• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Weight Loss Before/After thread! Pics ahoy!

Me in 2014 vs a few weeks ago.

9oGk99a.jpg

Around 200~ pounds now. So.. much.. excess.. skin...

Awesome progress FStop7 and The Dord!

Week 38: 0.2 lbs gain
Week 39: 3.4 lbs loss
Week 40: 5.2 lbs gain
Week 41: 5.4 lbs loss
Week 42: 1.8 lbs loss

5th Jul 2015: 273 lbs
Current Weight: 176 lbs

Last week I managed to lose what I put on during that week 2 weeks ago, and I really wasn't expecting to lose anything this week going by my trends, but happy I did.

Nearly at the 100 lbs mark...

I lost 135 lbs from April 2013 through June 2014. The first 100 in the first 7 months. I kept it off for about a year, but a series of shit events (major car accident, knee issues) has led to me gaining back about 40.

342 to 207 to 250.

I need to get back.

Xun

Good work guys! Inspiring stuff.

I posted this in the fitness thread, but how would I lose fat in my face/neck?

I'm not what I would call overweight at all (I get called slim at times), so it's a little frustrating that I have a more fat around my neck than I would like.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Good work guys! Inspiring stuff.

I posted this in the fitness thread, but how would I lose fat in my face/neck?

I'm not what I would call overweight at all (I get called slim at times), so it's a little frustrating that I have a more fat around my neck than I would like.

You'd just need to lose weight. Can't fat spot sadly. Can only lose the weight and be patient and wait for it to lose it in the area you'd like.

Xun

You'd just need to lose weight. Can't fat spot sadly. Can only lose the weight and be patient and wait for it to lose it in the area you'd like.
I knew you couldn't fat spot, but since I'm not really overweight I didn't know if I had to approach things from a different angle.

Some people who are fatter than me have less neck fat, and it's frustrating... :/

Well, I think I've reached the end of my weight loss journey.

Closest thing I have to a before pic:

Now:

Went from around 258 to 168 since October. Last 10 pounds or so have been much slower since I'm trying to go more for muscle now and eat more.
Good stuff man!

Is it normal to gain some weight upon starting to work out? I joined a gym last week, which was a huge step for me, but have somehow managed to gain 3lb. I've still been tracking everything I eat and drink, so it definitely isn't due to overcompensatory eating after a workout. If this had happened six months ago, I would have just said "fuck it" and given up at this point, but I've lost 50 pounds up to now and am determined not to slide back into my old way of life. Still, I'm pretty disheartened right now.

Edited to add: workouts so far have just consisted of cardio, no strength training yet.

Schlep

Can't say whether or not just cardio would add weight, but do strength training now. Take it from someone who did it the wrong way years ago.

Ixian

Is it normal to gain some weight upon starting to work out? I joined a gym last week, which was a huge step for me, but have somehow managed to gain 3lb. I've still been tracking everything I eat and drink, so it definitely isn't due to overcompensatory eating after a workout. If this had happened six months ago, I would have just said "fuck it" and given up at this point, but I've lost 50 pounds up to now and am determined not to slide back into my old way of life. Still, I'm pretty disheartened right now.

Edited to add: workouts so far have just consisted of cardio, no strength training yet.
Muscles retain water when repairing themselves. Granted you're doing cardio, but you'd still see some of that as well since you're just starting. Also, as Schlep said, start strength training ASAP.

Munti

So I went to a doctor for a small check-up and in addition I asked him about my belly.
He said that I don’t have visceral fat and that i’m totally healthy.
Apparently I only have the under-the-skin-fat and I have a fat belly because that I ate a too much during my childhood.
So more fat cells were created and I will have them forever.
My only options are downsizing the cells with dieting+sporting or liposuction (it’s kind of frustating to feel the consequences of the past -.-).

When I’m standing up it’s quite ok. As soon I bend down, it looks terrible. Here some pics for comparision:

Here and here.

When I sit down, it looks even more terrible :(.

1. Does diet+sport really help to downsize the fat cells? I’m trying for a long time with eating healthy and gym, but I don’t see any improvement. (Maybe I have to be more extreme?)
  2. How smaller can a stomach become with downsized cells? Hoping for a big difference :)
  3. What do you think about liposuction?

An other topic :
I’m going to the gym for 3 years now ( 3 x 6months with big breaks in between & 1,5+years now) and I don’t have the feeling that I do great progress.
My chest and legs became hard (which I'm proud of), but if you look at me you probably wouldn’t think that I train. Any reccomendation ?

Ixian

An other topic :
I’m going to the gym for 3 years now ( 3 x 6months with big breaks in between & 1,5+years now) and I don’t have the feeling that I do great progress.
My chest and legs became hard (which I'm proud of), but if you look at me you probably wouldn’t think that I train. Any reccomendation ?
Hit the Fitness thread.

Soooo I'm at 100 lbs lost in about 10.5 months.

iJ55eRa.jpg

I'd had taken that when I first posted in here last July. Haha.

Here's my progress chart for anybody interested...

Click Me

And here's a before, after AND after pic (never thought I'd do one of them)...

Click Me

I should probably stop now but it's pretty addictive. I still treat myself to bad stuff now and again, it's just I'm used to my 70,000+ steps a week routine now...I enjoy it.

Going for my kickboxing orange belt next Sunday, and finally getting a tattoo in July. Always wanted one but not at the size I was.

Life is good, man. Thanks to all of you who've posted in here over the past year, you're all inspiring in your own ways :)

mingo

my weight has been up and down over the years. i was once 18st / 252lbs. I managed to get down to 12.5st / 175lbs in a year. Then it started creeping up again and put on 2st / 28lbs which again i lost. After the birth of the little one i got lazy and went up to 212lbs and now I'm trying to lose it again!!!! This time I'm gonna be determined to carry on going and not go back up again. I'm gonna aim even lower this time.

Despite the amount of training i do, my weight loss is very slow. I assume i have very low metabolism.

a few years ago

just over a year ago

last week

August 30th 2015 - May 30th 2016

Lashley

My diets been shit this past month, put on about 3lbs

Back to calorie counting and eating better now though, so should burn that off quickly enough

Xenophage

Neo Member
Hello Weight loss Gaf,

Some pretty inspirational stuff here.

I've managed to maintain my weight loss over the past few years, but I've bounced back and forth quite a few times. This time I'm hoping it's for good.

Current weight is 95 kilos, and I'm looking to go down to 90. When I started, I was 120 kilos.

http://imgur.com/JGjKNnJ

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Absolutely shit the bed today, it was my Grans 79th and we had a BBQ, I probably ate 2 days worth of calories, dat triple layer chocolate cake was evil.

chriscake

Neo Member
Well I'm getting back on the weight loss train. I've gone to the gym the past two days. It's a small start but a start nevertheless. Everyone's great progress is so inspiring!

dantehemi

Time to start again after putting on a ton of weight over the last 2-3 years... I had originally lost over 100lbs by doing keto and it was great. But life happened and I found out that some people use drugs and alcohol for stress relief and I use food..lots and lots of food!!
I have been trying to get back on that keto bandwagon over the last year or so and found it much more difficult this time around..I blame being in a relationship and just getting lazy and going out to eat more dinners. Well now I'm engaged and we are going to have a destination wedding in 11 months and I want to feel good on the beach!! It's been 3 days and so far i have been able to follow a keto diet and I really hope I can keep this up for the year and even after..

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Time to start again after putting on a ton of weight over the last 2-3 years... I had originally lost over 100lbs by doing keto and it was great. But life happened and I found out that some people use drugs and alcohol for stress relief and I use food..lots and lots of food!!
I have been trying to get back on that keto bandwagon over the last year or so and found it much more difficult this time around..I blame being in a relationship and just getting lazy and going out to eat more dinners. Well now I'm engaged and we are going to have a destination wedding in 11 months and I want to feel good on the beach!! It's been 3 days and so far i have been able to follow a keto diet and I really hope I can keep this up for the year and even after..

Hopefully the motivation to look good in your wedding photos will keep you on track! You only get one chance (well, probably...)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Went up to 15st 5lbs, 15st being the maximum I like to be so I went back on my diet properly and got back down to 14st 11lbs. I had a back operation yesterday and felt miserable so I ended up in bed eating all day and wracked up 3200 calories, oops. 14st 4lbs is my ultimate goal but under 15st feels perfectly fine so I lack motivation to stay strict, plus I tell myself without the loose skin I'd be at that weight anyway. It's hard to believe only a couple of years ago I was 21st 3lbs and that wasn't even my heaviest.

How's it going, guys? I'm doing well at keeping around my target weight...in fact, a little TOO well. I weighed today and I'm at 165lbs, which is 8lbs under my final target (which, itself, was revised 3 times, haha). I'm eating SO much more stuff that I didn't allow myself before, and I'm not walking as much as I used to, so I'm a little surprised, but happy. Kickboxing twice a week obviously helps (3 times this week as I got my green belt today) and it's been hot so there's that too...so I'm at a 108lbs loss in a little under 13 months.

I wish this thread was more active!

mingo

I've broken through the weight loss plateau I suffered just over 2 1/2 years ago. Then it went downhill from there. Last time I got down to 83kg and it wouldn't go anymore, then the little one was born and gained 15kg. Weighed myself today and I was down to 82kg. I feel I still got a lot in me and gonna push to mid 70s and maybe beyond.

finally getting back on track. my body is apparently already in ketosis and ive lost 5lbs this week so far which is already on top of the 25lbs ive lost from march to august from just being slightly more active and not really dieting. Down to 249 from around 280.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't had to post for awhile but I've stumbled big time. I went down to 14st 10 lowest, and I'm now 15st 7, with 15 being where I aim to maintain at 6ft 3. I haven't been weighing my food or calculating anything and here's the result, I feel slower, fatter and just gross. I will be going back onto my diet full anal mode from now on, I'm putting in my weeks food now on MyFitnessPal.

Fistwell

lol Steve, it happens. I had become quite lax myself and gained back 8Kg (up to 88 from previous maintenance weight of 80). Logging calories, eating better and fitting fasted jogs in my daily running schedule, I'm down 6Kg in about 5 weeks, with 2 more Kg to go. Although, honestly, the first 3-ish seemed to be pure bloat and dropped in a matter of days.

So, yeah, get back into it, but having been there and gone through it already, I think (and hope) it'll go over smoothly for you. Best of luck!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks man, and good luck to you too. I've just finished putting in my calories for the week and I've warned the family I'm going to be a moody sod for awhile lol. My issue is getting enough calories without going over on fat so I've just picked up some no fat yogurt and some rice cakes which should help, easy to nibble on but not too many calories and zero fat. If I stick to the plan I will lose the weight, I always do, sticking to the plan is often the problem though as I'm a greedy twat at heart :D

Lashley

Everyone gains some weight back. You learn from falling down

I've put on some weight recently. Bucking my ideas up though

Stalk

January 2016
I'm the male :p It's rare for me to have a photo taken since I hate having photos taken of me, so my partner forces me sometimes.

93-95kg, I'm not sure? It was around seeing this photo I got the drive to try and lose weight.

August 2016

80-81kg? I think.

About 14kg but I feel the difference. Been terrible about exercise since I got back from holiday and really need to get back on the horse... been gorging so probably put some back on too haha but I still fit in my size 34 trousers (rather than 38-40) so I feel happy for now.

Any tips on how to successfully do a break day? I've lost 30 lbs and would like to have a break day, but I would like to help ensure that it doesn't result in too much of a temptation to stop. My plan is to do a celebratory dinner with friends, and then end with a toast to the next 30 lbs, kind of as a way to formalize the end of the break day. Anything I should be considering? Thank you!!

January 2016
I'm the male :p It's rare for me to have a photo taken since I hate having photos taken of me, so my partner forces me sometimes.

93-95kg, I'm not sure? It was around seeing this photo I got the drive to try and lose weight.

August 2016

80-81kg? I think.

About 14kg but I feel the difference. Been terrible about exercise since I got back from holiday and really need to get back on the horse... been gorging so probably put some back on too haha but I still fit in my size 34 trousers (rather than 38-40) so I feel happy for now.
That's awesome! You can totally see the progress (and if I can be a little snarky, now you match your sig-o more than before :) (I only mean that in good fun))

DopeToast

Banned
Yo! Bumping this thread because it hardly gets any love. I'm back on track with my weight loss (which seems to happen about once or twice a year), and I am hopefully on a long-term downward trajectory. I've lost nearly twenty pounds in nine weeks doing little more than writing down everything I've eaten and not snacking between meals. Feels pretty good; clothes are fitting better. I also signed up for the YMCA and go every weekday before work, which is vital since I am no longer doing a very physical job and sit at a desk all day.

May 2010: 225 lbs.
May 2011: 270 lbs.
August 2011: 250 lbs.
October 2012: 300 lbs.
April 29, 2013: 300 lbs.
September 2013: 237.5 lbs.
Since then: Anywhere from 232-265

Now I'm sitting at 246 and am heading in the right direction. I've kept the majority of the weight I lost three years ago off, but I have much more that I want to lose. I'd love to be no higher than 225, with 175 as a sort of far-off goal. I posted pictures years ago in the old thread, and will do so again when I have more results.

Keep up the good work everyone!

I started the ideal protein diet, my parents did it to great success and they paid for me to start.

2 week I've lost 15 pounds, my week 3 weigh in is later tonight. Might make a thread once I get closer to the end of the diet.

Hamarr

Neo Member
I keep meaning to post a reply to this thread. A lot of you in here have inspiring stories that have been leading me to want to lose weight. I've tried in the past a few different times but have had some other issues to sort out to get to a place where I'm ready.

I've been working through getting rid of some fatigue the past few months. I was taking a medication that was killing me, and also was diagnosed with sleep apnea recently. Between getting off of the medication and using a cpap machine, I've been feeling tons better. The most surprising thing is my carb and sugar cravings have gone down a lot since I started sleeping better. My doctor mentioned that this would be the case, but it sounded too good to be true. I guess my body no longer needs simple carbs and sugar just to get through the day.

My diet is horrible. I have lived off of chips, soda, fast food and pizza for years. I've tried doing Atkins and paleo type diets before, but I don't know how to cook. Do any of you have recommendations on learning how and meal planning?

Put on 4lbs over the Christmas period. Once today and tomorrow are out of the way, I'll get back on the train.

Roll on 2017! Good luck with everybody's goals!

Top Bottom