• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 12 |OT| Shanksgiving

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Current playoff picture:
IS6NYp5.png

MIN @ DET
WAS @ DAL
PIT @ IND

TEN @ CHI
JAX @ BUF
CIN @ BAL
ARI @ ATL
NYG @ CLE
LA @ NO
SF @ MIA
SD @ HOU
SEA @ TB
NE @ NYJ
CAR @ OAK
KC @ DEN

GB @ PHI

An ode to past week 12s:

tday.gif

this_guy

How am I supposed to enjoy my free McNuggets today after the refs hosed us? I will eat them while raising one fist in the air and shaking it volently.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
How am I supposed to enjoy my free McNuggets today after the refs hosed us? I will eat them while raising one fist in the air and shaking it volently.

dude, those refs turrible. So disappointing, they should have won that one, defense dominated till the 4th quarter.

Hindl

Nah, if anything they're going to be the reason he loses his job. Every team that plays the Packers right now probably smells blood in the water.

In all honesty I am expecting a win. The Packers are collapsing and the Eagles have been a completely different team at home vs on the road. And their last few games have been against some of the top teams in the NFL when they played (Steelers, Vikings, Falcons). But Rodgers just makes me nervous, even if the Packers are in a slump. Plus this is probably the first time our practice squad WR will get reps so it'll probably be a little ugly

Sephzilla

In all honesty I am expecting a win. The Packers are collapsing and the Eagles have been a completely different team at home vs on the road. And their last few games have been against some of the top teams in the NFL when they played (Steelers, Vikings, Falcons). But Rodgers just makes me nervous, even if the Packers are in a slump. Plus this is probably the first time our practice squad WR will get reps so it'll probably be a little ugly

Any time you get nervous about Rodgers, just take a deep breath and remember that the Packers have a secondary that a college team could score on right now.

The Thanksgiving game has not been this big for Detroit in a long time. A win would basically give them a 2 game lead in the division. Ford Field is gonna be rockin! I would say it would be like a playoff atmosphere, but we don't know what that's like at Ford Field...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Any time you get nervous about Rodgers, just take a deep breath and remember that the Packers have a secondary that a college team could score on right now.

Yeah I mean, if Carson Wentz can throw over our secondary then they should put up 35 points.

The only way we win that game is if our pass rush can continuously get to the quarterback.

Sephzilla

Brian Cushing by and large is not tackling aggressively anymore. He should just retire because he's just sitting back and making weak tackles 10 yards down.

Why retire now? That mindset carried AJ Hawk to a solid career. Cushing could pad out his career another few years this way

Zeke

Yay! New thread, GO COWBOYS! I'm getting dragged to West Texas for thanksgiving instead of staying in my comfy metropolis God help me if there isn't a way to watch turkey day football.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Yay! New thread, GO COWBOYS! I'm getting dragged to West Texas for thanksgiving instead of staying in my comfy metropolis God help me if there isn't a way to watch turkey day football.

I doubt you could avoid football in texas if you tried.

Line_HTX

MIN @ DET
WAS @ DAL
PIT @ IND

TEN @ CHI
JAX @ BUF
CIN @ BAL
ARI @ ATL
NYG @ CLE
LA @ NO
SF @ MIA
SD @ HOU

SEA @ TB
NE @ NYJ
CAR @ OAK

KC @ DEN

GB @ PHI

foppy79

MIN @ DET
WAS @ DAL - The gravy train stops here
PIT @ IND

TEN @ CHI
JAX @ BUF
CIN @ BAL
ARI @ ATL
NYG @ CLE
LA @ NO
SF @ MIA
SD @ HOU
SEA @ TB
NE @ NYJ
CAR @ OAK
KC @ DEN

GB @ PHI - Tie. McCarthy gets contract extension

You ain't putting respeck on Cody Kessler's name right now
I think there's a possibility he might get shut down for the rest of the season with his 2nd concussion. And at this point I think it's obvious we will take a qb at some point high, Kessler isn't pushing the ball downfield as much as they'd like. Would have loved if he solidified himself and we could take Myles Garrett or someone in the draft.

Eagles should help me out and tank the rest of the season. I think there's a good chance we'll see RG3 again this season, maybe after the bye He'll take over.

MechDX

“Am I Done?”

It was the beginning of this fall. Normally, I never get to be home in the fall. The leaves were changing. The air was crisp. The nostalgia came over me. As we drove through my hometown, I thought about everything that had happened over the past year.

One broken hand.

One staph infection.

Two torn abs.

Three torn adductor muscles.

One herniated disc. (Twice).

That was my 2015 season. Believe it or not, the scariest was probably the staph infection.

Some people started to wonder if I was done.

There was a time when I genuinely wondered, “Am I done?”

I didn’t feel like myself. I had never even had one major surgery before, much less three in one year. To have the game taken away from me three times — each time left to wonder if I would ever be the same again — that was hard. That was the first time the word retirement had ever crept into my head.

Then I went home.

Since that last surgery, I’ve spent the past two months recovering back in Wisconsin. Not allowed to play football, not allowed to train, not allowed to do anything more than walk. There were no interviews, no social media, no commercials, no appearances, no anything. For the first time in 18 years, I took a step back, away from everything.

I hadn’t had the months of October and November “open” on my calendar since the fourth grade. I was nine years old then, and in my town, you weren’t allowed to start playing tackle football until you were 10. Only one more year.

In that moment, I had a realization. I was actually overwhelmed by it. Football has been everything to me since I was 10 years old. For the past few months, all of that has been taken away. It’s been like a mini-retirement. And I realized that the money, the fame, the awards, the people talking about me on TV, none of that matters. None of those things have any effect on why I love this game and why I give everything I have to it.

Don’t get me wrong, those things are nice, and I appreciate how fortunate I am to make the kind of money I do and experience the things I get to experience, but that’s not what I crave. What I crave is that feeling of being completely and entirely spent. When you walk off the field at the end of a two-a-day in the middle of August drenched in sweat, completely exhausted. When you finish a 6 a.m. workout before school and you’re fighting to keep your eyes open in first period. When you sit around the bonfire after the game with your boys, and your body has nothing left. You’re almost numb. And you know you laid it all on the line.

Yes, over the last year, I’ve been through some dark times, and my body was beat up more than most people probably realize. But I’ve learned that a life without adversity is a boring life to live. I’ve experienced the highs, and I’ve experienced the lows, and both are better than living in the middle.

The kid in me is back.

Am I done?

Hell no.

I’m just getting started

giphy.gif

Watt returns to Houston today to start doing rehab with trainers. He will not be activated this year

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
He misses the "first fall chill in the air"

But man you play in fucking Houston where it's not even "cool" in fall!

MechDX

He misses the "first fall chill in the air"

But man you play in fucking Houston where it's not even "cool" in fall!

Low yesterday morning was 50.

I'm just happy he isn't retiring early.

Will he ever be 100% Watt again? Probably not. But a 75% Watt is better than 95% of the players in this league

Feel for him though because I know he wanted to play in GB badly this year in front of friends and family. At least he will make the trip with the team

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Low yesterday morning was 50.

I'm just happy he isn't retiring early.

Will he ever be 100% Watt again? Probably not. But a 75% Watt is better than 95% of the players in this league

Feel for him though because I know he wanted to play in GB badly this year in front of friends and family. At least he will make the trip with the team

Seems like Clowney is finally getting there as a player at least....

Just in time for a contract!

Top Bottom