• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 9 |OT| - This. is. the. GPODAWUND

Hindl

From BR 71% of players think weed should be legal, 22% know a teammate who smoked before game. Free the weed Roger!

I can see the justification at one level for weed testing. It's federally illegal, so the league shouldn't need to condone it. What really gets me about the whole weed thing is that Goddell refuses to allow it, and then players just get shoved full of painkillers and shit like Cortisone and either end up getting addicted or having really fucked up kidneys and livers later in life. Weed would be infinitely safer as a painkiller and much better for these guys' long-term health. Physical injuries are unfortunately a part of football. But opiate addiction shouldn't be. Player safety my ass.

MechDX

From BR 71% of players think weed should be legal, 22% know a teammate who smoked before game. Free the weed Roger!

635862369318210056-USP-NFL-Houston-Texans-at-Indianapolis-Colts.jpg

Welcome brother! I too feel we need to #FreeTheWeed

Hindl

I'm not even sure they make the playoffs now. Seems like it has just been one (or 4) injuries too many. They looked really listless on Monday

They have a string of at least average edge rushing teams coming up. Lions x2, Cards, and Washington. After that it eases up but unless they can fix their offense Dallas will beat them, and they have to go into Lambeau. I could see them collapsing with those guys at tackle.

bionic77

I can see the justification at one level for weed testing. It's federally illegal, so the league shouldn't need to condone it. What really gets me about the whole weed thing is that Goddell refuses to allow it, and then players just get shoved full of painkillers and shit like Cortisone and either end up getting addicted or having really fucked up kidneys and livers later in life. Weed would be infinitely safer as a painkiller and much better for these guys' long-term health. Physical injuries are unfortunately a part of football. But opiate addiction shouldn't be. Player safety my ass.
Why shit on Goodell when that is pretty much how medicine is practiced in the entire country?

We as a nation have for a long time have had a drug problem. It is no surprise that that extends to football as well.

Tom Penny

PRetty sure you can change that setting
No simply workaround. I Googled it. They designed it that way so if you were doing a presentation you wouldn't get a random pop up on the screen. Now i get an email stating to confirm if you attended the meeting with my boss cc'd on it. Sweet!!!

Hindl

Why shit on Goodell when that is pretty much how medicine is practiced in the entire country?

We as a nation have for a long time have had a drug problem. It is no surprise that that extends to football as well.

That's a fair point. I feel like marijuana legalization is going to happen relatively soon, maybe the next 5 years. Once that happens I wonder how hospitals and doctors will use it. It's a much safer alternative to opiates, but I wonder if the pharmaceutical companies are going to lobby hard against it.

Tom Penny

So in your fantasy land players don't already and wouldnt take pain killers and smoke trees too.

squicken

They have a string of at least average edge rushing teams coming up. Lions x2, Cards, and Washington. After that it eases up but unless they can fix their offense Dallas will beat them, and they have to go into Lambeau. I could see them collapsing with those guys at tackle.

CHI played mostly 2 deep and their front was able to stop the run and get a pass rush w/o blitzing. It's isn't like the Bears have this great defense, either. At some point you just can't Xs and Os around two backup tackles

Steelers ain't saying.

Like you guys actually need to gameplan against fucking Landy. The plan is to stop Bell first and scheme against Ben. Everyone will live with whatever the hell Landry decides to do.

You haven't been watching. The Ravens are bad. Like, Browns bad. How we lucked in to three straight wins to start, I have no idea, but the fact is, this team is sans talent. My feelings on Flacco are well known, and he's not doing anything to change them ( 5TDs 6INTs, 6 yds an attempt). There is no running game. We're missing Ronnie Stanley and Marshall Yanda on the line, Moseley, Suggs and Dumervil at LB, and 4 of the top 6 DBs and our starting corners are out. This is not a good football team.

People are calling for Harbaugh's head this season, but I don't think he's the problem. Another OC is out. The team is hurt. Team team lacks talent. He's doing what he can, and somehow this team is a game out of first place. He's made a few mistakes, but going for it on fourth down is not one of them.

bionic77

You haven't been watching. The Ravens are bad. Like, Browns bad. How we lucked in to three straight wins to start, I have no idea, but the fact is, this team is sans talent. My feelings on Flacco are well known, and he's not doing anything to change them ( 5TDs 6INTs, 6 yds an attempt). There is no running game. We're missing Ronnie Stanley and Marshall Yanda on the line, Moseley, Suggs and Dumervil at LB, and 4 of the top 6 DBs and our starting corners are out. This is not a good football team.

People are calling for Harbaugh's head this season, but I don't think he's the problem. Another OC is out. The team is hurt. Team team lacks talent. He's doing what he can, and somehow this team is a game out of first place. He's made a few mistakes, but going for it on fourth down is not one of them.
You are not watching us either.

We are also beat the fuck up.

The Dolphins are still running on our depleted ass defense.

Unless Cam and Ben are coming back healthy this is going to be a battle of the bads. Anything goes when that happens.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hmmm I'm no expect or even a baseball fan but the tribe losing after being up 3-1 seems like the worst case scenario. Especially after the Cavs 3-1 ....and all the fun they've had with that 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

S61CtLs.gif

MechDX

https://twitter.com/lockedontexans/status/793892482756915200

Interesting take on the Texans QB situation from a local sports radio guy. Basically calls the Texans front office spineless and feels Savage would be a step up. Says he has heard that O'Brien is ready to move on from Brock but the FO would never allow it and that Rick Smith and Bob McNair kind of forced Oz on O'Brien.

He also got me more pumped for Savage to get his shot but he will never get his chance because of the FO.

Is it wrong to kind of want to see Brock get a sprained ankle or some small shit just to get Savage in?

squicken

Savage in?

Hopefully BoB doesn't give Oz the long leash that he gave Hoyer last year. I know a lot of people are saying his only 3 losses were to good teams, but he has looked like crap in a lot of wins this year. What game has he won that Weeden or Savage could have not won?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

What Norv Turner, who is healthy, said of stepping away as #Vikings OC: “I don’t want anyone to think I am bailing. It just wasn’t working.”

It's weird. His kid is the QB coach. He's basically coaching to prove his dad was part of the problem

MechDX

Guys, they're not going to bench their QB who just signed a massive contract in the first year.

Thats why I asked is it wrong to hope for a minor Oz injury? Twisted ankle? Broken finger? Sandy vagina?

Now if Osweiler just shits the bed in two weeks vs. the Jags coming off a bye? Fans will be demanding blood.

Top Bottom