as audio and visuals go and that that's always been a notable element of the series. But then you brough up DQ under your banner of "games or series where the experience is everything about it rather than just the gameplay" and I realized no, Shouta's just pulling my leg.

Good one, though. Like I said, you really had me going for a while.

Shouta said:
Tossing it on a handheld (excluding PSP) and accepting it is ultimately settling for less. This is especially true for for games and series where the experience is everything about it rather than just the gameplay.

If you honestly believe the gameplay in 2D Tales has gotten so complex -- so fast, so frenetic, so hectic and crazed -- that it would be severely compromised on any handheld, then I fail to see how it would be any better on the PSP.

Deku

Banned
The console/handheld argument is a red herring. There hasn't been a handheld like the DS or the PSP. And I've enjoyed the gaming experiences on my DS a lot more than on consoles.

The 'stripped down' experience argument doesn't really hold water. Certainly there are still publishers stripping down console experiences but the original titles on the DS are in a class of their own and stand up well to console games.

I'm not really sure why people continue to make the argument that portable games must mean lesser experiences or a lesser quality. If anything a look at the console titles currently announced for the next-gen systems show a rather anemic market when compared to the vibrancy, and depth of the kinds of experiences you can enjoy on the portables.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
ethelred said:
Really? Between the handheld Marios, Metroids, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblems, Zeldas, Dragon Quests, SRWs... how many have you played?

Except maybe Metroid, you say. What about excepting Zelda, too? After all, plenty of the intelligentsia here believes Link's Awakening to be the best of the 2D Zeldae, and now even more people are calling Phantom Hourglass one of the best in the series. Kid Icarus for GB was pretty well received, no? Plenty of people would tell you NSMB is one of the best in that series.

Wow. You're pretty off here. Link to the Past says hello, and the majority of people have yet to play Phantom Hourglass, despite the good impressions. No one cares about Kid Icarus. And NSMB the best one in that series? What? Oi vey bro.

Aww, now see, you had me going there for a while. Here I was thinking you were speaking reasonable points -- it's true that Tales has consistently been relatively high in production values so far as audio and visuals go and that that's always been a notable element of the series. But then you brough up DQ under your banner of "games or series where the experience is everything about it rather than just the gameplay" and I realized no, Shouta's just pulling my leg.

You're putting words in his mouth. Especially where I bolded. I know you're quick to jump on anyone when DQ is concerned, but at least comment on what guy is actually saying.

As for this thread, anyone jumping on anyone for not wanting to play a series on handhelds should give it a rest. What's the big deal? Going to exclude them out of your fanboy group now? Not everyone needs to be so ****ing diehard about a series that should just up and happily play whatever console or handheld it appears on. Accept it, some people don't care to play certain games and series on handhelds.

I hope the people bitching the others out have enjoyed Tales of Tactics, Tales of Breaker, Tales of Wahrheit, and Tales of Common for cell phones. If you aren't pimping those, you aren't a true fan!

Durante

Shouta said:
Tossing it on a handheld (excluding PSP) and accepting it is ultimately settling for less. This is especially true for for games and series where the experience is everything about it rather than just the gameplay. For Tales, the audio and visual presentation is a huge part of the experience and putting it on a handheld is limiting the possibilities for those areas. When you limit the audio and visual elements, you're gimping the experience. Would you see a version of an animated movie with a poor number of frames and poor voice acting or the same movie with lush animation and top-notch voice acting?
I completely agree with this (well, I wouldn't really exclude PSP), I just no longer try to argue it at GAF.

ethelred

Kintaro said:
Wow. You're pretty off here. Link to the Past says hello, and the majority of people have yet to play Phantom Hourglass, despite the good impressions. No one cares about Kid Icarus. And NSMB the best one in that series? What? Oi vey bro.

Where am I off? First, I imasgine some people care about Kid Icarus or there wouldn't be such constant whining for a new one. Second, yeah, NSMB is great. I never said it's the best, but it is one of the best in the series -- I like it more than 1, 2, and any of the 3D ones. As to Zelda... It's true that quite a few people consider Link's Awakening superior to A Link to the Past; the fact that PH hasn't been released yet in America doesn't change the praise it's getting from john tv or sporsk or Jonnyram or ducky or Kobun.

Also, Mother 3 > Earthbound.

The point was that major series can have a game in their main series on a handheld and still turn out just fine. It's silly to start from the mindset that it's going to suck, that it can't possibly deliver an excellent experience, or that if you take a group of people that consistently makes games you like and put them on new hardware they're then going to make a terrible game.

Kintaro said:
You're putting words in his mouth. Especially where I bolded. I know you're quick to jump on anyone when DQ is concerned, but at least comment on what guy is actually saying.

I didn't put words in his mouth. I quoted exactly what he said.

Durante said:
I completely agree with this (well, I wouldn't really exclude PSP), I just no longer try to argue it at GAF.

This position seems a bit at odds with what you said about Disgaea 3. Wasn't there a whole lot of bitching at everyone for making a big deal out of the graphics, for questioning its platform choice, etc. and so on?

Durante

ethelred said:
This position seems a bit at odds with what you said about Disgaea 3. Wasn't there a whole lot of bitching at everyone for making a big deal out of the graphics, for questioning its platform choice, etc. and so on?
It would perhaps at first glance. But Disgaea and all the N1 games never were about awesome visual presentation -- D1 looks like a PS1 game. Shouta's argument specifically referenced that as a reason he dislikes the Tales DS move. What N1 games do have is a copious supply of funny (Japanese at least) voice acting, so you would still see me bitching if Disgaea 3 went DS exclusive. Also, it's quite a tenuous connection at best anyway, as Disgaea 3 doesn't look worse than any previous entry in the series -- in fact it looks better.

Jiggy

Kintaro said:
Even if a person thinks of Link to the Past as the series' best (which I do), it was brought to GBA, so the point would stand that it's entirely possible for a person's favorite in the series to be done on a portable. Honestly, any of the Zelda games other than Wind Waker and Twilight Princess could have been done on DS.
Or how about a better example: every Mario game except Sunshine is on GBA or DS. And if you factor in Mario Land and Mario Land 2, the number of portable exclusives beats out home console exclusives by one. The only people who can't technically say that their favorite Mario is a "portable game" are the ones who like Sunshine best.

I hope the people bitching the others out have enjoyed Tales of Tactics, Tales of Breaker, Tales of Wahrheit, and Tales of Common for cell phones. If you aren't pimping those, you aren't a true fan!
*cues up Wikipedia*

Whoa. :eek: Freaking heck, man, that's awesome. Thanks for the heads-up. I'd totally buy them...
...if they were available in this country. :p Bad comparison.
No sarcasm, either, and I'm not even saying this just to make a point. I'd honestly buy them, even if they were still in Japanese. (Didn't stop me from importing and enjoying Pokemon six months before the rest of the US.) Tactics and Breaker look especially cool, and looking at this Wikipedia page makes me just that little bit more sad that these cell phone game services haven't really taken off in North America.

Top Bottom