• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Offseason Thread |OT2| No Country for Old Members

The 2016 NFL Offseason continues with both the draft and more importantly free agency right around the corner.

NFL-Draft-Main-500-300-2016.jpg

The NFL-Gaf mock draft will take place on Monday April 18th and will begin at 10am EST. The current sign-up sheet is available here:

AFC

East

Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins - Chris, SkLa
New England Patriots - AHAHAHAHAHHA
New York Jets - Fox318

North

Baltimore Ravens - Nakazato, BaltimoreLarry
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns - FloydtheFathead
Pittsburgh Steelers - AngmarsKing701, chuckddd

South

Houston Texans - Mech, Dega
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans

West

Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders - Beach, McKenzie, OfficerRob
San Diego Chargers

NFC

East

Dallas Cowboys - Farooq, CrocMother
New York Giants - Futurevoid, Striker, Draxal, BigAT
Philadelphia Eagles - Hindl, yankeehater, Jabee
Washington Redskins

North

Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions - Kastrioti
Green Bay Packers -brentech
Minnesota Vikings

South

Atlanta Falcons - RBH
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Syrinx

West

Arizona Cardinals
Los Angeles Rams - Fantomex
San Francisco 49ers - Doomsayer, bigosc2k
Seattle Seahawks - cdyhybrid

Dutch will take whatever team is left

If you're interested, please post in the thread and your name will be added to the team you specify. I'll be posting the rules for the mock draft as we approach the date.

I will also update the OP with the mock draft as it happens as well.

Thanks!

....and this one goes out to our fallen NFL-Gaf bros.

394Qm3p.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
RIP eznark I'll miss your Lions posts and posts in general. I guess I'll repost this since I didn't know we were so close to OT2.

Lions could be appealing option for rookie quarterbacks ready to learn

INDIANAPOLIS -- Matthew Stafford isn’t going anywhere. He’s the starting quarterback for the Detroit Lions, and if Calvin Johnson retires, the most recognizable face in the franchise.

He’s also shown improvement under Jim Caldwell, completing 60 percent of his passes or more in every game last season. He thrived under offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter the second half of last season, hitting the top 10 in almost every major quarterbacking category.

"If I’m being selfish, for me personally and my career, you look at the best players in the NFL right now, or the best quarterbacks, and they all had a chance to sit behind someone for some period of time," Stanford quarterback Kevin Hogan said. "You look back at Aaron Rodgers, Kirk Cousins, Colin Kaepernick, Tony Romo. Look at Tom Brady, he sat for a year.

"If you can sit and adjust yourself to the game and learn as much as you can, that’ll serve yourself. It’ll be good for you in the long run."

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lio...ealing-option-to-rookie-quarterbacks-to-learn

I'd be totally OK with drafting a QB around the 5th round or so and I think Bob Quinn is going to do that.

No need to spend money on a backup QB when we can draft a young guy who can sit behind Stafford and learn the game from Stafford and Coach Cooter.

IMO it's better to take a risk with a mid round Rookie QB as your backup going into the season that someone like Dan Orlowsky. We already know Dan O is a backup QB whereas with you could have someone special learning the NFL game while Stafford is out on the field dropping 350 yards, 3 TDs a game.

RBH

BigAT, Eznark, Jak, and Bionic may not be with us today............but RBH is still here, baby!

Yeah!

QlRGtKb.gif

Slo

We need buckethead to come back.

I predict that a new Packer fan will rise from the ashes. Someone who is hateful beyond his post count. A rare breed of Sconi' with the monetary means and the average IQ needed to purchase a McMansion in the hills of Kentucky, and the lawn tractor to care for it all. Someone with a newly registered email address.

The chosen one.

I predict that a new Packer fan will rise from the ashes. Someone who is hateful beyond his post count. A rare breed of Sconi' with the monetary means and the average IQ needed to purchase a McMansion in the hills of Kentucky, and the lawn tractor to care for it all. Someone with a newly registered email address.

The chosen one.

jnc

rando14

Ban football forever

The chosen one.

hahaha

Top Bottom