• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 15 |OT| We didn't do it

MechDX

I'm not sure if we have enough room for another animu

Me and wienke at the club:

giphy.gif

Striker

Jags are terrible because Bort has gone full Schaub. You never go full Schaub.

Their defense is ranked #7 in the league and was #4 before Sunday
Yards tho.

Just noticed the Falcons, Saints and Panthers are the third worst pass D's in terms of yards. nfcsouth.jpg

http://i.giphy.com/kW1xwavGnCz2U.gif[img]
Im bored so...
Super Cam!!![/QUOTE]

Simpler times friend.

Simpler times.

Brings up an interesting what if tho. The Panthers started that season 1-3 with 2 of those three losses being classic pre-Riverboat meltdowns (@Bills was especially egregious). It's very likely that if the Panthers don't beat the Football Giants by 7000 points in Week 3, Rivera gets canned in that bye week. He's gone on to be two-time coach of the year since then but he could have seen the end of his head coaching career like that.

You bums still haven't made a new thread? I'll make one in the next few hours if no one does. Have to do a few things first. Should be up before 3pm est if I do it

Also I feel like I am partly to blame for the rise of the Alt Floy movement

LJ11

Called it.

3 years in a row BOB's starter got benched. And another QB of his is Hack.

At some point, it's his fault. Fans can't deny it forever.

How is it a coaches fault that players lack talent? Hard to turn shit into gold. I mean you can't even get upset at year 1 & 2, where was the talent at QB? Fans have a legit beef this year because Oz didn't show he had the goods before signing that deal, but it's a player evaluation issue, less so coaching. Again, Hack isn't good, stop projecting it as a coaching issue, some guys fucking suck. Carr couldn't sit in the pocket and read if his life depended on it at the college level, atrocious pocket awareness. Completely different in the pros, is that all on the coaches, how much is that on Carr? There's no secret sauce, some guys get it, some don't, you can't give coaches all the credit or all of the blame when it comes to player development, so many variables.

Marinelli was showing Barr tapes of past pass rushers he coached during the draft. Zimmer has him playing inside backer. I know the Vikings have a deep rotation at end, but maybe Barr is being misused?

Barr never showed he could cover before entering the league, I remember him being a rusher exclusively, outside of some zone drops on blitzes. Thing is, he's actually shown to be a pretty good space player, but he's incredibly athletic and probably relies more on his natural talents than a feel for the position. He's a 3-4 OLB playing in 4-3 under scheme where he drops more than rushes, but last year he was lights out, so he's shown he can play as a backer, or rather the small sample size showed he could play the position.

Really like him as a player, hope he bounces back.

Adam Gase is injecting excitement into the Dolphins‘ offense. After years of being bland and boring, Miami is hitting on big plays at a higher rate than any team in the NFL this season.

According to SportingCharts, the Dolphins lead the league with 10.2 percent of their plays meeting the criteria of either a 10-yard run or 25-yard pass. They have 50 rushing plays of at least 10 yards and 30 passes of at least 25.

No other team is in double digits. Buffalo is second at 9.8 percent. Half the league is under 7.2 percent.

The Dolphins never topped 7.6 percent during Joe Philbin’s time as head coach and bottomed out at 5.8 percent in 2013, which ranked 28th that year.

On a related note, Kenny Stills’ 52-yard score against the Jets made him the first Dolphin in 30 years (Mark Duper) to record three 50-yard touchdown catches in a season.

It has been a fun ride, that's for sure.

dionysus

Yaldog
Yards tho.

Just noticed the Falcons, Saints and Panthers are the third worst pass D's in terms of yards. nfcsouth.jpg

Well, you have Drew Brees and Matt Ryan in your division and drew the AFC west this year. That is going to challenge any secondary. I am not claiming the secondaries are good, just that they are a bit better than their stats. I mean, a team like the Pats should automatically have great secondary numbers because of the division they play in.

NFC south in general had tough schedules this year, especially the Panthers.

Spinluck

Maybe Savage will score in three playoffs.

The texans reaally just needed a more viable qb then Brock. If they had done so then they would probably be fighting for a first round bye...

QB has been a Texans problem for as long as the Texans. Which is funny cause our problems have usually been nearly everything but QB.

Top Bottom