• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 9 |OT| - This. is. the. GPODAWUND

Hmmm I'm no expect or even a baseball fan but the tribe losing after being up 3-1 seems like the worst case scenario. Especially after the Cavs 3-1 ....and all the fun they've had with that 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Elder abuse is not ok friend :/

jbug617

Banned
man
CwK3R1qVYAAvsxh.jpg

CwK3R1rVIAATGxB.jpg

Did the Vikings and or Sam Bradford piss in your cheerios? Wew.

I was a fan of the now defunct Rams franchise, why do you think I might have an opinion on Sam Bradford?

Ask any of the Niners/Seahawks fans here about how scared
reassured
they were whenever they saw Sam Bradford lining up behind center?

wtf who would complain about free chicken

if i were rich i'd have a rotis every day

I am roasting my own chicken tonight for dinner. Nothing like that fresh outta the oven taste. Stuffing it with mirepoix, sage, and oregano. Rubbing butter underneath the skin. Gonna be awesome.

Such great news about Norv being out in vike bike land. Sam is having a great year so far but they need to switch up the playcalling. Opened the Eagles game throwing deep and then did the same thing against the Bears. Makes no fucking sense when the line cant block for even one second. Start out with some screens and short passes, try to tire out the D a little bit then hopefully some of the deep stuff will open up. Hopefully the vikes get back on track for the number one seed now.

Bread

Banned
Beadstream a fraud?

No wonder I spotted DM eating at a taco truck.

#struggles
CEOs have to make sacrifices for the good of the team

I am roasting my own chicken tonight for dinner. Nothing like that fresh outta the oven taste. Stuffing it with mirepoix, sage, and oregano. Rubbing butter underneath the skin. Gonna be awesome.
yeah but does it come in a plastic box sitting in grease? fuck no

the story is, the offense sucks and you are in charge, either resign or you are fired.
even a below average running game and offense and this team wins 12+ games, but they've lost the past two games purely on the inability to move the ball whatsoever, making the defense work way too hard to keep the games close.

I really don't think Norv is the issue there.

Line_HTX

Hmmm I'm no expert or even a baseball fan but the tribe losing after being up 3-1 seems like the worst case scenario. Especially after the Cavs 3-1 ....and all the fun they've had with that 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Man, if this is compensation for the Cavs comeback... Heh heh heh

I kid. I wanted Tribe in 7 all along.

bionic77

Such great news about Norv being out in vike bike land. Sam is having a great year so far but they need to switch up the playcalling. Opened the Eagles game throwing deep and then did the same thing against the Bears. Makes no fucking sense when the line cant block for even one second. Start out with some screens and short passes, try to tire out the D a little bit then hopefully some of the deep stuff will open up. Hopefully the vikes get back on track for the number one seed now.
Not many plays work when the guys up front can't block.

People found a weakness in the Vikings now they have to find a way to correct it.

I am trying to think over the past 10 years that there are not a lot of qb's in the league who could manufacture points when the line was not giving them any time or protection. Rodgers could do it, pre-Munn of course, and Ben always had that ability (less now than when he was younger because his wheels are a lot slower). I could place Wussle in that category too, but he is a bitch ass bitch loser so I will keep him off of it. Anyone else with this rare ability that I am missing? It is very rare that a qb can move away from pressure, keep his eyes downfield, not get rattled and accurately deliver the ball. In Ben's prime he could score 13-20 points almost by himself against a good defense by just playing the most elite fuckball you have ever seen.

squicken

Just seeing the Norv news. Bizarre. I think they'll be as okay (b/c it can't get worse) as they were but the bts will be interesting

Not many plays work when the guys up front can't block.

People found a weakness in the Vikings now they have to find a way to correct it.

I am trying to think over the past 10 years that there are not a lot of qb's in the league who could manufacture points when the line was not giving them any time or protection. Rodgers could do it, pre-Munn of course, and Ben always had that ability (less now than when he was younger because his wheels are a lot slower). I could place Wussle in that category too, but he is a bitch ass bitch loser so I will keep him off of it. Anyone else with this rare ability that I am missing? It is very rare that a qb can move away from pressure, keep his eyes downfield, not get rattled and accurately deliver the ball. In Ben's prime he could score 13-20 points almost by himself against a good defense by just playing the most elite fuckball you have ever seen.

This is so true. As much as I love Sam he is not going to escape the rush and make plays down field, especially when 3 guys are coming in unblocked at the snap. Another QB for your list of QBs that make big plays with terrible OLs is Luck. The Colts OL is a disaster every year but he still plays well.

Pepiope

2nd straight year that the Eagles Wr's are leading the league is drops. http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2016/

To bad Howie couldnt find anyone better then Chris Givens or Ruben Randle in the offseason.
If Howie got rid of any of our receivers you'd just be saying that he's getting rid of chip guys. There is no way for him to please you.

We've spent 3 high draft picks at WR. Sucks that only one of them is halfway decent thus far.

Can't fix everything in one season.

bionic77

Is Ben playing this week? Ravens are losing either way, but I'd rather it be to Roethlisberger instead of Landry Jones.
Steelers ain't saying.

Like you guys actually need to gameplan against fucking Landy. The plan is to stop Bell first and scheme against Ben. Everyone will live with whatever the hell Landry decides to do.

This is so true. As much as I love Sam he is not going to escape the rush and make plays down field, especially when 3 guys are coming in unblocked at the snap. Another QB for your list of QBs that make big plays with terrible OLs is Luck. The Colts OL is a disaster every year but he still plays well.
Yeah Luck can definitely manufacture offense entirely on his own.

He is being wasted in Indy. Sad to see. Already I feel like his arm has lost some zip on those 20-30 passes.

If Howie got rid of any of our receivers you'd just be saying that he's getting rid of chip guys. There is no way for him to please you.

We've spent 3 high draft picks at WRS. Sucks that only one of them is halfway decent thus far.

Can't fix everything in one season.

He doesnt have to get rid of any of the current slop just get someone better, hell anyone would be an improvement. I am shocked that they havent called up Turner from the PS yet. He cuaght every pass thrown to him in the preseason, at this point they have to try something different. These Wr's have had a year and a half, 2 different Qbs, 2 different offensive schemes, and they have been terrible no matter what. If you extrapolate out their yardage stats for the year this is what you get:

Ertz on pace for about 350 yards

agholor on pace for about 480 yards

huff on pace for about 160 yards

matthews on pace for about 900 yards

dgb on pace for about 450 yards

celek on pace for about 180 yards

Keep Matthews, cut everyone else.

MechDX

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...ho-are-upping-their-price-in-a-contract-year/

Key metric: Top-ranked CB by Pro Football Focus
Financial benchmark: David Amerson ($8.25M avg/$17M in guarantees)
Probability: $$$$
He has quietly developed into one of the league's better corners. Opposing quarterbacks are completing 54.3 percent of passes when targeting him for a 66.0 passer rating, according to Pro Football Focus. Retaining Bouye could put 32-year-old Johnathan Joseph's roster spot in jeopardy next season because of the Houston's depth at the position.

Kid is really getting noticed now. That contract keeps going up.....

Joseph can be cut for a 500K hit and save 6.5 million vs the cap. Put that money toward Bouye.

As a side not to this. Texans defensive backfield success is also getting position coach John Butler noticed. Likely lose him next year to another team as a DC

cashman

Banned
I didn't sign anything..

I think they get Larry Fedora and even Art Briles. Hell.. they might stay with Ed (that I think is a mistake because if Ed fucks up with recruiting and can't keep the Louisiana kids home.. he's fucked and LSU becomes Rutgers). They lost out on Herman and they aren't gonna pry Jimbo from Tallahassee and if USC ditches Helton.. they are doubly fucked.

Go get Bobby Wienke.. fire Fat-Face and get him back. It's not his fault he likes to cheat on his wife and bang big titted blonde coeds. Hell I would think that would make him a hero in your book.

It's not his fault that he likes to ride a motorcycle with no helmet. That is a positive if you want to become a Quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

or become a bust for the Browns as my Kellen Winslow Jr jersey sits in the attic

Art Briles isn't getting hired anywhere as far as CFB coaching goes.

squicken

Man I am reading some stuff that the Chiefs offense will "open up" with Nick Foles. That guy was cut by two teams this offseason for a reason

I think Zimmer was probably asking Norv to get rid of the deep drops, which to an Air Coryell guy would be an affront to all he believes in. Shurmur is fine, but like you said, the book is out on the Vikings. Play zone and attack the Vikings' OTs. Until they can prove they can hold up then they won't do anything regardless of QB

Bradford is a hall of famer of getting coaches fired, but this is unprecedented. Offensive coach of a 5-2 team says "fuck this i'm outta here".

Tom Penny

Fuck me. I missed an important meeting because the stupid MS outlook reminder doesn't pop up on the screen it stays minimized in the taskbar :(

Zeke

From BR 71% of players think weed should be legal, 22% know a teammate who smoked before game. Free the weed Roger!

Top Bottom